[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultic;Nine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 472
Thread images: 70

File: asuna gamotan.jpg (84KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
asuna gamotan.jpg
84KB, 1440x810px
Ep8 already out

Reminder that we are all probably dead too
>>
Can scandium cure autism?
>>
none of you anons have taken scandium before right
>>
>>150241980
No, autism carries on after death
>>
>>150241833
>Izumi is nowhere to be seen
O boy.
>>
>>150242210
Not even death can save us from autism.
>>
>>150241833
Wait fucking hell, I just rewatched

So the scandium thing where it makes you a ghost was just a bait for them to mindhack the rich people who was promised eternal life?

So basically, their goal is to get the rich people to inject themselves with scandium with the guise of "eternal life" in order to mindhack them

>scandium in your brains while alive + electro magnetic waves = mind control
>scandium in your brains on death + ??? = ghost

But what about the synchronization thing?
>>
Why does ghost guy have Aria's brother's memories?
>>
>Don't call it the Inokashira Lake Incident, call it the 256 Incident

Why did he ask for this? Also can someone dump the end cards from the previous episodes?
>>
>>150243079
Demon must be her brother who maybe had an amnesia when he went astral accidentally which had that as a side effect
>>
>>150243583
So why did they killed all this people?
>>
>>150243583
Because that's the name he's trying to make mainstream on his blog. I actually laughed when he said that.
>>
>>150242949
Thanks for making it clear for me. I thought what they wanted to control were the ghost.
>>
>>150243079
I wanna protect this imouto
>>
How many episodes are left?
>>
>>150245927
Only four unfourtunately.
>>
I want Asuna-chan to touch my dick and tell me what she's read.
>>
>>150246481
I want Myu-pom to read my dick's future.
>>
>>150246320
Isn't it five? That said, I can't see how we will get a satisfying conclusion with such little time left.

Hopefully there won't be a "BUY OUR VN" ending.
>>
>>150246481
She'll probably see a lot of hand actions
>>
>>150246320
Good. I hate to wait for this show to come out every damn week ;_;
>>
This show wants me to hate it. For every episode it does right, like episode 7, it does an episode like this.

Rapid fire dialogue like this atrocious. Because even with characters I like and a plot I'm interested in, I just want to bash my head in.

The deliveries of VAs when rushed to this extent removes all feeling and emotion from their performance.

If this episode had removed the whole technobabble section from this episode, it could have been well paced and delivered.

It seems to be a case of whoever's making this show, wants to keep every single facet of the story intact, but doing so like this, results in fucking awful dialogue that makes my brain go numb.

I like Ryotas, I like Gamon, I like most of the main characters. I like the idea of a story where the main cast have already lost and are dead, and the mystery that surrounds it.

But this is not a good show. They have the talent, the VAs, and the Artists needed, Maybe even the director. I don't know. I don't care to look into the production teams. I judge anime based on what I see.

And this. This is bad.

A show that has me invested in the characters and story, deliberately does things to make me hate it.

I still hold out that this show can make a clean break for the last four episodes, but I know in my heart, at least two of them will be as awful as this one.
>>
>>150246898
Will there be a vn?
>>
>>150247237
Yes.
>>
>>150247191
You are blown things out way of proportion. You want to love it? Well then suck those segments up because it's one of the few thing O;N has to make compromise upon. If there's no technobabble it would get too confusing for normal audiences. And the feeling is still there in the VA's performances, there's not much wrong with their dialogues either. The only and biggest problem is the pace of their conversation going too fast, thus those emotions don't have time to sink into the viewer before going to the next line. You could view this as director opted for plot over characters, which is a legit choice considering this show is less about characters like S;G but events. I figure they would opt for both had they have enough time but they clearly don't with this 12 episodes format.
If you want a inspect on each character's feeling then rewatch it.
>>
Are they fucking cutting out the milliseconds of silence between syllables now? Why are they talking so fast, holy shit?
>>
>>150248725
I pity the fantranslators
>>
File: 1476188807051.jpg (104KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476188807051.jpg
104KB, 823x1200px
How many times would you ishishu into Ryotas?
>>
File: what.jpg (180KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
180KB, 945x945px
>mfw there are people who actually struggle reading the subtitles
>>
>>150250712
O;9 is a fantastic retard filter
>>
>>150250712
>there are people who don't know japanese
>>
So has Sarai's dad taken the scandium
>>
I like the OP and ED.
>>
>>150246898
>O;9 gets a VN
>it will never be translated
>>
>>150251549
If anything, they're the best part of any 5pb anime (Yes, including Plastic Memories).
>>
>>150251678
It takes less than a year to learn enough Japanese to be able to read a VN with a dictionary.
>>
File: Murimuri.jpg (8KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
Murimuri.jpg
8KB, 229x173px
>>150251826
Do people really believe this?
>>
>>150246898
People say that shit all the time, but if the studio needed more episodes they would have done that. But they won't, so that means 12 is going to be plenty enough to give it a satisfying conclusion. Afterall, Chiyomaru himself did write the script for it.
>>
File: 1477391592688.jpg (29KB, 492x352px) Image search: [Google]
1477391592688.jpg
29KB, 492x352px
>>150251966
Just because /djt/ is gone doesn't mean Japanese cannot be learned. Apply yourself, motherfucker.

It is going to be hard, and you WILL be reading pretty damn slowly, but it can be done.
>>
>>150251545
Nope.

Gamotan's dad on the other hand...
>>
>>150251826
>learning japanese
>>
>Chief editor is Suwa 2.0
>>
Robotto?
>>
>>150252314
domo arigato
>>
>>150252017

I remember when I forced myself to go through this untranslated Manga about wizard poker, I read so slowly and my head hurt after a while but I learned so much, especially considering the scope of the work. I second this, learning a language is hard work considering you're trying to understand something people have been learning their whole lives.
>>
File: 1445191075170.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445191075170.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>150242567
While you're a lost cause, your death would save us from your autism
>>
This episode set everything in place for the grand finale.

- Everyone finds their bodies.
- The big bad plan is unveilled.
- Finally we get to see Gamotan's dad and we are also told he had a connection with the occult.
- The editor in chief in the magazine Touko works is revealed to be the one that ransacked Hashigami's place.
- Ririka BTFO red herring spoiled pale kid.
- Myu gets mail from her supposed dead friend.
- Izumi misteriously disappears at the same time someone who goes by the name of 'Emperor' is introduced.
- Kiryu's memories are surfacing.

This episode was perfect.
>>
>>150252613
Why would the leader of illuminati pretends to be a gay bar owner to play with retarded boy and his big-titted gf?
>>
>>150253002
I didn't say he was the leader.

But he IS definitely involved in this mess.
>>
>>150253002
Holy fuck the gay owner is THE emperor and shun's boss
Really makes you think
>>
>>150253115

Speaking of that, when he called Shun, wasn't he worried that the call could be intercepted? And didn't he make him trample with an important piece of evidence the police could have used to find the list much earlier and alert the 256 victims?

He got played like a damn fidle.
>>
File: 1478843851338.png (179KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1478843851338.png
179KB, 400x750px
>yfw the emperor is actually Chi-chan
>>
>>150253529
Drop the drugs. NOW.
>>
>Watching to the show expecting Myu-pom greatness
>She just got depressed all week in her room
>>
>>150253726
From how it ended this episode she looks like she gonna kill herself only to find she's already dead
>>
>>150252613
Izumi doesn't just disappear though. Gamotan and crew did visit his shop so he's there to open it.
>>
>>150253892
Sure, but what was he doing that he wasn't even at sight. Probably he was hiding behind the curtains... again.

I tell you, this seemingly harmless bar tender is going to be the FB.
>>
>>150253976
Oh, he will be, but the disappearance act that people keep talking about didn't happen. Being sneaky is another.
>>
>>150254031
What worries me is that Ryo-tas has throrough it been getting too friendly with him. For a good purpose, of course, but I'm afraid we are soon going to see her 'caged' like in the ED.
>>
>>150241833
Let's consider all of the people in the past who died, and then add all the people who aren't born yet, and put them together as 'non-living', to start with. So there are many billion or trillion of these 'non-living', compared to just a couple billion alive right this moment. If you were just picking at random from the entire set, you would get a 'non-living' almost every time. In fact, it's actually so much more likely that any random person is dead than alive, that you should just assume everyone is dead, including yourself.
>>
>>150252613

Myuu is just going to get raped hard when "Chi-chan" texts her to meet in the alley behind the Korean BBQ place
>>
>>150254317

All those other dead people aren't synchronized with our time, anon
>>
>>150254361
Oh shit it's the white kid who called her out because he's curious whether he can see her or not.
>>
>>150254629
Nah. This time is really going to be Chi.
>>
I don't understand astral bodies. If people die then the scandium in their brain should stop sending out information to all the broadcast stations, then what exactly is those astral bodies? What sustained them? What granted them the ability to interact with people, object, other astral bodies?
At first my hypothesis is people uploading their brains to server through scandium, then those brains begin to get itself broadcasted after their owner died, thus creating a "ghost". But if that's the case then that ghost can only be perceived to other, it shouldn't be able to interact.with others and most specifically, it shouldn't be able to interact with other astral bodies- No, I'm getting to mixed up. In the first place, how do these brains manifest itself into people?
Can someone provide me with an explanation?
Let's stay with these questions:
>What is astral body?
>What formed it?
>What sustained it?
>Why and how people can perceived it?
>Why and how can these astral bodies perceived other people, learn from them
>Why and how can they interact among themselves?
>What's with the ghost radio, ghost clothes, ghost phones, etc?
>>
>>150254395
They may not even know what time is. They're frozen as forever still memories, just like that Gamoshotan, forever looking at the window with a happy face.

For those who knows no time, eternity is but a single frame.
>>
>>150254983
They're self-sustaining electromagnetic automatons containing the memories of those who died, living in the electromagnetic field with unlimited power Tesla was looking for.

