[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about Shounen anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

What does /a/ think about Shounen anime?
>>
>>150063321
Coming soon:
>But shonen isn't a genre, it's an audience
>>
I'll never understand why /a/ uniformly thinks naruto is shit but other similar bottom tier garbage like HxH and wan piss are widely liked
>>
>>150063435
Becaue Naruto is mainstream is why. What I don't get is why people hate One Piece when it's a shounen done fucking right.
>>
>>150063321
Weekly shounen shows are a dying breed. Naruto and Bleach no more, only two that are being produced are both by Toei. And Boku no Hero Academia will probably be a 1 or two cours per year.

Kinda sad.
>>
>>150063321
Dragon Ball created the genre and revived in 2016. How can a series be so based?
>>
>>150063321
dbz and db are the only good ones
>>
>>150063643
Because a lot of people don't like battle shounen in general? Is that so hard to understand? Just because you say "but this one is good!" doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree with you.
>>
Filler fodder genre full of cliched knock offs, but still better than waifushit, aka 99% of this shit board.
>>
>>150063321
>5 of those are married and have kids
>>
Guilty pleasure
>>
>>150064957
Goku never kissed his wife or anyone else.
>>
>>150063435
There's no arc in Naruto that can be compared to the Chimera Ants in HxH and the Marineford in OP. Like come on, even the final war has been underrated from the start.
>>
>>150065676
Pain arc can be compared.
>>
File: tumblr_oaqbz9Enor1t4n7t1o1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaqbz9Enor1t4n7t1o1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x960px
They're all basically the same show. You could argue it's like superhero movies where it's more a genre than a style, but it's still not much fun to watch over and over.

I like one piece and my hero academia though, not entirely sure why. I guess MHA has some interesting characters and I want to see what the big secret of one piece is.
>>
>>150065876
LOOK
>>
Battleshonen = /v/-tier
>>
Very few battle shounen are actually good, but they aren't as bad as people make them seem. In general, shounen type anime is good but accessible, and that's why huge anime nerds hate it.
>>
>>150063321
they're good when done right
>>
>>150066112
This, they are not as "deep and mature" as some fags would like, but it's a fun way to shut down your brain for a while and just enjoy
>>
>>150064829
One Piece doesn't feel like a Battle Shounen like Naruto or Bleach but a fun adventure manga with some fights great characterzation and development and the whole cast is pretty likeable. I know everyone isn't going to agree that One Piece is good but I wish people would accept that some like the manga/anime.
>>
>>150063402
But that's true

Azumanga Daioh is shounen
Welcome to the NHK is shounen
Samurai Champloo is shounen
Watamote is shounen
>>
>>150063321
DRAGON DRAGON ROCK THE DRAGON
>>
>>150063402
Its also a genre.
>>
File: beck28_124-125.png (941KB, 1690x1200px) Image search: [Google]
beck28_124-125.png
941KB, 1690x1200px
>>150063321
I like it
>>150064713
bait
>>
>>150063321
It's simple, but fun.
>>
its SHIT.

no suspension of disbelief, false drama, unrealistic scenarios, deus ex machine and the power of friendship. why bother?
>>
>>150065876

jojo is shit because its zany, wild nature has no opposite state to reflect on. when there is tension on screen 95% of the time, its just tedious and it loses its impact.

i actually wish jojo had some filler. the only stand fights i liked in part 3 were the darby brothers because it was something the show desperately needed--a different way to resolve issues other than through 2 metre death machine stands
>>
keijo is pretty gud.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.