[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there been any show created in the last 6 years that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: 1359565925660.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1359565925660.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
Has there been any show created in the last 6 years that will eventually be considered as a classic?

It feels like we've stopped getting ones that try to build something that will stand the test of time and instead only aim to entertain you for a season and then let you move on to the next thing.
>>
File: 1469225577381.png (130KB, 329x628px) Image search: [Google]
1469225577381.png
130KB, 329x628px
re:zero
>>
>>150229819
Doesn't feel like it. Things that feel as though they could be are done poorly, or just as promo material for a light novel series.

Anime is too much effort for people to create anymore when they could just do some shitty half-assed CGI thing instead.
>>
I apologize for repeating the "TRIGGER IS SAVING LE ANIME" meme, but they're pretty much the only studio that puts out non-generic original work at this point. I'm hoping that LWA will take off and be an inspiration to other studios.
>>
one meme man
>>
>>150229923
Rezero is good but idk

I dont think the last few episodes really set a "classic" status

On that note are "classics" easier to come by with original animes or adaptions with new endings? Does that help give endings a definitive feel as opposed to being at the mercy of whatever the show was adapted from?
>>
>>150229923
>LN harem shit with bad animation
>classic

pffttt
>>
Not sure if it was released in the last 6 years, but paranoia agent will be a classic for sure. At least a cult one.
Also, monogatari series.
>>
Adding onto what >>150229966
said, I think Kill la Kill will stand the test of time for at least a decade. I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but it will be remembered by a large swath of /a/ and it was certainly unique. If "classic" only means "people will still be watching it years from now" then I definitely think KlK should be considered as such.
>>
>>150229819
Probably psycho pass, it's a series people will be talking about 20 years from now. Or was it Valvarave? Or 10 years?
>>
>>150233364
Paranoia Agent was made 12 years ago anon.
>>
IBO or any of the gundam shows, because people still talk about ZZ and Wing
>>
>>150233644
ZZ has good girls and not anime in it. Wing has Mobile Doll and pretty boys in it. I don't know about IBO, shotabait MC? Lots of Gundam shows are shotabait though.
>>
Shirobako is pretty good, and Shinsekai Yori is pretty unique, if flawed.
>>150233498
Psycho Pass sounds like a good candidate.

At the very least, we are getting some Ah My Goddess tier anime, anime that's already forgotten, but will be remembered in the future as "do you remember that shitty show people actually used to like"

But we may not be getting anything Lain tier.
>>150233644
Is being Gundam enough? Is Seed considered a classic?
>>
>>150229819
There are a lot of them, OP. It''s not like it's a very high standard in the first place. Aside from known 'deepfag' classics like Lain. Your usual anime classics are like Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, K-On, etc.

I myself would nominate Fafner S2.
>>
>>150233644

I've only watched 0079, Zeta, and IBO, but I really can't see IBO being something people remember it for besides being "that gundam show from 2015-2017"
>>
>>150233364
>paranoia agent will be a classic for sure. At least a cult one.
>implying anything by Satoshi Kon is "cult"
Paranoia Agent is already a classic and a must watch in its genre.
>>
the wind rises
>>
Mob Psycho 100
Panty and Stocking
Space Dandy
Tatami Galaxy
Ping Pong the Animation
One Punch Man
Hellsing Ultimate (most of the series was made in the last 6 years)
Part 1-2 and the first half of three of the jojo anime (everything took a hit after that and is worse then the manga)
Nichijou
Katanagatari
>>
>>150229819
Samurai Flamenco
>>
>>150233879
>K-On
>Classic
kek. No one ever brings up K-On in that context. It's just a meme show here on /a/.

