[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gurren Lagann

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

just finished this show for the first time today. Damn was this show good! My only problem with it is that Simon didn't get Yoko at the end. They made it seem like it was going to happen at the wedding when the ring dropped by her feet but nothing came from that.

Sucks because both Simon and Yoko had their partner/partners die on them. I guess they both die virgins then.
>>
>>150199196
I haven't finished this yet and wasn't prepared for spoilers
Fuck you. Use the spoiler tag
>>
>>150199406
>lagann was 9 years ago
>doesnt want to get spoiler
lel
>>
>>150199406
Its an anime that came out in 2007, basically ancient at this point. Don't be surprised at being spoiled from an old show.
>>
File: 1478924605928.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
1478924605928.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>>150199196
>My only problem with it is that Simon didn't get Yoko at the end
Why would you even expect this, let alone want this?
>>
>>150199528
I didn't expect this until I felt like it was hinted at in the wedding scene when the ring fell by her feet. Yoko was always my favorite girl and it kinda sucked in the beginning of the show that she fell for kamina instead.
>>
File: inspector.png (438KB, 630x478px) Image search: [Google]
inspector.png
438KB, 630x478px
>>150199528
what if Simon made babies with her while he was roaming the earth years after the ending?
>>
>>150199517
pretty sure that was a meme response
>>
>>150199196
It's a story and a plot of humans rising against their oppressors. It would be highly unrealistic if they were like "lol okay, the people I loved died, let's fuck".

also the director said Nia and Simon had a week in between them winning and their wedding, so use your imagination on the virgin part.
>>
>>150199562
>it kinda sucked in the beginning of the show that she fell for kamina instead
You can't resist aniki.
>>
>>150199669
yeah I definitely agree that the whole humans rising up against their oppressors thing was the main point of the show, but these types of shows tend to let the MC get the girl at the end and I feel like Simon got left with nothing in the end. He started off as Simon the digger in the beginning and at the end he went back to being Simon the digger despite being a total alpha.
>>
Canon
https://exhentai.org/g/739086/10683e5a18/
>>
>>150199765

The creators wanted to round out the story by showing at least a little of the future as well, Simons 'generation' giving way to the new one.

It was actually a pretty mature thing Simon did to not try and bring back Nia with spiral power or whatever, and just left to do what's always been his identity, being a digger, it was a good, albeit sad rounding out of his character arc.
>>
>>150199196
You were expecting /ss/? Too bad for you! Have some hobo and old virgin instead!
>>
>>150199669
he died a virgin
>>
Can I gripe? I'd prefer a deus ex machina to ensure a happy ending than shit ending bittersweet. I hate bittersweet when it comes to endings. It's like they set shit up for a happy ending, and then they stab you because you're not allowed to go out feeling happy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.