Basically, consider them to be people made of electromagnetic energy.

Also, relevant post from last topic:

For all we know, right know, physics doesn't have to obey the arrow of time. There's no rules that states "stuff goes into the future" at the micro level.
We feel time because information is created by entropy.
What we, as human, feels isn't the arrow of time, but the creation of coherent information by matter at the macro level.
If souls were real, and weren't made up of "stuff", it wouldn't have to obey that rule.
Which is why time was such a problem for the Cult.
Psycho stuff doesn't have to obey the same arrow of time humans do.
Which is why some are capable of obtaining knowledge from past and future stuff.
The difference between simple "events" and "ghosts" is that ghosts were made to obey that same arrow of information humans do.
"Events" don't create knew information, they merely contains them.
"Ghosts" are capable of containing information, but also creating new ones.

If you want to imagine it like a computer:
"Psychometry" is a Monitor ; "Events" are simply a HDD without specified dates ; "Ghosts" are a HDD with a CPU, but a CPU needs to order how stuff happens to work properly.
>>
>>150254983
We still do not have sufficient clues

What we know is the organization's main goal is to take control all of the rich person through mindhack by scandium injection which means you don't need to die. But they won't be able to sell it if they tell it straight that they'll inject you scandium so that the org can mind control them, instead, they reasoned out that the scandium will bring them "eternal life" which baits them into taking it.

Whether they know that the astral projection through scandium works or not, their main goal isn't to kill anyone but to control them.

But likely they know about it too since they mentioned something about synchronizing the spirit world and real world
>>
>>150255157
I would assume that dead people from years ago can't be synchronize to the current time with us unless you can somehow transmit signal capable of affecting how their mind perceive things from the present to the past. But even then it still pose a problem as their "computer", their physical bodies still remain in the past. Let's say we will construct a pseudo body made of purely information for them in the present, what happen to their bodies in the past? How do they think with a pseudo body?
In the end signals are merely signals and it can't affect anything else but the mind. The limitation of not having a physical container is a big deal.
>>150255353
So astral bodies are electromagnetic automaton? Oh right, there was an explanation regarding to that but I forgot, welp fuck. That explains a lot, this is the possible container I was looking for.
I still feel like I'm missing something but for now one question resolved.
>>
>>150247191
>Rapid fire dialogue like this atrocious. Because even with characters I like and a plot I'm interested in, I just want to bash my head in.
I'm so amused by people like this.
>>
File: 1445942644876.png (345KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
1445942644876.png
345KB, 579x570px
>>150247191
So it's bad because you can't read subtitles?
>>
>>150255741
I remember when people were infuriated by Tatami Galaxy
>>
A little bit of reorganizing:
Injecting scandium into people -> their souls turned into a mass of super concentrated energy, capable of interacting -> after they died, broadcast station sustain them through "synchronization".
What does syncing entail? These mass of energies shouldn't have mind of their own but just pure information right? And it also should somehow hold all the energy in one place so those aren't get disperse everywhere?
>>
>>150255572
1- Yeah, basically you could probably revive someone using the memories he left from his dying place.

2- Yep, it's explained during the conversation between Sarai and the Journalist in ep 7, but we're probably going to get more infos later on when the Cult guy explains more clearly what Synchronization is, so you should have clearer infos soon(tm) for the things you didn't understand.
>>
>>150255853
Tatami didn't use technobabble bullshit in its dialog.
>>
>>150255918
Yeah, it seem like "syncing" is the key to all of these. Now I'm even more hyped for next episodes. Hopefully it delivers a good explanations.
>>
>>150256035
I didn't say it did, but there were entire threads with people complaining about the pace of the dialogue
>>
>>150255913
Memories are contained in a self-sustaining electromagnetic container. Tesla theorized that there was limitless electromagnetic energy available, and that's what fuels their electromagnetic shells.
Sync is how much they're able to interact the world with. For example:

Gamotan is capable of bumping into things and live at the same rate as other people. He's supposedly at 97% sync.

DemonDude can't do shit except interacting with electricity when he's in his ghost-form, he's probably at a lower sync level, maybe let's say, 50% sync.

Past and future events FBI and Myu-pom can perceive can't change and don't even understand the passing of time, they're just like movies, so they're around probably around 0% sync.

The % of sync is simply how much similar they are to physical things human perceive.
0% means you can't interact and time doesn't work at all with it, 100% means you can't tell the difference between it and a physical object
>>
>>150256065
Not that guy but pacing of dialogues are important to convey emotion. same with cutting.
Their complaints are legit. The only defend I can think of is
>faster talk makes for more space to cramp expositions
>O;N is less about characters but more about events, thus it's ok to opt for info instead of feeling
And there are episodes when they talk in relatively normal speed to, which mean fast talk is only a compromise they've to make when necessary due to restriction of time format.
>>
This is some Prometheus Rising shit. I love it.
>>
>>150256209
What I don't understand is these limitless energy is suppose to be at idle state, not excited, right? Then the mass of astral bodies must continuously making an effort to draw in these idle energy to fuel itself BUT astral bodies aren't real human, they shouldn't be capable of thinking, then how do they draw in energy? Or is there something wrong with my understanding regarding this?
Interaction through the container of mass concentrated energy, that I understand. But a container merely solve the problem of physical interaction, like touching people, open doors, operating machines, etc... electromagnetic container alone doesn't solve
>thinking
>talking
>perceiving
>something else I can't remember
And I presume this can only be explained through syncing.
If sync is simply a display of number but not a process then from where come the abilities of interacting, thinking, perceiving?
>>
>>150254273
Hold on Ryo-tas is alive and yet she can see Gamotan and the others
Could she be the daugther of one of those who ordered their brainwashing microchips or is she part of the FBI
>>
Lucky Ryoutas Special!
>>
File: 1477674427452.jpg (156KB, 522x563px) Image search: [Google]
1477674427452.jpg
156KB, 522x563px
>>150256673
>>
When the fuck will they reveal Ryotas is Zonko
I want Ryotas to be relevant to the plot.
>>
>>150256673
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60124753
>>
>>150256539
The shells are self-sustaining, they simply draw-in the needed energy constantly, kind of like how a fusion reactor is capable of sustaining its own reactions, but with unlimited fuel present.
For the thinking stuff part, just imagine that the shell protects a good electromagnetic quantum woobly doobly computer.
>>
>>150256668
Neither. However, she has a clear connection with Gamotan's dad.

And she can see them because she's a Psychic Medium.
>>
>>150256787
Like they say, "leave the best for last".

Which means very soon, as there are only 4 episodes left.
>>
>>150257096
>The shells are self-sustaining, they simply draw-in the needed energy constantly, kind of like how a fusion reactor is capable of sustaining its own reactions, but with unlimited fuel present.
This could work but it comes with the problem that if these self-sustaining shell were to touch each other, wouldn't something bad happen as they try to draw-in each other?
>For the thinking stuff part, just imagine that the shell protects a good electromagnetic quantum woobly doobly computer.
Yeah, unlikely. I remember dying guy from episode 2, Myu talked about him being inside a server room or something so that might explain where the "thinking" capability come from. Or maybe not.
In any case, for now there is still not enough info to work out anything conclusive.
>>
>>150250712
Because of O;9 I have started watching youtube videos on 1.25x or 1.5x because I can't stand how slow everybody is usually talking.
>>
Some context for you all:

What happened to the cast is, in the popular imagination, what happens when you achieve enlightenment in Buddhism. You become a physical ghost that's capable of acting on the world, but the world ceases to act upon you.

Furthermore, the way the cast died--they drowned, were reborn, and actually saw their own drowned corpses afterwards--is a point-for-point copy of what happens to the Monkey King and his adventuring party near the end of Journey to the West.

This is presumably why it's easy for the antagonists to pretend to be a New Age Shinto-Buddhist religious organization.

As an additional note, while Taoism also has methods through which one becomes a transcendent being, the methods and nature of your immortality are completely different. You retain the physical body you were born with, you don't experience physical death in the process of achieving immortality, and you have to spend the rest of eternity ready to fend off death gods and natural catastrophes trying to erase your existence.
>>
So masked man = gamotan's dad?
>>
>>150257318
That's correct. There's no way someone could walk the streets in that getup and not freak out people and make them call the cops.
>>
J.i.b.u.n
W.O.O.O
>>
>>150257316
Holy shit.
>>
>>150257706
>R3 starts airing
>Lelouch turns out to be a ghost
>>
File: 60136950_p0.jpg (299KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
60136950_p0.jpg
299KB, 700x1100px
>>
File: 1476575034960.png (216KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476575034960.png
216KB, 400x400px
>>150258018
>>
>>150251992
>People say that shit all the time, but if the studio needed more episodes they would have done that

Never forget Chaos;Head
>>
Man, this year is good. I hope next year will be even better.
>>
File: 60139893_p1.png (374KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
60139893_p1.png
374KB, 1200x1500px
>>
>>150258178
O;C is a LN and Chiyomaru has written the script. You are comparing apples with oranges.
>>
>>150258178
C;H's problem wasn't just the number of episodes, they just dindunguffin hard
>>
>>150258543
And the studio in charge was Madhouse. Episode 8 was completely anime-only. Also, Chiryomaru wasn't in charge of writing the script, unlike with O;N.

