[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to watch anime for 2 decades and still like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Is it possible to watch anime for 2 decades and still like it as much as you did in the past?
>>
>>150044195
Been there done that, still like it. Taste changes with time though.
>>
Only a decade and a half in, but I like it just as much.
>>
If you're watching anime for that long, something went horrifically wrong in your life. I fully anticipate growing out of anime before I'm twenty. I'm already tired of how immature most shows are, I feel like I've almost grown out of it. Not if you're an adult, you should've found better things to occupy your time, like a career and a family.
>>
>>150044195
Ask me again in 2 years, i imagine my answer will still be yes though.
>>
>>150045091
I think it's cute how you think there are better things than watching anime. Careers and families suck the life right out of you and you don't have any time for anything. Life is over once you graduate college. I would know -- I'm 30 and the only thing I have to look forward to is watching an episode of anime while eating dinner.
>>
Every time I think to myself, "wow, anime these days suck ass, I'm just gonna stop watching at this point", something like Tiger and Bunny, Space Dandy, or Shingeki no Bahamut comes out and I fall in love all over again.

There's a unique sense of adventure that I just can't find in other types of shows.
>>
>>150044195
Been watching for almost 20 years, still like it
Had some up and downs but I still love, can't watch as much as I used to because of work and other shit though
>>
>>150045091
No family, but I manage a full-time job and quite a bit of anime. You don't have to binge 14 hours every day, I watch about 1-2 hours per day and I consider myself an anime fan.
>>
>>150044195
I see old people that still enjoy music so why not
>>
>>150045091
Yes but quitting anime won't automatically get me a career and family, so my best move is to watch anime.
>>
>>150045091
>you should've found better things to occupy your time, like a career and a family.
Do you mean selling yourself into slavery is better than watching TV?
>>
>>150044195
Well I started around 7 and I am 25, I watch really any genre.

Most of anime is meh but has at least one good ep. I find just a few anime really bad. But there are others that still motivate me for the visuals, the writing or just for a cool concept.

But get this, I work as a game dev, and my hobbies are drawing and writing so, this is just another medium that stimulate me
>>
Yes.

Have you tried watching Keijo!!!!!!!! yet? It's amazing.
>>
>>150044195
Yes, I've been watching since the mid 90s.
Unless you're some faggot from /v/ who only watches garbage like Kill la Kill & JoJo
>>
>>150045450
what time to be alive, ammaright?
>>
>>150044195
Yes. If anything I've come to like it a lot more than I did back then.
>>
>>150045091
>I fully anticipate growing out of anime before I'm twenty.

How cute.
>>
>>150045091
Ive seen this copypasta about video games before too
>>
I'm rather skeptical anyone here likes anime as much now as they did when they started watching it if it was really even a decade ago.do you have as many or more 9+/10 series in 2016 as you did in 2006?
>>
>>150044195
Unlike lolis, it gets better with age
>>
>>150045279
Mi negro.
>>
File: nice.png (1MB, 1270x663px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
1MB, 1270x663px
>>150045915
There hasn't been a 10/10 show since at least 2003, but there's been a lot of 8 that make anime-watching worthwhile.
>>
>>150045915

Love has many forms. The love you feel when you first discover something, when you are exploring it with all your heart and are excited about everything is love no more or less than the love you feel 10 years later.
>>
>>150046016
I think it's definitely less, bro. If you aren't cracking out at least some 10/10s, you aren't experiencing the same BURNING love as you used to.
>>
>>150045474
You ARE right, my friend.
Truly we're living in the best of times.
>>
>>150046106

Why do you think people stay married to each other for 70 years? The burning love phase is over in a couple years, but by then a deeper form of love has taken root.
>>
>>150046173
A deeper form of love in that they start to rate their marriage 8/10 or 7/10 rather than 10/10

Seems like deep =/= good
>>
>>150046211

Spoken like a true virgin.

It only gets better over time, anon.
>>
>>150044294
This. Tastes changes, styles change, fads come and go, but beneath all the shit, there is genuine quality to be had. The more shit you watch, the more you will come to appreciate the rare examples of actual quality content.
>>
>>150045267
>>150045267
>>150045267
This. The only people actually looking forward to career building are students and teenagers. The average work environment involves dealing with so much shit, you just want to leave and watch some stupid Chinese cartoons to relax.

>>150046211
Yeah marriage is all about wanting to fuck your wife everyday right? Yeaaahhhhh
>>
>>150046295
>>150046263
You can't deny the numbers chummmmmmmmmmmmm--Ps.

If you wouldn't rate it higher, it isn't better.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.