[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SHAFTfags don't care about it since there's no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

>SHAFTfags don't care about it since there's no otaku pandering
>normalfags are put off by the weird (but trademark) SHAFT direction
>fans of the manga are disgusted by the abundance of headtilts, jump cuts and other SHAFT-isms shoved into the source material
Who the fuck thought that handing this to SHAFT was a good idea?
>>
shaft was a mistake
>>
>>150191169
>Who the fuck thought that handing this to SHAFT was a good idea?
I think there was confusion between the studios. HeroAca was directed as if it were slice of life, Sangatsu was directed as if it were a dynamic story.
>>
>>150191169
Where are the Lions?
>>
>>150191169
The mangaka wanted SHAFT for some reason. I prefer the manga though.
>>
>>150191169
It's a good adaptation though, easily the best thing airing this season.
>>
>>150191359
>It's a good adaptation though
It absolutely isn't.
>>
I like it
People on /a/ look for faults just to complain. In fact a lot of the world is like that. Complaining is addicting.
>>
>>150191169
>normalfags are put off by the weird (but trademark) SHAFT direction
Really?
I get the other impressions, normalfags here seem to love it and even call it a masterpiece.

Personnally I think it's one of the worst Shaft. It souldn't have been adapted like that, but like a regular drama/sol, without all the flashy Shaft effects.
>>
File: 1458711305124.png (117KB, 292x200px) Image search: [Google]
1458711305124.png
117KB, 292x200px
do people really dislike it that much?
i'm really enjoying it
>>
>>150191669
Normalfags would be the japanese that watch it on television on NHK.
It has shitty ratings.
>>
>>150191746
I'm enjoying because i love the source material, but it would so much better is they just removed all those unnecessary shaftism.
>>
>>150191839
>if they just removed all those unnecessary shaftism.
Like what? The headtilts? I can deal with one or two headtilts and I don't understand the autism of anyone who gets angry over them. 3gatsu is subtle with its headtilts compared to shit like Bake.
>>
>>150191883
hating Shaft trademarks is a meme. don't worry about it too much.
>>
>take a great series
>take a great studio
>get nothing but shit

how is this possible?
>>
>>150191931
>Shaft
>great studio
Lol
>>
>>150191883
All the jump cuts
All the times the background goes abstract for no reason
All the time there's a close up of the chibified face of a character during a joke
The absence of bystanders in the background that are not functional to the narrative, streets and shops completely empty
Just to name a few
>>
>>150191883
/a/ is full of autists, don't let it bother you too much. I'm also enjoying the adaptation and I think Shaft has done a decent job
>>
>>150191815
I assumed you talked about western normalfags.

>>150191883
If it was just the headtilts it would be ok. But there is much more than that to shaftism.
See >>150192068 I could add the out of place 3D and the weird camera angles.
I think it's okay in shows like Madoka or Monogatari that embrace their weirdness and edginess. But in a 3-gatsu which is supposed to be a bittersweet drama in a real-world setting, it comes off as ridiculous.
>>
>>150191931
>Get nothing but shit
How? Explain to me why 3sangatsu adaptation is shit
>>
I like SHAFT an 3 lions is pretty good. Momo is a miracle of the universe.
>>
I'm sad because my family was murdered by a melodrama manga plot : [
But sometimes I go to my surrogate family and then I feel like a real boy : ]
>>
>>150191169
The reason I don't care about it us because the cake doesn't win. It doesn't what studio is animating it.
>>
>>150191414
I don't know about "good" but I'll at least give them credit on remaining steady with the pacing. I was initially worried they would gloss over some of the more introspective parts in order to cover more material, and I'm glad they didn't.