It's really a bad example to bring.
>>
>>150258422
Best girl.
>>
File: 60130217_p0.jpg (735KB, 4093x2894px) Image search: [Google]
60130217_p0.jpg
735KB, 4093x2894px
>>
>this thread managed to survive the jibun wo shitstorm
I'm proud of O;9
>>
>>150259360
But it never survives til the next episode
>>
>>150259439
Well,let's try to make this first,then.
>>
So legal shota joins the group.
>>
>>150260063
I can't be more excited.
>>
>>150260063
Aria joining when? Myu-pom still broke as fuck
>>
File: 674.jpg (124KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
674.jpg
124KB, 500x500px
>>150258422
>Gero-froggy
>Upa
>Tanegashima Machine 3
>and now Zonko
Can't wait to see A;C's mascot.
>>
>>150260063
I'm more interested in what they'll do after the show ends, 8 ghosts hanging out with a gay bartender in a comfy cafe?
>>
>>150260385
They go on causing ghostly incidents while gamotan milks dough from it
>>
>making photos of a screen instead of screenshots
>making screenshots of data on a usb stick instead of just copying the data
what
>>
>>150260447
Normies use the word "screenshot" to refer to taking photos of a screen or printed/written material.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>150260385
Would watch.
>>
>>150260385
That'd be a comfy as fuck show,to be honest.
>>
>>150260442
>yfw this is how O;9 ends
>>
>>150260385
We need a spin-off.
>>
>>150260629
Gamotan can go into any location he want for scope without anyone obstructing him
He will be loaded in cash, I tell you.
>>
>>150260447
Maybe she did and just took the pictures to show Sarai in the park without having to take her laptop out.
>>
>>150260990
It's clearly this. Can't be moving things around in the office in case he becomes suspicious and go watch the camera replays. Keeping it save by not taking the laptop with her is the best thing she could have done.
>>
File: 1479688996589.png (501KB, 700x987px) Image search: [Google]
1479688996589.png
501KB, 700x987px
>>
>>150260447
It was faster. Someone could've walked in and noticed an open laptop transferring data.
>>
File: 1478459896646.jpg (934KB, 2258x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1478459896646.jpg
934KB, 2258x2398px
i doubted anon's theory on there are two radios and two keys.
it turns out he is right
>>
File: O;N episode 4 Ryotas bounce.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
O;N episode 4 Ryotas bounce.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>150261243
Built for daily paizuri and cuddling.
>>
>>150262114
>>
File: 59846754_p0.png (1MB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
59846754_p0.png
1MB, 1024x1280px
>>
>>150262629
Not enough Myu-pom in this thread desu
>>
File: happy and smuggy.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
happy and smuggy.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>150247191
>Rapid fire dialogue like this atrocious. Because even with characters I like and a plot I'm interested in, I just want to bash my head in.
I for one actually love this. Wish they made more shows like this.
Rather, its probably one of the high points of this show for me.
>>
Next episode when? ;_;
>>
>>150250530
Why's she even in the show? She adds literally fuck all and her tits are large to the point of just looking weird.
>>
>>150252613
>- Kiryu's memories are surfacing.

I didn't even realize this. So he IS her brother after all?
>>
Being dead doesn't look so bad. People can't see you, but you can still touch them, which means that you can go on a raping spree.
>>
>>150264340
She's Zonko and maybe more, we don't know yet.
>>
>>150251992
>>150258533
To be more accurate, Chiyomaru decides what goes into each episode. He's doing series composition.

The actual scriptwriting is done by professional anime scriptwriters. Well, surprisingly episode 4's was done by the director of the show himself, but other than that it has been people whose jobs are write scripts for anime.
>>
>>150264340
You have the gall to say that despite how she gets all the focus in the ED along with Gamotan?

Don't worry, you'll soon see how important she is to the plot.
>>
>>150264396
Maybe. Even before this incident happened, Ria was the only one who could not see but hear him.
>>
>>150264647
Yeah, I know that. What I wanted to say is that the LN script had been long finished and now the anime is adapting both the published and the still unpublished source material.

Works great because no one can spoil you on anything and at the same time you are promoting the LN. It's a win-win.
>>
File: oni san.png (1MB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
oni san.png
1MB, 1438x810px
dumping ideas

>miyuu got famous through streaming and got an interview on tv, ririka found miyuu
>ririka is very likely related to miyuu's past (dead parent flash back)
>ririka manipulate white kid to kill miyuu but he got chin-chan instead
>aria did not hallucinating after her brother died in the operation, she got mind control into believing her brother is still alive.
>>
>>150260385
>I'm more interested in what they'll do after the show ends, 8 ghosts hanging out with a gay bartender in a comfy cafe?
They'll destroy the machine that's causing them to be synchronized to stop the evil group. Bittersweet ending.
>>
>>150264949
There's no machine. What causes this is the Scandium that was injected in their bodies.

Besides, if the real body rots away, eventually the brain will cease its functions.

Also, Ryo-tas hasn't gone to such lenghts only to see Gamotan die for real, you know. His father also wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>150264340
The whole point is literally to trick you into thinking that so I don't know if I can blame you, only congratulate the staff for succeeding. However, you have to be really slow/distracted to not have picked up the hints that there's more to her than that. I hope you're not the kind of person to call the twist an asspull when it happens despite the enormous amount of foreshadowing leading up to it.
>>
File: 1478999993396.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478999993396.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
What if everyone is actually ignoring them? Only FBI-chan didn't get the note.
>>
>>150265119
>I hope you're not the kind of person to call the twist an asspull when it happens despite the enormous amount of foreshadowing leading up to it.

Starting with the ED, where she gets all the focus and is shown trapped inside a cage, which I'm pretty sure is a hint that something is going to happen to her soon.
>>
>>150265175
That would actually be hilarious but it's impossible considering the whole city is doing it.
>>
>>150265175
>It's all a prank bro
That would be the best twist.
>>
>>150262622
Does anyone have a webm of this one scene?
>>
>>150265776
>>>150212629
>>
File: latest.jpg (78KB, 629x478px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
78KB, 629x478px
>>150265673
>it's impossible considering the whole city is doing it
HE DOESN'T KNOW THE WORDSSS
>>
File: 60082460_p0.png (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
60082460_p0.png
3MB, 2480x3508px
>>150265932
Thanks based anon
>>
I wish less people in 4chan wrote stupid comments. But I guess this is asking for too much.
>>
>>150266363
>less people in 4chan wrote stupid comments
kek nice one
>>
>>150256673
>you will never get luckies from Ryotas

Why fucking live?
>>
File: 1437814629859.jpg (37KB, 337x404px) Image search: [Google]
1437814629859.jpg
37KB, 337x404px
>>150266363
>I wish less people in 4chan wrote stupid comments.
Why don't you start?
>>
File: 60129399_p1.png (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
60129399_p1.png
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>150267954
Is that Yasuda's art?
>>
File: 60129399_p0.png (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
60129399_p0.png
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>150268200
No idea.
>>
Ryotas is not in the morgue, neither is Izumin nor Kusakabe. I would say they could not find a coffin big enough for Ryota's tatas, but the lack of the other two is fishy.
>>
>>150269041
Are you even following the show? Why would Kusakabe be in the morgue? He's been ghost from the start. He can do astral projection at will because of an accident at the scandium factory.
>>
>>150269041
We already know that Kiryu's body is at his house and the other two are still casting shadows so they are probably alive.
>>
>>150269041
Tits and drag are alive, emo can temporarily depart from his body
>>
>>150269247
That reminds me, Kiryu is probably an unknown to the Society due to him being an accident (heh). I wonder if this element would come into play in the future?
>>
>>150265175
Then we will have another Another.
Complimented with cakes.
>>
Kiryuu is one of the dead bodies in episode one. Izumin and Ryotas are never depicted dead. I apologize if I had made a mistake.
>>
>>150269603
Yes, you have a big one. Kiryuu isn't dead.
>>
Next episode looks like shit is finally getting real. Well, it has been for many episodes already, but by real I mean realer than real because the story is entering its climax.
>>
>>150269660
Then may be none of them are dead yet? They will return to their bodies and everyone will live happily ever after. All other relations aside, Miyuu and Gomotan will have two kids.
>>
>>150269876
Nope, everyone's at the morgue is deader than dead
>>
>>150247191
I wish copy pasting MAL comments was a bannable offense.
>>
>>150270034
>google
>it's really from MAL
Heh.
Then again, how did you know it was from MAL?
>>
>>150269999
Yeps, so Kiryuu, Izumin and Ryotas ain't dead. They can see and interact with the dead. Kiryuu was working with the factory, what about Izumin and Ryotas?
>>
>>150270232
A hunch and a google.
>>
>>150270034
Even better, ban IPs that regularly visits MAL

>>150270232
Easy to spot desu, the wide spacing gives it away for me
>>
The story won't be finished in the anime OR LN, it will be finished in the VN.
>>
>>150270244
Nothing concrete for now.
Seriously, pay attention to the show or at least watch it twice if you aren't good at following things.
>>150270290
>>150270294
Oh yeah, spacing. I should take note on that.
>>
anyone has a theory about why Asuna can't see shit by touching Gamon's body?

I mean she can even see things from inanimate objects, even if Gamon's brain was affected, why couldn't she see what happened from touching his coat?
>>
>>150270848
Probably because he was killed differently from the others (by the devil in episode 3). Still, if he was really killed by the devil then Asuna could've been able to read that as well so maybe the Devil didn't kill him but do something to him? Then tossed him into the river.
One thing for sure though, his body is dead as fuck.
>>
>>150270848
Because Gamotan is MC and is super special.
>>
>>150271039
But Gamotan isn't here with me.
>>
>>150271031
Also, too little is know about the extent of Asuna's reading capability so nothing concrete either.
>>
>>150270343
Not me nor this show is fit for your all mightiness. I humbly apologize for disturbing you with my idiotic ideas hoping for a conversation with my fellow anons. I am the dirtiest dirt out in the world. One again my most humble apologies. I am not even worth watching the show, I will most probably quit watching.
>>
>>150271031
Maybe even astral data can be classified and Asuna doesn't have the password.
>>
File: 1475945279943.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475945279943.gif
4MB, 640x360px
Can we do something about Ryo-tas tumors?
>>
>>150271082
But he is a pornography superstar.
>>
>>150271094
Yeah sure, be my guest. If you don't know enough how are you supposed to hold a good conversation? And wasn't that a conversation you were looking for? I didn't even touch you and you're already overreacted.
>>150271135
That still doesn't really explain why she could read the others but not him, unless this is Gamotan has the bug and this bug blocked out psychometry.
It would've been clearer if we know what exactly happen when Asuna read a dead body? Their consciousness in their last moments? Or The last thing they saw before they die?
>>
>>150271248
Don't worry. When this is all over, Gamotan will pay her surgery.