I think you meant Lucky Star.
>>
>>150234025
The only reason it isn't considered a classic is that it's too relevant. In another five or ten years it'll be considered a classic
>>
>>150234025
They're both classics and important milestones in the cute girls doing cute things genre
>>
>>150229819
Shinsekai Yori, ping pong, space dandy
>>
>>150233994
only things on there I could see becoming "classics" would be Yuasa and maybe Dandy

>>150234025
K-On! will absolutely be remembered
>>
>>150233879
as much as I love Fafner, the original season was the laughing stock of /m/ for so long that I honestly can't imagine any anime community considering it a classic.
>>
Forehead
>>
>>150234166
Mob Psycho was pretty great, Panty and Stocking was fucking great with a few more meh episodes, OPM was pretty good and a really fun show with tons of interesting moments, Hellsing Ultimate is almost universally loved, jojo is debatable as the manga is as good if not better but its an enjoyable watch, katanagatari is a very entertaining classic with tons of memorable fights and characters, fucking great animation and art
>k-on>nichijou
>>
Redline (Takeshi Koike)
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (Hiroyuki Imaishi)
Inner Odyssey (Tatsuhiro Ariyoshi)
Tower (Sonomi Takada)
Gathering (Akiko Omi)
The Life of the Weed (Sonomi Takada)
Wandering Son (Ei Aoki)
Muybridge’s Strings (Koji Yamamura)
AND AND (Mirai Mizue)
MODERN (Mirai Mizue)
MODERN NO 2 (Mirai Mizue)
Tatamp (Mirai Mizue)
Her Ghost Friend (Saigo no Shudan)
Fukeika (Ayumu Arisaka)
Shinsekai Yori (Masashi Ishihama)
I am alone, walking on the straight road (Masanori Okamoto)
Flower and Steam (Eri Kawaguchi)
OPENIT. (Moe Koyano)
The Surface of the Earth (Sonomi Takada)
Over Her Curtain (Yumi Kawai)
Hyouka (Yasuhiro Takemoto)

Love Lab (Masahiko Ohta)
From a Stone (Tatsuhiro Ariyoshi)
USALULLABY (Asami Ike)
Wild Wild Ham (Eri Kawaguchi)
My Dear Flesh (Moe Koyano)
cubic centimeter (Tsumugi Harunari)
Crazy for it (Yutaro Kubo)
Kicking Rocks (Yutaro Kubo)
2 PM at the Glass House (Yumi Kawai)
Shashinkan (Takashi Nakamura)
The Wind Rises (Hayao Miyazaki)
Ongaku wa Tomatta (Saigo no Shudan)
My Milk Cup Cow (Yantong Zhu)
See ya Mr. Banno! (Yoko Yuki)
Mrs. KABAGOdZILLA (Moe Koyano)
GYRØ (MADOKA)
00:08 (Yutaro Kubo)
Lonesome Warrior (Manami Wakai)
Wonder (Mirai Mizue)
I’m here (Yukie Nakauchi)
Zdravstvuite! (Yoko Yuki)
Tepid Bath (Tsumugi Harunari)
>>
>>150234336
I think all save Nichijou are mediocre to bad, but my opinions aside being "very entertaining" with doesn't make a classic
>>
>>150234446
Ok whats lacking in mob psycho 100 and katanagatari? What puts them from like a 8.5 to something lower
>>
>>150234679
Not him but MP100 wasn't that good.
>>
>>150233532
shut up, no it wasnt. jesus christ, it was?
>>
>>150234397
TAMMY PLS
>>
>>150234679
I'm here to tell you you're wrong, not write you a review
>>
Shin Sekai Yori is absolutely a classic.
>>
>>150229819
Tatami Galaxy
Ping Pong
Space Dandy
Nichijou
Hyouka
K-On!!
Mob Psycho 100
Panty and Stocking
Saraiya Goyou
Shinsekai Yori
Uchouten Kazoku
Kyousou Giga
>>
>>150234945
anon's first try at having taste
>>
File: 1479337277530.png (239KB, 479x551px) Image search: [Google]
1479337277530.png
239KB, 479x551px
Madoka, psycho pass and OPM will probably be considered "classics"
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-24-21-26-37.png (1005KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-24-21-26-37.png
1005KB, 1080x1920px
>>150233532
Holy shit, he's right
>>
>>150235045
hopefully not
>>
>>150233818
Seed is generally considered to be one of the best Gundam shows, dude.

