[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kill off the only character that stops the show from being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Kamina.png (1MB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina.png
1MB, 1280x959px
>kill off the only character that stops the show from being shit only in the 4th episode

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>150096746
Yeah it is unusual that they would do that
>>
>>150096746
He overshadowed the MC too much.
>>
The only shit characters were Rossiu, Nia, and Simon.
That's why pre-timeskip, when they get the least focus, is great. While post-timeskip, when they get the most focus, is garbage.
All the characters in pic related carried the show.
>>
>>150096828
another weird thing is that the show itself emphasizes directly through dialogue. "hey what do you think of Simon? He has no identity, he relies on Kamina too much"
>>
>>150096833
rossiu > your favorite anime character
>>
>>150096828
>>150096902
that's sounds like IBO
>>
>why did they kill off / otherwise write out the character that most ties the MC to his childhood in a coming of age arc!?
Same reason Childhood friend never wins.
>>
>>150096746
Spiral power/the WAAAGH is not about any individual, not that some stupid humie like you would understand.
>>
I think it would have been better for Simon to actually feel like he's completely worthless after the battle instead of Kamina dying

With Kamina's death, there's a huge void left and someone has to step up to try and fill it, the only one that can do that is Simon. Sounds like easy writing if you ask me. With Kamina alive, now you have an unstoppable force that everyone loves, and despite having situations where Simon is the real one piloting Gurren Lagann, it would still be Kamina receiving recognition for it because Simon is just a shadow of Kamina, a true little brother that relies too much on his big bro. Simon would have to find his own way to make himself unique, instead of just filling his brother's shoes. The way he did it with Nia was perfect, he's the first to run for her with no gunman at all, and then gets trampled by the other pilots anyway, but she still recognizes him as being the first to try to save her. It's a good start to him becoming a stronger character, and to make Simon the stronger main character with Kamina around, I believe, would be a challenge to the writers
>>
File: senketsu.gif (39KB, 460x570px) Image search: [Google]
senketsu.gif
39KB, 460x570px
>>150096746

trigger/gainax have a history of killing memorable characters for no reason whatsoever. it is because the only western art (its illegal) that managed to sneak into japan was pic related
>>
>>150097308
>>
>>150096746
that he was never the main character
>>
Simon is based you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>150098169
He was boring as shit.
>>
>>150098169
Literally a poor mans Kamina
>>
File: Episode[END].jpg (271KB, 1014x572px) Image search: [Google]
Episode[END].jpg
271KB, 1014x572px
>>150096746
Glad we all agree that this was a good ending for the series.
Finally anime with happy marrige
>>
>>150098690
is this post supposed to be ironic?
>>
>>150097308
Lol, you suddenly made orks so much cooler for me. Gurren Lagann really could be a story about green guy. No Yoko problems though
>>
>>150098690
Hey, who gave that prick the authority to conduct sacred right! I don's any symbols of our Lord on his chest!
>>
That was the eight episode, you ignorant ass.
>>
>>150099172
>It took 20 posts for somebody to spot the thread

Fucking hell.
>>
File: 1479231094435.jpg (301KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1479231094435.jpg
301KB, 1680x1050px
>>150096833
>Nia
>shit character
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>150096746
Is it so hard to add spoiler tags for spoilers?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.