[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime has the best Thanksgiving special?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 525906458_125235.gif (190KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
525906458_125235.gif
190KB, 400x400px
What anime has the best Thanksgiving special?
>>
>>150147213
I don't think any anime have Thanksgiving specials.

But post anime girls in Thanksgiving hats so I can use them.
>>
>>150147264
But why not? They stole all our other holidays like halloween and christmas, why not thanksgiving too?
>>
>>150147316
"Your holidays"?

You mean the holidays that existed for around half a millennium before anyone discovered the rock called the Americas?
>>
>>150147381
You don't count native Americans as people?
>>
>>150147381
I thought the modern version of Halloween was pretty exclusively an American thing before it started bleeding off into other countries relatively recently.
>>
>>150147316
Christmas is a christian holiday, and christianity started in the middle east; and Halloween is almost world wide in some form or another.
>>
>>150147421
Only that version of Halloween, before that it was called different things in other countries and wasn't quite the same. Christmas has nothing to do with America though.
>>
>>150147421
Rummelpott (which is what I grew up with) goes back to the 17th century.
>>
>>150147472
>>150147497
Huh ok, just basing that on some European anons some years back complaining about it becoming more popular in their countries and finding it annoying.
>>
>>150147381
Halloween and MegaChristmas are trademarked intellectual property of the United States. Do not steal.
>>
The roots of Halloween are as old as Christianity, needless to say nothing to do with America.
>>
>>150147316
They don't even treat those two holidays like Westerners do.
I ain't ever seen a trick or treater in an anime, and Christmas is more Valentine's Day/Get some KFC than 'Open the fuck out of presents.'
>>
>>150147525
Well, Halloween and the American Santa Claus are slowly but surely displacing our old traditions.
Barely anyone even remembers the Christkind.
>>
>>150147213
What would the Japanese give thanks for?
>>
>>150148232
Cute 2D girls and traps.
>>
Sombody post the dinner scene from urusei yatsura, I don't have it handy.
>>
>>150147316
Thanksgiving is a U.S. specific holiday unlike the others you mentioned.
Other than independence day, most other holidays celebrated in the U.S. were originally pegan holidays.
>>
>>150148263
Fair enough. Celebration days when?
>>
>>150147316
Becuase their thanksgiving is April 28th.
>>
>>150147618
Umineko brings up trick or treating I think. Also there was that thing with the yakuza giving candy to kids or something
>>
>>150147696
I want to hear about your traditions
>>
>>150147436
Ur an idiot. Christians stole it from the pagans
>>
>>150147264
>Thanksgiving hats
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Thanksgiving_Day
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.