It's Seed Destiny that everyone hates.
>>
>>150234945
No.
>>
>>150235045
Madoka, yes.
Psycho-Pass and OPM, no.
>>
I dislike Steins;Gate, but many people would absolutely consider that a classic.
>>
Psycho-Pass
Gatchaman Crowds
There's definitely more but I'm not at my computer and I'm drawing a blank.
>>
>>150236239
many people would consider naruto and sword art online classic too, but that doesn't make it okay
>>
>>150236361
well this thread isn't about which animu is gud, it's about what will be considered a classic.
>>
>>150236463
classic; judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind
>>
Kill la Kill can stand the test of time

Not like it's great or anything, but it's fun as fuck
>>
>>150236361
i don't know anyone who would consider sao a classic
>>
>>150229966
It might not be generic but it's not good either.
>>
Madoka, and Steins gate.
possibly Psycho Pass S1 and Kill la Kill.
>>
>have heard of none of the animes in this thread

am i old?
>>
>>150238625

No. Rather, you are new.
>>
File: Tatami_Galaxy_cover.png (159KB, 300x432px) Image search: [Google]
Tatami_Galaxy_cover.png
159KB, 300x432px
Tatami Galaxy seems like it has been immortally enshrined in the 3x3 threads and for good reason. Granted, it falls just outside of 6 years ago, but I'd consider it a modern classic.
>>
ping pong

madoka
>>
It's telling that the Geidai student films are leagues better than 95% of stuff released in the past 5 years. And have views in the hundreds, thousands if they're lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwUBFuggz861PvFtHun1J9w
>>
>>150239095
What's it telling?
>>
>>150229819
Who the fuck cares about what the popular opinion of a series is twenty years from now? If it's good it's good, whether it's a classic is literally irrelevant.
>>
>>150239095
Are they animation study projects funded by the university?
>>
>>150239892
It tells us that he's a pretentious faggot, that's what. Probably follows anime twitterfags and post about how "anime is a visual medium, guys, so clearly you should only care about visuals! "
>>
>>150240570
Hey now, I like the cute girls and the pandering to my fetishes, but it's damn shame these aren't better known.
>>
>>150240570
>plotfags
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>150240289
This opinion is massively retarded, because if you can't point to something and say "this affected people's lives, and here is something else that changed people, and here's another thing" you can't figure out WHY people were struck so hard by it. If you can't look behind the curtain and see what moves people, you yourself can't make anything that moves people.
>>
Shin Sekai Yori for sure.
>>
Aren't you forgetting attack on titan
>>
>>150240809
>If you can't look behind the curtain and see what moves people, you yourself can't make anything that moves people.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Since when am I a creator or a marketer? Why do I even care whether something moves "people," those being a bunch of strangers? I only care whether I enjoy it.
>>
>>150229819
Tatami Galaxyand Ping Pong will be one
>inb4 hurr durr I dont understand its so pretentious that's why those are bad
>>
>>150234312
SEIZON SENRYAKU
>>
>>150241235
Do you never feel the urge to show someone something that really touched you, and say "here, watch this, this owns" and articulate why it's so good?
>>
Hyougemono to be QUITE honest.
>>
>>150241397
Nope. And even if I did, that would still be pretty much irrelevant to what I was saying, since it does precisely nothing to explain why I as a viewer should care whether there have been any "future classics" recently.
>>
File: 1474108775063.png (760KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1474108775063.png
760KB, 1280x1440px
>>150229819
Can Mushishi be counted since its 2nd season aired last 2014

