[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it. Is this show trying to make the viewer sympathize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Shiki.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
I don't get it. Is this show trying to make the viewer sympathize with a bunch of undead sociopaths and show that villagers are somehow in the wrong?
>>
File: shiki sunako and seishin.jpg (442KB, 1500x1361px) Image search: [Google]
shiki sunako and seishin.jpg
442KB, 1500x1361px
>>150213759
Fuck communism.
>>
Perhaps it was, but it certainly didn't succeed with me. I enjoyed every second of the carnage.
>>
>>150213759
but the humans were in the wrong.
>>
>>150213759
maybe the idea wasn't that you were supposed to sympathise with them, in the sense of taking their side, so much as they were trying to make you understand why they were doing what they were doing.

Personally, I watched it and was really rooting for the villagers to turn things around and start fighting back against the vampires, but when they did, it quickly became unsettling how blood-thirst and cavalier they were.
Probably my favourite part about the series
>>
>>150213759

Only time I really felt bad for the vampires was when watching the OVA, that nearly made me tear up.
>>
>>150214800
>Personally, I watched it and was really rooting for the villagers to turn things around and start fighting back against the vampires, but when they did, it quickly became unsettling how blood-thirst and cavalier they were.
I totally get what you mean, but it didn't have the same effect on me because the vampires were slaughtering them mercilessly for too long. Every little revolt was crushed gleefully. If it was a little more even, if they started fighting back sooner, then I might feel bad about it, but as things were, I just felt deep satisfaction.
>>
>>150214800

Also this, they had to die, but it was still hard to see some of the vampires killed especially when you understood their back story and the hopeless situation that many of them found themselves in.
>>
>>150213759
No. Don't let any of those filthy capitalists tell you otherwise./r/-ing the epic thread screencap please.
>>
File: Shiki analysis.jpg (707KB, 1432x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki analysis.jpg
707KB, 1432x2150px
I hope this screncap hasn't outworn its welcome
>>
Doctor objectively was the best character
>>
>>60526349
>>
>>150215429
He was. And priest was the worst character, I still don't understand how could he justify his faggotry.
>>
>>150215038
I don't think there's much risk of that.
>>
File: ShikiHairstyles.jpg (93KB, 1023x591px) Image search: [Google]
ShikiHairstyles.jpg
93KB, 1023x591px
>>150214906
yeah, a lot of them seemed awfully smug until the shoe was on the other foot. I did think most of them seemed like pricks,but still felt kind of bad because of how terrified they often were when being slain, and something about the way the people killed them.
It's been a while since I saw it. I'm not sure if it was how messy the killings were, or if the humans seemed to revel in it, but something made them come across as sort of sick.

One scene I liked though, was one where the women are disposing of the bodies, where they're chatting casually and it's almost like the whole vampire-purge is this a old-fashioned smalltown industry, like an ol fishing village or something.
>>
The soundtrack made it much more emotional though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjHWBhSsSw

Most vampires were a shit, but those few that were just unlucky I felt so bad for them. Really need to watch shiki again sometime.
>>
>>150215839
>women are eating
>notice one of the bodies moving
>hammer down it
>wipes her hand on the clothes
>resumes eating
That was a very good scene
>>
>>150216009
I never got round to trying the OVAs myself. I seem to recall hearing something about a scene with a woman in a bathtub that's apparently devastating
>>
>>150216134
the classic discovering grandma is a sociopath moment
>>
The nurse with the crazy hair was too fucking pure for this world.
;_;
>>
>>150215839
I don't remember, was the Lemon Juicer the doctor's wife, or the vampire who pretended to be the head vampire's mother?
>>
>>150217191
Lemon Juicer was the doctor's wife.
>>
File: Shiki_ch41_45-eng.jpg (424KB, 763x844px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki_ch41_45-eng.jpg
424KB, 763x844px
At least the good guy got a happy ending while Psycho doctor lost everything.
>>
It was about survival. The vampires were not completely wrong about killing humans because they needed to to survive. The humans after figuring it out needed to purge the vampires did so because of survival. The thing that makes it twisted is the revelry that both groups did it with. Maybe I'm thinking too shallowly but at its core Shiki is about survival.
>>
File: 12014572.png (400KB, 959x540px) Image search: [Google]
12014572.png
400KB, 959x540px
>>150213759
It's meant to show you that both groups are just doing what they need to to survive. But yeah, I was rooting for the humans all the way.
>>
>>150216452
>that's apparently devastating
It's tragic but like most things in the serious, that OVA is layered with enough style and humor to dampen the blow.

You have to watch it though, it explains how the fire starts.
>>
>>150218404
The vampires werent doing it for survival, they were triying massacre the village until there was nothing but shikis left.
>>
>>150213759
No it shows the glories of the communist revolution against filthy bourgeoise
>>
>it's a "vampire loli voiced by Aoi Yuuki" character
>>
>>150215038
>crushed by machines of labour
gets me every time
>>
Watching it with /a/ was fun.

AISHIIIII
https://youtu.be/6xBwYm0cZfQ
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.