[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WSJ - So what series won more covers? And first places?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: CyMDlI4W8AAO7Dr.jpg (465KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
CyMDlI4W8AAO7Dr.jpg
465KB, 1200x788px
How many debuts and cancellations? What is your expectation for next year? Which series that ended this year that you miss the most?
>>
Excluding group covers:

>One Piece: 7
>Soma: 4
>Haikyuu: 5
>Black Clover: 3
>Hero Academia: 4

Most of the others got only one or two, and it's hilarious how quickly Love Rush and Red Sprite fell.

Anyway, my expectation for next year is that Jump is going to try and find a new moneymaker to supplement One Piece. Hero Academia is popular and they really want to push Black Clover to be the next Naruto, so both will definitely get a lot of advertisement. Hard to say what series will end next year, although I'd bet on Gintama (so Gorilla-sensei can take a break) and half of the new series that just debuted. The Promised Neverland seems to be going strong, but nothing else from the batch really attracts me.

As for the series I miss the most, probably Toriko. Never followed AssClass, Bleach's ending was meh, and Kochikame's creator deserves some rest (although he won't), but Toriko could have had some promise if they didn't try to promote it as the next One Piece.
>>
>>150256036
>>One Piece: 7
>>Soma: 4
>>Haikyuu: 5
>>Black Clover: 3
>>Hero Academia: 4

Gintama: 3
>>
>>150255795
>And first places?

>Hero Academia = 17
>One Piece = 9 (+3 the series was absent eight weeks before)
>Black Clover = 7
>Haikyuu!! = 5
>>
>>150256036
>they really want to push Black Clover to be the next Naruto

That's fucking stupid because in the first place Boruto is a thing.

Second, they're clearly pushing Hero Academia to be "the next naruto" but again it's stupid, Boruto sells more than both during a recap of a movie.
>>
>>150257770
>Second, they're clearly pushing Hero Academia to be "the next naruto" but again it's stupid
I disagree. If so, the number of covers and colored pages would be larger than the others, and the MC would appear on a larger scale too. The series is having a normal publicity, despite being really popular and sell very well (less than Fujoyuu!!, but more than Boruto, actually). BC, on the other hand, is getting more and more attention.
>>
Am I the only one that sees naruto as the rurouni kenshin replacement still?
>>
>>150258265
what do you mean?
>>
Next year is op's 20 year anniversary, it's gonna be insane.
It doesn't even matter if every single series from now on flops, the magazine will stay strong.
>>
File: 1479240002695.gif (6KB, 128x200px) Image search: [Google]
1479240002695.gif
6KB, 128x200px
>>150260743
>Oda draws Nami with nipples for Weekly Playboy and has a crossover with Yudetamago on top of it.

MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
>>150258041
OP = One Piece
MHA = Next Naruto
BC = Next Toriko
Bleach = irrelevant since 2011
>>
>>150258041
Plus: only 13 (very slow) episodes in a whole year, when the average is over 20 in the first season. If they are pushing BnHA, they are doing it wrong kek.
>>
Net worth

Kishimoto $20 million
Toriyama $45 million
Kubo $50 million

What did they mean by this?
>>
Series that will end next year:
Gintama
Hinomaru Zumo
Sesuji
Amalgam
Spring Weapon
The football one with the retarded name

Series that will have an anime announcement:
Black Clover early 17
Samon-kun mid 17
Kimetsu no Yaiba late 17
>>
>>150261259
is Kishi a financial idiot, or is Kubo actually a genius?
>>
>>150262533
>Hinomaru Zumo
Why? Isn't it popular?
>>
>>150263637
Only the editors like Zumo
>>
>>150263770
Only because editors ultimately choose in what position a series goes in it doesn't mean that rankings don't reflect popularity among WSJ readers.
>>
>>150263811
>Only because editors ultimately choose in what position a series goes in it doesn't mean that rankings don't reflect popularity among WSJ readers.
souma is an example
>>
>>150263811
They gave it a crossover with Kuroko no Basuke and fucking 15 color pages this year and it's still selling like crap
>>
>>150258350
Naruto started in the issue Kenshin ended.
>>
>>150264385
It's popular in the magazine that sells 2 million+ issues a week and that's all that matters for it to continue.
The anime will make it mainstream, probably by toei.
>>
>>150264910
Only 2% out of the 2 million buy the volumes. Popular my ass
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.