>>150192068
I didn't even notice half that stuff until it was pointed out. Yes, it's unnecessary. But I don't think it's enough to get in the way of enjoying the show.
>>
>>150192840
I'm not bothered by Akari losing, even though I personally prefer her. I think Hina and Kiriyama's dynamic just works better. A gloomy guy like Kiriyama needs someone energetic to stir him up and keep him from sinking into depression. It's the same reason why Nikaido is such a great friend for him. For example, after that incident with Momo and the dog, Akari tried to be considerate and give Kiriyama some space while Hina did the opposite and invited him over. Both were worried about him, but Akari's method only caused Kiriyama to become more distant as he was left alone.
>>
>>150191815
Don't all anime have shit ratings anyway? No one ever bothers with that shit once if it's airing past 20:00.
>>
>>150192843
why do you think SHAFT would skip material, it's not like they care what actually happens in a story to begin with and just go through their visual gimmick playbook one by one, scene after scene.
>>
>>150191169
>>SHAFTfags don't care about it since there's no otaku pandering
I'm a SHAFTfag and I care.
>>
I think the problem lies mostly within the story.
Shaft is actually trying their best to make this a little watchable, otherwise it's just another boring melodrama.
>>
>>150192843
>Yes, it's unnecessary.
What isnt "unnecessary", why bother animating anything at all?
Every studio has to have a style, people here seem to imply a black screen is better than some visual entertainment because of their autism.
In any case I think its great anime, ep7 was amazing.
>>
>>150193475
>it's not like they care what actually happens in a story to begin with and just go through their visual gimmick playbook one by one, scene after scene.
It sounds bad when you say it like that, but in the end it's an adaptation. The Studio shouldn't be fussing over the story to begin with. They should just use what's given to them and focus on how best to translate it into a new medium. And in that regard SHAFT's doing a pretty good job. The OST fits well with the mood, as does the voice acting. The pacing is steady. And despite what you say, the visuals still look rather nice, with the "gimmicks" only standing out to those who are already familiar with Shaft's style. Their not really detracting from the anime.
>>
>>150191169
I love it but whenever i entered a thread about it there were just people shitposting about Shaft and KyoAni so i started avoiding the threads like the plague.
>>
This is one of those shows you just gotta be in the mood to really enjoy it. If you're not it's a little gay
>>
>>150191169
I like Mad Men and I have to say that 3 gatsu is trash.
>>
>>150194421
The problem is that at this point you could literally take Rei monologuing about how sad he is and put it over footage from Nisekoi and it wouldn't be that easy to spot the difference, as long as you choose a scene where the Nisekoi idiots make a frowny face of course.
>>
>fans of the manga are disgusted by the abundance of headtilts, jump cuts and other SHAFT-isms shoved into the source material
I am so mad.
I knew it was going to be like this the moment they revealed Shaft.
I love the manga but I can't love this.
Only redeeming features are the cats.
>>
File: t1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
t1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x1816px
The next episode was delayed, right?

>>150192840
She's on the path to winning the best boy of the series though.
>>
>>150194524
Why would "fans of the manga" give a shit.
How are they harmed by unique tropes of shaft as opposed to tropes other studios would include?
>>
>>150194509
Honestly at this point it feels like SHAFT is just a guy with an After Effects template where you put in the character designs, hit render and it spits out half an hour of animation each week.
>>
>>150191169
Umino is a fucking autistic whore that dickrode shinbo so hard that he actually fulfilled her unreasonable, illogical, and stupid request.

The backgrounds are 10/10, character design isn't bad, but the colors for the characters are abortion tier. They clash with their initial designs and the background.

JC staff adapted H&C perfect.
>>
File: mouth.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>150194622
>character design isn't bad
But the mouths.
>>
>>150194678
hey now, how else would you tell he's sad
>>
>>150194588
Because they like the series and were looking forward to seeing it animated? What part of this is hard to understand?
Other studios don't have a directing style that's as recognizable. With Shaft you know exactly what they're going to be doing, and those elements don't go well with the manga.