I hope people will understand. We all love Ryo-tas tatas, but come on, her back must ache a lot.
>>
>>150271391
Speak for yourself, I like my big breasts moderately big.
>>
>>150271321
>It would've been clearer if we know what exactly happen when Asuna read a dead body?
Whatever the plot needs her to read. We have a guy deliberately leaving a message to her with an inanimate object (which was no doubt handled by others after the fact), her reading something probably 10 years in the past with the mic, and then her reading memories just before death. It works how the writers want it to work.
>>
>>150271305

Who is that on the right? I hope not who I think it could be.
>>
>>150271499
It's Zenigata.
>>
>>150271321
There's something wrong with all the other 255. Even before touching Gamotan Asuna said that normally she'd see more information from when they were still alive.

So basically Gamotan is just the worse case where she sees absolutely nothing, while for the rest she sees little.
>>
>>150269876
First and foremost, the final goal is to bring everyone back to life.

Second, Ryo-tas and Gamon is the only genuine relationship and the ED hints at that. Mentioning Myuu in this when their relationship other than being friends is nonexistant makes it sound like this is only what you wish would happen.
>>
>>150271459
Not really. Maybe the info she can read related to items are "last interaction with a living being". It just mean that the latest time the card was touched is by the detective at the time he was recording that memory and the last time someone use the mic was 10 years ago, by Gamotan's father. We also don't know how much did she read about the 2 detectives.
>>
>>150271627
>and the last time someone use the mic was 10 years ago, by Gamotan's father
That's a huge stretch.
>>
>>150271626
> the final goal is to bring everyone back to life.

The final goal of whom? If I understood it correctly all those 256 were disposed off as obsolete test subjects.

And can they really be brought back when their bodies must have already started to rot (or at any rate their brain cells should have already degenerated)?

The only way they could be brought back to life is if their bodies aren't truly dead or some sort of magical gimmick.
>>
>>150271613
Was that "something wrong" caused by the bugs or by mass hypnosis though? If I remember correctly, Rap God explicitly stated that the bugs haven't affected everyone but a few yet he still decided to dispose of them anyway in fear of bugs spreading to more people.
>>150271757
But not impossible. That building was Gamotan's father property and Gamo probably didn't touch a lot of things at that station because the whole building reminds him of his dead dad, especially that mic since it's related to one of his happiest memory about his dad.
>>
Steins gate is the only one of their series I could get into

Chaos head and robotic notes sucked

I haven't tried this is it any good
>>
>>150271993
It's AOTY material. If the ending is satisfying then I might even replaced Rakugo with O;N.
>>
>>150271812

The only way they could be brought back to life is if their bodies aren't truly dead

Precisely. They mentioned a few bugs, less than 10.

If they were dead for real there really would be no point. Hashigami had the key that not even that organization had knowledge of. I'm sure this key must be used with something that will overturn this situation.

That and Gamotan's dad is roaming the streets with his identity and face hidden behind the mask.
>>
>>150271626
We have seen in this episode that the person behind this all calls mind extraction as a sin. (Emperor in Horriblesubs subs). So it may be the right thing for all the minds to get back in their bodies from a certain point of view. There are people contradicting this in the anime however including the late professor.
>>
>>150271993
I feel deeply violated by the pace, it's wonderful
>>
>>150272066
I wonder why he think roaming the street in that conspicuous outfit is a good idea.
Or maybe he's dead too and has a thing for cosplaying.
>>
>>150271993
I agree with you on all accounts and that's why I'm not setting my expectations with O;9 really high.

But I must say that at least for now it's not bad, the problem is how it will end, and we might very well not have a conclusive ending.
>>
I haven't picked this show up yet. How does it compare to other Sci;Adv shows?
I remember people saying "since it's A-1 there will be lots of QUALITy and it will suck" before it aired. Does that hold true or did they make this with the SAO team?
>>
>>150272109
I don't think all the 256 bodies are going to be brought back to life in the end. Only the protagonists and a few more maybe, but that will be it.

When and how is that going to happen is just a matter of time, so sit back and enjoy the climax of this wild ride.
>>
>>150272243
Nvm I just read >>150271993
>>
>>150272243
A-1 makes a fuckton of shit but sometimes a gem comes out in one of them
>>
>>150272150
Well, of course he is. Or do you really think a living person could walk the streets in that getup and not freak out the citizens? We have already been told Gamotan's dad died seven years ago.
>>
>>150272243
It's an all-star staffs and a lot of Idolmaster's staffs is in this as well. Soundtrack, visual, VA, directing is top notch, whether the narrative and pacing is to your taste is another matter but I fucking love it.
To me O;N is better than C;H and R;N which is not very hard. It will probably better than S;G too, at least for now it's already better in term of directing.
>>
>>150272361
Visually speaking, O;9 beats S;G by a fuckton
>>
>>150272327
He could've been doing the whole "I'm dead but not actually, just have been going into hiding for a while" since we don't know the exact circumstance surround his dead. But yeah, he's probably dead, which bring up an intriguing question. Was he turned into astral form immediately or only recently, when the broadcast stations begin working?
>>
>>150272298
>>150272361
>>150272428
This is encouraging to hear. How likely are they to expand O;9 like they did with S;G?
>>
>>150272467
Expand? You mean more spin off VNs, movies, OVAs and the like? Or how much will they expand on the original plot of O;N?
O;N is an ongoing LN by the way and the anime has moved beyond LN territory.
We uncharted now.
>>
>>150272467
A;C arrives at December and iirc the universe is connected
>>
>>150272452
Take Ria's brother as an example.

My guess is that Gamotan's dad has been watching over his son for all those years after he died. I'm also pretty sure he and Hashigami were acquaninted.

Also, there's a clear connection between him and Ryo-tas. I'm pretty sure that first meeting with Gamotan wasn't just fruit of chance.
>>
>>150272243
>since it's A-1 there will be lots of QUALITy
It's one of the best looking TV shows this year.
>>
>>150272657
So he's a legit ghost? I mean if he's not then the only way for him to survive was to injected Scandium and we all know it won't work without broadcast station to sync these astral bodies up to real time. The station has probably gone active for quite sometimes, most probably before or around the scandium factory incident since Kiryu was able to experience out of body experience after that, indicating station has gone active. Maybe, the around the time Ryo-tas meet Gamotan?
>Station comes alive
>Gamo's synced to real time
>contact Ryo-tas after affirming situation
>Ryo-tas come into contact with Gamotan right after that
Also there's this hypothesis floating around about Ria's ghost brother might be Kiryu play pretending with her and it's actually pretty possible.
>>
Hmmm guys, who are exactly the titular "nine" in this show? I'm having problems determining the last member.

Gamotan
Sarai
Miyuu
Aria
Shun
Touko
Ririka

These are the obvious ones as they are all prominent characters that are reported to have died in the 256 incident and currently existing in "ghost" form.

Ryo-tas is closely connected to Gamotan and hanging out with must of the rest so she's an obvious eigth member.

But who exactly is the 9th?

Asuna? Kiryuu? The albino psycho kid?

I'm leaning toward Asuna but I'm not really sure.
>>
Just realized that the 'soul' isn't bound by time. If Gamotan were to travel back in time and get rid of Hashigami's papers all is well.
>>
>>150273038
Traveling backward is impossible, unless you want to move to a new world line or causing a time paradox. In any case, only moving forward is possible.
>>
File: O;9.jpg (3MB, 5120x1440px) Image search: [Google]
O;9.jpg
3MB, 5120x1440px
>>150243583
All end cards so far. I'll update it again when the show finishes.
>>
File: o9.png (465KB, 1439x519px) Image search: [Google]
o9.png
465KB, 1439x519px
>>150272961
>>
File: occultic_nine_wp.png (825KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
occultic_nine_wp.png
825KB, 1024x590px
>>150272961
Should be obvious
>>
>>150272886
>So he's a legit ghost?
No, man. Real ghosts don't exist, that's what this show is about, disproving the Occult through science, and this is exactly what is doing. If someone who had not been injected with Scandium dies, that person dies for real, like Hashigami.

You do remember Ryo-tas got a phone call the day prior to the incident? Well, we do know ghosts while they can not be seen by living people they can still talk to them through electronic devices such as the radio, phone, etc. It makes sense, since those are not real ghosts but electromagnectic conscious bodies. I'm pretty sure the person that called Ryo-tas was Gamotan's dad.

And why that? Because as her character profile states, Ryo-tas is a Psychic Medium. She's in the boundary that separates the Living World from the Spirit Realm, a mediator.

The order how I think things went by:

>Ryo-tas meets Gamotan's dad sometime around early 2016. Gamotan's dad realizes she can see him and from there on they meet periodically.
> Gamotan's dad calls Hashigami who is genuinely shocked to hear his voice and explains to him how he ended in that state. That's when the professor turned to the Occult.
>Hashigami makes a big discovery about the 256 and informs Gamotan's dad that his son is in the list.
Gamotan's dad tells Ryo-tas to go meet his son.

Of course I'm certain his dad isn't just doing this for his sake, but also for Ryo-tas's. Because let's be honest, there's absolutely no way this girl has been able to lead a normal life, not with her Macromastia. We don't even know if she has any parents, it's usually the most cheerful and high spirited the ones that conceal the saddest backstory.

>Also there's this hypothesis floating around about Ria's ghost brother might be Kiryu play pretending with her and it's actually pretty possible.