Also adding Showa Genroku, The Eccentric Family, Bunny Drop, and 3gatsu
>>
>>150241445
if all you care about is consuming content like a vacuum then has the question of "why am I even doing this" never crossed your mind? If it's for intellectual curiosity then you'd think that'd make an even stronger case for the idea of recognizing something that resonates with a wide audience and seeing how that feeds back into the creative output of thousands of people who were inspired by it.
>>
Tatami Galaxy and Uchouten Kazoku are the only respectable ones
>>
>>150241519
> has the question of "why am I even doing this" never crossed your mind
I do it because I enjoy it. Not for "intellectual curiosity" - that's a pretty terrible reason to consume media - but simply because the content is good, as in entertaining. I mean, I know what kind of things I enjoy, and I could probably tell you what many certain works do that entertains me, so I guess that's sort of the reason "why" I'm consuming those specific things, but I certainly don't feel any need to examine the taste/mental processes that cause millions of people who aren't me to enjoy certain things and dislike others (which may or may not line up with my opinions).
>>
>>150233498
>psycho pass
>babby's first dystopia
>2 Gary Stus and 1 Mary Sue
>severe case of namedropping
Stop acting as if Minority Report didn't exist.
>>
>>150241850
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
>>150241807
Taste is subjective. It's always going to be subjective. That'll never change, and it should never change, because we're all different people with different goals and personalities.

That said, it's useful when reading media to hold something up as an important work for whatever reason -- I'm sure you have certain shows that you remember fondly, and would recommend enthusiastically if you knew someone was considering watching them, right? That'd constitute your personal pantheon of prime properties probably. You can foster a good relationship with someone, if you so choose, by identifying what draws you to something and recognizing that same characteristic in other people.

It's good for conversation, for finding common ground with other people, even for self-congratulatory idle thoughts of "man, I just remembered that one show. that sure was good. I loved that show." that pepper the moments of your day. It's all good.
>>
>>150240809
>If you can't look behind the curtain and see what moves people
You are deluding yourself into thinking you can understand what the masses think or will think over a period of time. If it was possible to do that, companies would be getting obscenely rich (and they'd put things out with no poor sales). Even though some industries have narrowed down the formula, it's never a guaranteed success, and they're usually just products for sale, not worthy of the 'classic' adjective.
The masses don't have a unified opinion, therefore it's impossible to infer the reasons, which is why judging a work by its popularity is retarded. There are shows on any anime db with top ratings that nobody in their right minds would call a classic.

You may ask what turns an artistic work into a classic. Production values and artistic merit are basic reasons, but originality is another important reason. Also, the message or the authorial intent (if evident or even present). A classic is something that influences not only casuals, but mostly creators and other hobbyists and connoisseurs. It shapes our way of interpreting both the world and other artistic works. A classic is something that sets a precedent. It's something that can be experienced time and again to obtain something new if possible. It's something that shapes your taste and lingers in your mind.
>>
>>150241882
You can stand down, reddit police. I've been in this shithole for 10 years.
Psycho Pass was unoriginal and mediocre. It's a rehash of many themes and concepts from many dystopias from different genres. I would go on to enlighten you exactly what it obvious influences were, but I'm not going to argue with a retard.
Sorry if I hurt your manchild sensibilities.
>>
Urobuchi and his works will definitely still be a thing in the future. It doesn't matter how controversial these kinds of people are in their time; the anime viewers of the future will recognize him as a major figure of our era and treat the anime he helped produce accordingly in context. Madoka will definitely end up as a required viewing.
>>
Dandy, ping pong, Tatami
>>
>>150242367
Judging by popularity alone is not what I was referring to. Something that truly inspires people to respond, culturally, is what defines it as classic. That response can be in critical dialogue, artistic dialogue, or just whatever discussion happens in the public square. Everything is relative. There are no truly original ideas but what really makes something stand out is a confident authorial voice and a palpable sense that you are going to show someone something they've never seen before.

All things being relative, of course.
>>
>>150229988
Fucking lold
>>
>>150242795
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said in the 2nd paragraph.

Some people don't really care about explaining why they like stuff though, and it's okay. Nü /a/ thinks every unironical honest opinion should go to your blog, reddit or MAL anyway.
It's just Chinese cartoons you should watch purely for entertainment, memes and faps amirite xD.
>>
>>150229819
Re Zero, the Evangelion of this decade
>>
>>150229819
Flying Witch
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.