It's not that I dislike Shaft, I just knew they weren't a good match for this specific series.
>>
>>150194678
Looks pretty much like Umino's so I don't mind either.
>>
>>150194720
>those elements don't go well with the manga.
I dont have the philosophy degree required to make sense of this so.
>>
its good its a mature drama driven show padded with slice of life and some absolutely gorgeous moments.
>>
>>150194308
>it's just another boring melodrama.
what happened to award winning seinen?
>>
It's just a/ that got triggered with the MC's reverse rape scene. We only like it when the females are the victims, here.
The hate propaganda has been quite desperate from that moment.

But it's still a very nice show with really stunning moments.
>>
>I'm the cuckoo

AoTS confirmed.
>>
>>150192752
underrated post
>>
>>150195016
>use traditionally acceptale cuckoo analogy
>/pol/ jumps on it like its christmas
Just kill me.
>>
>>150194758
It's similar but you don't even notice it much in the manga. You notice it every episode because shaft does these retarded facial close ups for no reason
>>
SHAFT was a mistake. They should have just kept doing Monogatari since that's the only thing they can do nowadays
>>
>>150191359

>easily the best thing airing this season
>shaftcucks in full denial

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>150191169

Classic case of Aniplex ideas
>>
Yeah well seems people like hating on the studio more than hating on the show itself. Guess the threads are going to be this way forever more.
>>
>>150194678
>>150195135
the mouths is such a minor complaint

I agree with you but that is such a minor detail
>>
>>150195478
Shitposting aside, it's literally impossible to separate the two in this case (and in the cases of most SHAFT shows). SHAFT's house style is so dominant that discussing one of their shows and the studio itself is the same thing.
>>
>>150194417
>What isnt "unnecessary
Things that actually complement the storytelling.
It don't really mind SHAFT style, but it doesn't really fits this series.
>>
>>150191169
The animation is ok. It's the direction that's questionable because it is better played straight and doesn't need to rely on confusing the audience to hide shitty writing like gatari.
>>
Did anyone even care about Zaregoto? I lost interest in it when I saw that it's another Monogatari clone that looked even worse than usual.
>>
>>150196874
I think I would be more interested if it was another studio, but at this point I'm pretty tired of the usual Shaft with the usual Watanabe designs.
>>
>>150196874
It's selling pretty well, so yeah. Although the BDs are cheaper.
>>
It's good albeit a little slow. I guess it's hard for people to get excited to watch this type of show because there isn't really much to look forward to. I'd say it's going to be one of those shows that people will watch a year or two from now in one or two sittings and make threads like "Why did /a/ hate this" or something along those lines.
>>
>>150197013
>selling well
>1/4th price BDs
>only 10k
I mean even Scamco when they went that route for LL got more than 100k for that volume. It's selling like shit.
>>
>>150195016
God damn it I hate this meme i didn't realise it until i came here. It was supposed to be fucking deep mang and now it's just
>im the cuckoo
>>
>>150191169
>folder icon
>>
Many of the criticism comes from overreacting, or from anons that have clearly forgotten what the manga looked like or have never even read it.
Can the adaptation be considered faithful? The answer is yes, for the most part it copies the original cut by cut.
The only real problem is the high pace of the jump cuts, which I think has to do with trying to make the action seem more dynamic, therefore less boring, but it's so frequent it's not done too well. However, the pacing of many chapters in the manga is also rather fast (if you compare 3-gatsu to Higashi no Eden or H&C) and also uses very narrow shots because the paneling is usually very compressed when it involves the sisters and their house.
The other problem are the head tilts. Up to episode 4 it was rather subdued, but these last 2 episodes it has gone haywire.

>>150192068
>All the times the background goes abstract for no reason
Manga uses this artistic resource and it sometimes over-does it. It has plenty of blank panels (no figures or scenery in them) with a few lines (inner monologue mostly) and some generic manga blur effect.
>All the time there's a close up of the chibified face of a character during a joke
Happens in the manga. The cats are a good example of Umino integrating chibi comedy into her work.
>The absence of bystanders in the background that are not functional to the narrative, streets and shops completely empty
Same thing in the manga. There are some exceptions to this rule, both happening in the anime (see pic related) and the manga.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.