From what I have observed, he has memories of her that only should belong to Ria's brother, so...
>>
>>150273287
This is not SciADV, wordlines probably don't even exist
>>
>>150273388

Then it's Kiryuu. I wonder what is exactly the factor that connects those 9 but leaves Asuna out.
>>
>>150273450
>She's in the boundary that separates the Living World from the Spirit Realm
Ryotas confirmed as the new avatar
>>
>>150273572
Sarai's father dead
>>
>>150273608
That wasn't meant to be literal, man. It just serves to explain why she can see them.
>>
File: CyL2uOmUkAAfKNO.jpg (26KB, 659x450px) Image search: [Google]
CyL2uOmUkAAfKNO.jpg
26KB, 659x450px
>>150273572
Asuna was introduced halfway through the series with little to no exposition other than she's in the FBI and knows Shun. Basically, she's a plot device.
>>
>>150273399

>>150273450
What you've said isn't that contradicting to mine. Only the bit about when Ryo-tas met Gamo's dad, prior or after his dead. Anyway, the bit about Gamotan's dad contacting professor is the one I haven't thought of, that's pretty neat. It would fit right in as the reason why professor found out and decided to go against the Society.
>>
Mybe Ryotas is related to the cult, or meet with Gamodad on a speech or something like that.

Maybe just through the radio
>>
>>150273760
Forgot about this >>150273399
I like the transition from the LN art to the anime. I don't really dig the LN aesthetic (Kiryu looks ikeman as hell though).
>>
>>150273849
>tfw ryotas is gamodad
>>
>>150273878
I say that in yesterday thread and someone insulted me, I'm happy that I'm nos alone this time, kek.
>>
File: life and death.jpg (30KB, 398x606px) Image search: [Google]
life and death.jpg
30KB, 398x606px
>>150273450
>She's in the boundary that separates the Living World from the Spirit Realm, a mediator.

Going from the color code from >>150273399

Ryo-tas is in fact partially in the darkness.
But the interesting bit is that Gamotan is in plain light.
>>
>>150273953
you should check the archive, all of this have been said.
>>
>>150273915
Not that guy but I was going to give you a pity pat to the back yesterday. Seem like no need for that now since you've found your guy.
>>
>>150248725
The show is aware that it's only single cour, but actually takes measures to work around that. It makes the absolute most of the limited time it has by cramming in as much of everything as possible. It doesn't want to end up as just another mediocre single cour show that finishes without everything being explained, without a proper ending, and without giving any sense of satisfaction. It wants to end up being a fulfilling thrill ride in the way only multi-cour shows normally are.
>>
>>150250901
I normally know enough Jap to get by with anime dialogue, but the speed and complexity of the dialogue in O;9 throws me off every few lines, and by the time I've mentally figured out what was being said, they've already moved onto a different topic. So I just gave up and downloaded the eps subbed.
>>
File: 1461366019483.png (18KB, 411x454px) Image search: [Google]
1461366019483.png
18KB, 411x454px
>>150274052
>>
>>150273760
Yeah, and the ray gun that is actually a handheld Tesla Coil is probably a gift to Ryo-tas from Gamotan's dad. Notice the two posses a Tesla invention.

That first meeting wasn't any coincidence. It was a given there was something going on from the insant Ryo-tas self-proclaimed herself Gamotan's 'minion'.
>>
>>150273953
>But the interesting bit is that Gamotan is in plain light.
Which is a hint he isn't actually dead like the others.
>>
>>150273915
Of course they insulted you. It's what you get for making idiotic statements.
>>
>>150251992
>if the studio needed more episodes they would have done that
That's not how money works you retard. If the studio isn't given enough funding to make a longer show, they have no choice but to just make a shorter one. They can't just magic up the budget to make the show longer. It's all to do with how much the execs at the top are willing to invest in the project. If they decide that the show doesn't have enough market appeal to warrent them investing a budget for a large number of episodes into it, they're gonna invest a budget for a lower number of episodes and the studio is going to have to work with that.
But yes, as you said, although Aniplex only invested enough into O;9 for it to be 12 episodes, Chiyomaru is working wonderfully with that limit.
>>
>>150274582
Yeah, Tatas' tatas are actually soul gems, one carry her soul, the other Gamotan's
>>
>>150274244
Couldn't have said it better. Props to you.
>>
>>150274667
Hey, he was just joking. I can understand the sentiment since he was replying to a serious post but that was pretty rude and uncalled for regardless.
Well, it's /a/ but still.
>>
>>150274680
Actually, that entire scene like everything in the ED is figurative while at the same time it conceals future event spoilers.
>>
>>150274779
I wouldn't have insulted him, but he should know better how certain people react to joke comments. Yes, this is /a/ afterall, but it could be worse, it could be MAL.
>>
>>150274582
But Kiryuu is supposed to be alive...

If that is telling us that Gamo is alive, then it's also telling us that Kiryuu is dead.
>>
>>150274671
And people are still are going to ask why he crammed so much in the first episode. Jeez...
>>
>>150274875
Kiryu is only there because he's Astral Projection like the other 6. We just haven't seen him use his physical body, that's all there's to it.

But the truth is none of them are actually dead for real. Them being in the dark refers to their current status as magnetic astral bodies.
>>
>>150274971
If this is the right interpretation of light and darkness then the message would not be that Gamotan is alive, but that Gamotan isn't an astral projection.

But that doesn't make sense. I mean he clearly doesn't have a shadow.
>>
>>150275072
No, that's incorrect. Gamotan being in the light means his status is different from the other 7. We are probably going to find out why and how very soon.
>>
>>150274971
Maybe Gamotan never was alive to begin with. Spoooooky
>>
File: Sin título.png (549KB, 1363x733px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
549KB, 1363x733px
Yeah, I don't even have any need to look at Gamotan's face to tell what's going on in this preview pic. Begin the drama.
>>
>>150275072
Nice observation, I was looking for a direct clue against that ED's hint to shot down the hypothesis "Gamotan is still alive" but somehow that completely flew past my head.
He's an astral projection but different from the others. How much different though, aside from the circumstance of his death and the reason why Asuna can't read him, we can't really speculate anything concrete but find out on the upcoming episodes.
>>
>>150275291
I'm going to guess that gamotan being part of the experiment was planned by his father, and in some way gamotan had another or an extra preparation by his father, so he will not be like the others.
>>
>>150275291
>aside from the circumstance of his death
Devil "killed" him.
>>
>>150275429
An extra body is a crazy scientific feat... well, science in this show is borderline magic but I somehow doubt that's the case. Maybe him being shot by Poya gun everyday is an important? That gun is Tesla's gun after all. Maybe everyday the scandium inside him is excited by the Poya gun? Rendering the mind control of Society useless on him? That's why he's special?
What the fuck could I be onto something here?
>>150275454
I was implying that though?
>>
>>150275581
>An extra body
I don't think so

>Poya gun
Maybe, she hasn't shot Gamon since he is astral, if I'm not wrong.
>>
>>150275677
One anon in last thread told me that getting shot by that gun in Astral gun could be fatal.
>>
>>150275581
You're not that far when you say the Tesla gun had something to do with the mind control not working on Gamotan. I remember when he answered the phone call and didn't react like the others.

I can't wait for him to find out who Zonko actually is, and all that she did for him.
>>
>>150275722
*Astral form
I might need a sleep.
>>
>>150275677
He shot him one time. Nothing happened.
>>
>>150275792
I meant she shot him once after the incident, with no results other than it tickled him like usual.
>>
>>150275827
Which episode? I can't remember.
>>
>>150275903
Episode 4. She shot him and nothing happened to his magnetic body. Probably a proof his current condition is different from the other 7, including Kiryu.
>>
>>150260223
Wasn't the mascot of R;N that Sphinx thing? R:N had too much going on with its marketing. It had too much going on in general.
>>
>>150264448
My first thought too.
>>
>>150276149
tag: confused sex
When? Oh wait, we already have doujinshi with that sort of thing already, didn't we?
>>
>>150241833
This will open a lot of doors for doujin
>>
>>150242949
no scandium is real but they are also going to mind jack the rich.
>But what about the synchronization thing?
the dead exist outside of real time but bad guys are using some way to sync the 2 worlds. with thinking that if you can touch, be seen,etc there is no real difference between being alive or dead
>matryoshka
basically usually soul needs a body but they are pushing for a world were soul can live without containment
>>
File: 1480200840799.jpg (3MB, 6400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1480200840799.jpg
3MB, 6400x3600px
>>
File: 59964235.webm (262KB, 650x468px) Image search: [Google]
59964235.webm
262KB, 650x468px
>>
So how long till faggot bar owner Izumi reveals his true colors?
>>
>>150276652
How much value do you put in visual direction?
>>
>>150278233
You mean, when he'll finally reveal that he likes dicks?
>>
can the ghosts be killed? What if the call from chi is the white haired kid trying to myu in to stuff her into a box again?
>>
>>150279189
can the ghosts be killed?

If their magnetic field is disrupted I suppose they would be destroyed. Also if they get desynchronized they'd be effectively not any different from the dead.
>>
>>150279029
Jokes aside. At this point is obvious that seemingly harmless tranny is going to end up being the Final Boss.
>>
>>150279512
I'm not sure about "final boss", but he's probably another Tennouji.
>>
>>150279625
There's also the Emperor, but judging from the preview he seems to have his days numbered.
>>
MIND HACK!
>>
>>150280482
Are their motives complex enough?
>>
>>150282238
World domination and inmortality isn't complex enough?
>>
>>150272467
I doubt O;9 is popular enough to spawn quick cash grabs like S;G.
>>
>this isn't a 2 cour
upset
>>
>>150276073
Yeah, but that sphinx thing was less prominent, not to mention it didn't have any involvement with the story.
Somehow they put it as a RINE sticker in S;G0.
>>
I really want to see how they'll wrap this up in 4 episodes.

We're 3/4ths through and this feels like a halfway point honestly.
>>
>>150282912
>I really want to see how they'll wrap this up in 4 episodes.
Really badly.
>>
>>150282376
not sure, does their plan include avoiding a terrorist attack by killing 1 billon of people?
>>
>>150272109
>Emperor in Horriblesubs subs
What's the Jap name and how else can it be translated? I love sort of alternative interpretations of names like these.
>>
>>150278346
Don't bring that cancer up here. Just appreciate and celebrate shows which speak to you aesthetically without involving that massive, pseudo-intellectual studio wars circlejerk. Those threads are actually the worst thing on /a/ right now.
>>
>>150276073
Well then O;N's mascots could also be considered Aria's dolls. It has "too much going on" in general too.
>>
>>150273388
>Girls in the bottom
>Guys above them
>except Sumikaze
>>
>>150283019
>killing 1 billon of people
It was 6 billion. Don't lessen her crime.
>>
>>150283770
Oops, my bad.
>>
>>150283710
O;9 has excuses. It's unpopular, ambitiously designed, 1 cour, only has half source material and has to deal with that. R;N had no excuse, it was just poorly made.
>>
File: screaming internally.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
screaming internally.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>150283880
>tfw you're the only one you know who actually enjoyed R;N
>>
>>150283759
>upper row investigate/know shit
>bottom row useless/lazy
>>
>>150284166
I liked R;N even though the focus is all over the place and it has one unforgivable asspull.
>>
>>150284203
Swap the edgelord with Miyu and you're one hundred percent correct. At least she was interested in the mystery and tried to figure out the deal with her BFF, which puts her ahead of the others on the lower row.
>>
>>150284166
While I think it's not that good I still enjoyed Time for Robots.
>>
>>150284358
Can anyone explain this HAHA TIME FOR ROBOTS meme? I didn't watch R;N during its airing.
>>
I think one of Chiyomaru's staples which gets mentioned too little is how he likes to have a clear divide between main characters and less main characters, and to give the main characters a specific lable to identify them as such.
Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child each have their 7 main Di-Sword wielders.
Steins;Gate has the 8 Future Gadget Lab members.
Robotics;Notes has the 5 Robotics Club members.
Occultic;Nine has the occultic 9.
>>
File: The Beginning.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Beginning.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
>>150284498
There's one silly looking frame of the MC walking goofily through a door, so people cropped him and placed him into other pics with the caption HAHA TIME FOR ROBOTS.
>>
>>150284304
Kiryu?

Miyu really did nothing to help in the end, and now is just a ball of feels.

Kiryu in the other hand, he has seen some shit, even where Izumi goes.
>>
>>150283880
R;N wasn't poorly made. I was playing devil's advocate too, I don't think O;9 has too much going on either, but I do think they have similar amounts.

I don't think O;9 has "excuses" over R;N either. A lot of what you said to apply to it too. R;N's popularity hadn't been defined yet and had to deal with living up to S;G while being in its shadow. O;9 "only has half the source material" but the R;N anime was developed alongside the visual novel and aired a few months later. They didn't have the final version of the script for it when they started either. That IS one of the sources of its problems that we are aware of. As for O;9 being 1 cour, it's source material is considerably shorter. Published or not, it's 4 LNs long, and a single cour is actually completely reasonable for source material of that length. R;N's source material was much, much bigger. It's a 50+ hour VN and it had to deal with being in the noitaminA block, which at the time forced its episode count to be only 22. Having 24-26 episodes instead could've made a world of difference.

That said I don't think there's reason to go around finding excuses for their faults. I think they're both wonderful shows.
>>
File: 1358491217783.jpg (254KB, 1600x2050px) Image search: [Google]
1358491217783.jpg
254KB, 1600x2050px
>>150284166
I liked it a lot more than Steins;Gate and enjoyed the hell out of the threads.
>>
>>150284638
He's been pretty useless, though. At least Miyu was somewhat proactive before she found out her friend got the Se7en treatment. After his introduction, Kiryu hasn't really advanced the plot all that much more than she has. I feel like his and Bro-con's detachment to the cast is the most pronounced. Even Doujinka has somewhat enlightening conversations with people.
>>
>>150284509
Nae was a main heroine in R;N and not part of the club.

The "occultic 9" is something you made up entirely. It's not once mentioned in the show. All things considered, Asuna raises the number of main characters to 10 and leads us to question who the titular nine really are.
>>
>>150285036
>leads us to question who the titular nine really are
I'm going to guess they're the nine people pictured in the headshots in the OP.
>>
>>150285211
Sure would be nice if things were as obvious as that. They put Asuna in the main visual for the show and in the first section of the OP too for a reason. Not to mention half of the ED centering around her.
>>
>>150285036
No, the occultic 9 are the 9 people involved with the occult who are lined up heavily in the marketing. See >>150273388 and >>150273399
>>
File: occulticninevisual.jpg (147KB, 646x912px) Image search: [Google]
occulticninevisual.jpg
147KB, 646x912px
>>150285374
All of that is outdated material from before they even revealed Asuna's existence.

As soon as she was announced they released the final main visual for the show with her in the front.
>>
>>150285341
This thing shows up more often than her in the OP. Show we be considering it for a position in the Occultic Nine, too?
>>
>>150285587
That's just Aria's doll.
>>
>>150285623
Sure would be nice if things were as obvious as that.
>>
>>150285658
Guess you have no explanation for Asuna then.
>>
>>150285522
That first picture isn't outdated it's from the official website plus Asuna doesn't have a unique skin for the site like the others do.
>>
>>150285782
Do you have an explanation for this animate doll that features so prominently?
>>
>>150283880
>O;9 is unpopular
Why though
>>
>>150286028
the early episodes were terrible
>>
>>150285993
Yes, I do, it's one of Aria's dolls. If it'll actually have more meaning than that is something we have yet to see.

Meanwhile Asuna is a character we've been introduced to that shares space in the main visual with the other nine, takes up half the ED to herself, has had as much focus as the other nine since she was introduced, practically took over the manga when she was introduced. To deny that she's a main character is simply stupid.
>>
>>150286224
>To deny that she's a main character is simply stupid.
Why would I deny that? She's just not part of the titular Occultic Nine.
>>
>>150286321
This started with the claim that she's a "less" main character because supposedly she isn't part of the 9, when all things point to her being as important as them, she was only introduced later.

There's nothing preventing a twist where she was actually one of the nine and we'd been tricked to believe one who isn't is.
>>
>>150286028
The show has:

>eccentric, unrelatable characters
>a non-linear story which requires the viewer's full attention to understand
>an actually good mystery which doesn't blow its load early on and keeps the viewer in the dark
>visual direction that actually tries to be more than static shots of characters flapping their mouths
>tits

All these things are very prone to putting casual viewers off. And the majority of viewers are casual.
>>
>>150286442
>here's nothing preventing a twist where she was actually one of the nine and we'd been tricked to believe one who isn't is.
I mean, I think you're really pushing for something that's unlikely seeing as how everything's pretty much established the titled nine, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
File: again what.png (57KB, 234x366px) Image search: [Google]
again what.png
57KB, 234x366px
>>150286517
>tits
>prone to putting casual viewers off
>>
>>150286570
Have you stepped outside of /a/ in the last 10 years? This is the opinion on the mainstream anime audience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSumcgHOyDU
>>
>>150286517
Weren't most of those elements in Steins;Gate? Besides the tits
>>
>>150286659
>Youtube reviewers
Did you take ANN seriously too when they said Sword Art Online is the smartest show in a good while?
>>
>>150286659
Haven't watched this, but I was thinking of Japan, not the western world. The abundance of harem comedies wouldn't make sense if they didn't care about boobs over there.
>>
>>150286769
Didn't Kotaku said that?
>>
>>150286659
>Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head had different writers
>Occultic;Nine was written by the same person as Steins
topkek
>>
>>150286722
Some of them were, but not to anywhere near the same degree, and the dub script (which most casual viewers will be hearing) completely got rid of one of them. It makes the characters way less eccentric and way more relatable. Okabe goes from a chuuni nutcase who references abstract scientific concepts and ancient mythology to a posh nerd who references Dr Who and Star Trek. Beyond that, it's story is completely linear and easy to follow, and while it does have an equally good and lasting mystery, it focuses nowhere near as much on it as O;9 does. And although it's visual direction is distinct from most anime, that's because it's way closer that of an American or British TV program which casual viewers are way more acquainted with. It reminds of the style of Edgar Wright. Not that that's a bad thing, I love it, but again it attracts casual viewers.

>>150286769
No, of course I don't take it seriously but the mainstream anime crowd do. Which is why they dislike O;9. Which was my point.

>>150286871
The difference being that harem comedies are exactly that; comedies. They get away with massive honkers because people accept them as part of the humour. As Arkada (the quinticential casual anime reviewer himself) explains there, when a show is like O;9 and wants you to take it seriously, a lot of people can't get past the superficial disconnect the massive boobs create with the serious atmoshere. When it's in a harem comedy, they can think "haha it's only doing it ironically for comedy", but when it's in a serious show like O;9 their shallow mindset instantly makes them think of it, and by extension the whole show, as tasteless fanservice garbage.
>>
>>150287298
>They get away with massive honkers because people accept them as part of the humour.
I think the reason they get away with the massive honkers is because their audience loves massive honkers. It's not much more complicated than that.
>>
>>150286659
>3 factually wrong statements in the first 2 minutes
>>
>>150287491
But... it is more complicated than that. Everyone I've seen talk about the show outside of /a/, and even some inside /a/, have complained about the massive tits "ruining their immersion" or being "distracting fanservice" because O;9 is meant to be a serious mystery show. People at large are put off by ridiciculously big boobs in serious stories.
>>
I'm on episode 4, and I'm already incredibly bored and disinterested. The only thing I kind of care about is the key and Zonko, but it looks like they want to try and have Durarara and Bleach's abortion.

Should I hang in there? I'm unbelievably tempted to drop it.
>>
>>150288835
Don't ask other people to tell you how you feel. Do what you want.
>>
>>150288835
>caring about the key
how do you live your life?
>>
File: Are you serious.jpg (7KB, 150x180px) Image search: [Google]
Are you serious.jpg
7KB, 150x180px
>>150288871
Should I not ask a community I'm part of and share many opinions with their opinion on whether the show I'm watching has a bad start? Is that not common sense?

>>150288937
I have an autistic key fixation.
>>
>>150288996
>I have an autistic key fixation.
maybe seek to satisfy this predilection in other areas of your life.
i literally have a box of keys that open nothing. you know they can just make keys at the hardware store, right?
>>
>>150289195
>you know they can just make keys at the hardware store, right?
Blank and 'empty' keys don't interest me. I only care about keys that actually belong to someone/something. Each key symbolizes the item they open, whether it's a drawer, a house, a vault, or a diary. Blank keys that don't open anything are a waste, in my opinion.

I'm going to assume that your fixation on my interest in this part of the plot means that the key doesn't open anything interesting, right?
>>
>>150288996
Just ask yourself how many times you've watched 33% of a show, felt "incredibly bored and disinterested," finished the show anyways, and wound up thinking it was the right decision.
Other people's opinions don't matter.
>>
>>150288835
Drop it.
>>
>next episode is named after a Can song

Rad.
>>
I found the idea of rational mad-scientist megalomaniacs disguising themselves as the heads of a crazy cult was brilliant.
If anything because the opposite is so damn common in stories about the occult. It's normally the superstitious people sticking it up to those snobbish scientists with their "skepticism" and "empiricism" and "rational and methodical approach that actually wields consistent results", while the actual scientific approach can actually be summarized in a line said in this very show with the meaning that science studies and models everything in this world, and as such if the occult exists, science will adapt to model it and try to predict and analyze it.
It's so damn refreshing to be watching something where we are introduced to a fantastic premise and a bunch of scientist have studied, modeled and manipulated it in order to accomplish things building on that knowledge.
>>
>>150289425
>felt "incredibly bored and disinterested," finished the show anyways, and wound up thinking it was the right decision.

I've done that several times, actually. One was Stein's Gate. I also would not have finished watching Stranger Things had it not been for a like minded friend telling me to go on for one more episode.

There have also been times where I've watched a show expecting it to get better or to stop building up the plot and get to the meat of the show, but it wound up disappointing me on ever level, such as Durarara.

>Other people's opinions don't matter.
Like I said, I'm asking other people whom I generally share opinions with whether or not the show gets better or not. Ultimately I'll make up my own mind regardless, but not having others input, and saying shit like other people's opinions don't matter? Why do you even come online then?

>>150289479
You don't have to tell me twice, buddy.
>>
>>150273878
>gamodad
>not gamomom
>>
>>150289531
>You don't have to tell me twice, buddy.
Wow, rude. That was my first reply to you, buddy.

Internet is a really mean place.
>>
File: Wiggle Wiggle.gif (86KB, 596x372px) Image search: [Google]
Wiggle Wiggle.gif
86KB, 596x372px
>>150289688
I actually meant that in a "I totally agree with that" way, not a snarky way. Sorry, Anon.
>>
>>150289531
>I'm asking other people whom I generally share opinions with whether or not the show gets better or not.
We're anonymous, you don't know the taste of anyone who tells you to drop or not to drop something.
>and saying shit like other people's opinions don't matter? Why do you even come online then?
To talk about things other than "should I watch X" or "should I drop Y"
>>
>>150289530
If anything because it makes sense.
If there is shady shit no one else can explain but you, it's much better to disguise yourself as your exact opposite.
Fucking around with auras, ghosts and other such bullshit? Make yourselves out to be a cult, no one is going to suspect you are actually a room full of brilliant scientists who found out a way to enable the mind to persevere after death.
>>
>>150289737
No problem, anon. You asked, so I answered.

Anyway, if you don't like the show after episode 4, I think you should just drop it because so far, it doesn't (and probably won't) change its style.
>>
>>150289763
>We're anonymous, you don't know the taste of anyone who tells you to drop or not to drop something.
The fact that I'm even here says a lot about my personal tastes matching up with the tastes of the majority of the board. If I disagreed with the general consensus of /a/ by over 50%, then I wouldn't even show up to /a/, I would just go somewhere else with better taste. Individually, sure, there's going to be mishmash, and I don't always agree with the general consensus, but when I look at /a/'s recommended list as opposed to, say, reddit's list, and I think the former is pretty good and the latter is formed from the opinion of chuunis, then yeah, I can safely say that our tastes will probably be the same.
>To talk about things other than "should I watch X" or "should I drop Y"
Which are formed of opinions and critical analysis of the show, what elements work and don't work. My favorite part of 4chan in general is that most people who come here have half-decent critical analysis skills. I've read more informative reviews of video games on /v/ than from anywhere else, and the same goes for anime and /a/ and TRPGs and /tg/. Even though I have a strong dislike for the style of the show, if a passionate fan were to come in here and start listing things about the show that will make sense as it goes on, or elements of it that get better and why, then yeah, I'll listen and I probably wouldn't regret it.

There's nothing wrong with "Should I watch/drop this show?" as long as you don't get caught up in arguments with pissy fans who only want an echo cha-...oh...

>>150289835
Knowing that, I probably won't go further then. Thanks helpful anon.
>>
>>150287298
I think the biggest problem come from how Japanese and moral Westerners view on boobs in their anime. Japan can shrug that disconnection off because they're all too familiar with it but most Westerner can't and don't want to either.
Then again, her big honkers only shoved in our faces in comedic moments so I don't think it's that bad.
>>
>>150287593
>Serious mystery show
>In this episode, Gamon literally interrupts Asuna and asks her to use the trendy name he gave to the incident in his blog, as if the damn thing matters now that he knows he is dead
It's kinda bullshit not to expect zany comedic design elements amidst serious moments treated with a straight face throughout the whole thing when even the cast of Stein's Gate had excentric/weird people in the middle of serious scenes and it wasn't a problem at all ever.
If people are easily distracted by tits to the point they can't keep up with the extremely interesting stuff being delivered, I say they deserve to be left behind
>>
>>150288835
>Bleach
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1476545726201.jpg (46KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476545726201.jpg
46KB, 1200x675px
Doujin titty lady a best. Her voice is so relaxing.
>>
I want to molest this flat-chested FBI agent.
>>
>>150290936
Pretty much everyone on the show is molestable desu specially SS
>>
>>150290705
Hey, journalism pride is serious business.
>>
>>150290710
central cast being dead = Bleach
remember it's nearly 2017, no one is even remotely trying to think things through anymore
>>
>>150291381
>central cast being dead = Bleach
Really? Are you serious right now?
Having dead main characters is enough to warrant a bleach comparison to you?
Because I had a similar reaction to >>150290710 originally, but I gave >>150288835 the benefit of the doubt and thought they were referring to the awkward way bleach dumps exposition in huge chunks, although I'd point out that O;9 is more excusable in that it disguises the scenes a bit at least: Gamon is explaining his findings to Sarai, or Sarai explaining shit the others don't know but he does because of his scientific background or evil dude making a presentation, it's never as dry and out of nowhere as the bullshit bleach pulled
What, was the Durarara part about both shows focusing on more than one main character?
>>
>>150291758
you really needed to read my post a few more times before you typed all that out
>>
Calling it now, the masked stalker is definitely gamodad
>>
I still can't hear Sawashiro Miyuki in the imouto-san.
>>
>>150293358
Shit I never noticed but now that you mention it I can kind of hear her.
>>
>>150293358
Really? I can hear her clearly.

I still can't hear Ayaneru in Zonko though.
>>
>>150293358
Try listening to her incest induced rage scene, it's definitely her
>>
>>150293358
Holy shit was it really Sawashiro? Fuck.
>>
>>150291929
But he did think through, is your brain working?
>>
>>150293462
Oh shit, finally. Thank you Anonymous.

On that note, I wonder who voiced imouto-san's first customer. Kinda sounded like Marina Inoue to me, but I only really know her from SZS and Monogatari.
>>
>>150242949
>So basically, their goal is to get the rich people to inject themselves with scandium with the guise of "eternal life" in order to mindhack them
I think it's the other way around - the mindhaccs are just to secure ez funding
>>
>>150293550
Not that anon, but the >>150291381 anon was being sarcastic. Read it really carefully this time.
>>
>>150293681
>remember it's nearly 2017, no one is even remotely trying to think things through anymore
This could be either a sarcastic insult directing at the guy asking the question or a sarcastic remark in defense for his poor comparisons. It's completely understandable that that guy misunderstood him and type out this >>150291758
>>
>>150258018
I want to see Ryotas's Ryotases interact with Hajime's Hajimes
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>150293358
You never watched Rozen maiden?
>>
>>150293358
I wish Sawashiro wasn't typecasted to onee-san characters.
>>
>>150295803
Sawashiro is for tomboys.
>>
File: Dalian.jpg (121KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Dalian.jpg
121KB, 600x338px
>>150295755
Or Dantalian no Shoka?

Oh wait, nobody watched that.

Dalian top cute
>>
>>150296150
A lot of /a/ did, I did but I never know that was Sawashiro.
>>
Would bully myu-pom tbqh
>>
>>150293269
You are one or two days late man.
>>
Been away from /a/ for a while and just caught up to the show. What's the general consensus? I mean obviously this is AOTS right?
>>
>>150297994
More like AOTY. On top of being the original writer, Chiyomaru also gets to decide the content for each episode.
>>
>>150297994
It's my AOTS for sure, AOTY is questionable based on what happens in these last few episodes. It's a shame that so many people dropped it after episode 1. You'd think that people would give it a chance in a season that isn't particularly strong like this.
>>
>>150297994
AOTS

I like how EP1 was setup to condense 2-3 episodes worth of introductions to 9 characters
>>
>>150298209
Nah, if anything episode 1 was a good retard filter.
>>
>>150298259
Considering the general lack of shitposting and nonsense in these threads you're probably right.
>>
>>150298209
I have to admit, those massive titties almost made me drop the show too. Glad I stuck with it.

Still hate it everytime they come on screen though
>>
>>150298298
Flat is justice but I don't really care when ultra-c appears on screen
>>
>>150298298
If only you realized why they are that big. Though I don't blame you since not everyone here studied scientific concepts.
>>
>>150298359
are you trying to tell me that she has breast cancer and only has a couple of months to live so that's why she can see dead people?
>>
>>150298387
No silly.

It's a medical condition known as Juvenile Macromastia.
>>
>>150298298
It was a deconstruction of oppai
>>
File: 1480180430003.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480180430003.webm
1MB, 960x540px
What does it mean?
>>
>>150298411
And the reason she can see "dead" people is because Ryo-tas is a Psychic Medium.
>>
>>150298411
Pretty sure casual hates it not because it was unreal, but because the show shove it up the screen directly at the audience's face.

It only happens in the first episode anyway but they're idiots.
>>
>>150298440
No, Asuna is a decontrusction of oppai.
>>
>>150298487
Poor Myu-pom has been bullied to the point of PTSD.
>>
>>150298487
Chi-chan was too cute she had to die for the sake of this world
>>
>>150298518
They sure are. No girl can feel confortable having breasts that big. You just need to look at Ryo-tas back and you'll notice she wears a force belt for back pain.

There are only 4 episodes left and I know her backstory is coming. They saved the best for last.
>>
>>150298534
There's nothing to deconstruct on her.
>>
>>150298605
People who watched this are mostly men.
>>
>>150299283
Those who enjoy it or don't allow themselves to let that bother them are good. Now, to those who keep complaining I would suggest them to do some research about that medical condition.
>>
>>150293835
"You know whatities" I.T, 2007
>>
>>150293681
>>150293793
Yep, definitely is way too sour to look remotely like sarcasm. Don't use a hammer for a job that needs a screwdriver
>>
File: maria_holic_ep1_06.png (287KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
maria_holic_ep1_06.png
287KB, 848x480px
>>150293358
>>150295755
>>150296150
GOD.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that the cage Ryo-tas is trapped inside in the ED is actually a Faraday Cage?
>>
>>150298605
>her backstory
Heh.
>>
>>150300378
Did I say something funny?
>>
>>150293681
>>150293793
>>150299964
Now this is some grade-A autism
>>
>>150300371
People mentioned about that, but I do not know much about the faraday cage
>>
>>150300439
>back-story
>>
>>150300494
Oh, I see. Kek
>>
Chi-chan is the emperor, screencap this.
>>
>>150300487
>A Faraday cage or Faraday shield is an enclosure used to block electric fields. It is formed by conductive material or by a mesh of such materials
>A Faraday cage operates because an external electrical field causes the electric charges within the cage's conducting material to be distributed such that they cancel the field's effect in the cage's interior. This phenomenon is used to protect sensitive electronic equipment from external radio frequency interference (RFI).
>Faraday cages are also used to enclose devices that produce RFI, such as radio transmitters, to prevent their radio waves from interfering with other nearby equipment
>>
>>150300487
Basically, a Faraday Cage is an enclosure that is used to block electric fields. Reception or transmission of radio waves is heavily attenuated or blocked, and electronic devices such as mobile phones won't work.

To put it in perspective, Ryo-tas in that picture is cut off of all communication with the outside.

However, there's also a misconception. Contrary to the description above, a Faraday Cage doesn't provide full blockage or attenuation. Depending on wave form, frequency or distance from receiver/transmitter, certain transmissions are likely to penetrate through the cage.
>>
>>150300705
>>150300772
Learned something new
>>
File: CuZ_AxiUEAA1Njx.jpg (95KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
CuZ_AxiUEAA1Njx.jpg
95KB, 595x842px
>>150300772
I'd penetrate her cage if you know what I mean.
>>
Is Gay braun the emperor?
>>
This show is fucking garbage.
>>
File: 60151456_p0.jpg (1MB, 1080x1134px) Image search: [Google]
60151456_p0.jpg
1MB, 1080x1134px
>>
>>150272631
>December
Pre-orders are not even up yet, we'll be lucky to get it before summer.
>>
>>150302099
Cute
>>
>dropped on ep5

Am I missing something?
>>
>>150242949
They idea is that they sell scandium for high price (which does seem to lead to people becoming ghosts), so they can rake in the cash, as true capitalists. As an added bonus, scandium also lets them mindhacc, so they can use this to influence more people to buy their drug or gain other forms of power. It's not too bad, as far as evil conspiracy theories go.
>>
>>150283409
御尊主
>>
>>150303144
Divine owner
or
Royal Lord
>>
>>150301743
Nice bait.
>>
>>150302480
Too complex for you.
>>
>>150303403
>Divine owner
Too literal
>>
>>150293591
> Kinda sounded like Marina Inou
That would explain why her voice gave me a boner.
>>
>>150296150
I'm still waiting for a 2nd Season.
>>
>>150302099
>smug shota
cute
>>
File: 203801146.png (498KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
203801146.png
498KB, 1280x720px
So if the Gaia theory is now thrown out of the window then what -is- the wheel that keeps on appearing during flashback scenes? Is it the device that keeps ghosts synchronized to the absolute time? But even if so why does apparently everyone have unconscious memories of it?
>>
File: Occultic;Nine 8.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Occultic;Nine 8.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>
How do we save the flopping popularity of O;N /a/?
>>
>>150310481
We slow it down
Alternatively commission artists to draw fanart of it or use O;N reaction pics everywhere
>>
>>150310986
I wish we can just call everyone a retard then call it a day.
Talking of fanarts, it's really sad most of the fanart we got is Ryo-tas when this show has plenty of waifu material.
>>
File: (1).png (3MB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
(1).png
3MB, 1120x1600px
>>150310481
>>150310986
Good idea, we have to meme-boot it in people's memory like we did with Robotics;Nine. It's time for ghosts guys
>>
>>150252017
>djt
Are they really gone forever?
>>
>>150311163
It's funny, if I remember correctly we got more people following R;N than O;N back then.
Ain't that a despairing thing?
>>
File: Funny.png (52KB, 151x261px) Image search: [Google]
Funny.png
52KB, 151x261px
>>150311469
Back then we had less people shitting on everything they see, no Dickybro, the hive-mind wasn't as powerful, S;G memories were still fresh and R;N had a better marketing campaign.

Yeah, thinking about it is pretty despair-inducing.
>>
>>150311651
>no Dickybro
But Digi loves S;G and liked R;N. How is he anyway relevant to O;9's unpopularity?
>>
>>150311651
>better marketing campaign
I've completely forgot about that. I remember hoping R;N to be the next big and successful SciADV and hyping for it months before the show. The OP and ED of the VN were damn good too.
Man, what a disappointment it was, maybe it was my fault for setting the bar too high but back then I couldn't see a concrete direction as to where the show is going, much less being invested in it. For example I thought the thing about childhood friend's mom is going to be super relevant but then it just never get mentioned again.
>>
>>150311697
Someone told me he said that the anime was a pile of shit using the ">muh LN was better" (though he hasn't read it) argument, but it seems like that person confused him with another youtuber. Please ignore that statement, I apologize.
>>150311818
Yeah, I also was really hyped for R;N, but then they forgot to add every important plot point and it ended up as an average mess sadly, which means we'll probably never get Robotics;Nine Elite. What a sad wordline.
>>
>>150312145
I'm planning on taking a cruise to all of the popular anime "reviewers" youtube channel to see what they have to say about O;N to see the general consensus of normalfags about this show. Maybe I'll learn of a legit complaints or two, else I would like just to bash their fucking heads off and rip their criticisms apart.
>>
>>150310481
Just wait until it's over. If it ends well, all you have to do is say so. The same thing happened with Tatami Galaxy, it had a small fanbase and lots of complaints about pacing until its killer ending.
>>
>>150312390
I just hope it end satisfyingly. One problem I can already see is the ending of O;N won't probably have a meaningful message like Tatami Galaxy so it would be hard for it to be a killer ending if people aren't that invested in the mystery in the first place.
>>
Okay guys; so the plan will be to meme the shit out of the next episodes but not in a manner that might hinder the view people have of the anime.
We have to make a Roboto out of Oc9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64
>>
>>150312525
Don't need a message to have a powerful ending. Look at Geass.
>>
File: really15.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
really15.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>150313130
Oh yeah, there's that too. I wonder what kind of ending would be the best for O;N? What elements does an ending need to make it satisfying like Geass? Thematically fitting? Wrapping up everything perfectly?
>>
>>150313292
all of them are going to get desync except for Gamotan, Ryo-tas and FBI-chan

I'm calling it now
>>
>>150312525
>>150313130
The previous SciADVs and Code Geass both hasve powerful messages in their endings. They're just not super relatable to every day life and obvious like Tatami's is.
>>
>>150312525
What is the meaningful message in Tatami Galaxy's ending other than "in order to be happy, you must become everything you hate"?
>>
>>150312525
Oh, trust me, the ending is going to be killer. They know well where this story is heading, and proof of that is the ED which has a lot of endgame foreshadowing.
>>
>>150313418
Nope, everyone is going to make it. Only the 7 out of the 256 that are "ghosts" now + Kiryu, though.
>>
>>150313443
I mean, yeah, every works always have some sort of message when you get to the most basic but at that point you might as well as not mentioning it. Being relatable is a pretty big deal for a message.
>>150313493
I seriously hope you don't think that's what the show want to convey to you.
>>
>>150313493
What the hell, man. That's not it.
>>
>>150313717
>I seriously hope you don't think that's what the show want to convey to you.

He did hate Ozu, and at the end, as he sorted his life, he did became Ozu-like.

I can't interpret other way.
>>
>>150309572
Anyone have the webm ones?
>>
>>150313822
Ozu wasn't a complete asshole in Tatami Galaxy and neither MC did go full Ozu with all of his bad habits.
Thread posts: 472
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.