[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never realized Yami was such a hardcore psychopath until reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1479619856972.png (322KB, 612x548px) Image search: [Google]
1479619856972.png
322KB, 612x548px
I never realized Yami was such a hardcore psychopath until reading the manga. Christ almighty.
>>
>>150004024
He's an adult Egyptian man with magical powers trapped in the body of a Japanese child. You would probably go crazy too given those circumstances.
>>
To society's norm; he was pretty crazy, considering the period and culture he was from.
>>
>>150004079
He blew a guy up for wanting to take their class spot in a culture festival.
>>
>>150004305
That's how ancient Egyptians solved things back then. It's his culture. Stop being so intolerant.
>>
>>150004443
He made Kaiba experience the horror of death and getting ripped to shreds over and over to scar the guy's mind just for stealing a card.

Granted, Kaiba came back for blood and vengeance, and his sheer hatred and disdain for Yugi and his friends makes more sense after that.
>>
>>150004024
>tfw the manga was officially translated in my country
>it was more than 10 years ago and had no reprint to this day
>>
>>150004695
Dude, Kaiba was about to torture his own fucking brother for failing him(until Yami saved him)

And all that shit over a Card Game
Kaiba's autism is unmatched
>>
>>150004740
Yami started it.

But yeah, Kaiba went completely fucking nuts. Death T was something else.
>>
see it a bit in duelist kingdom, wasn't until battle city that he become cool and conflicted
>>
>>150004715
Search for them in bookstores that sells second hand books then. If that fails just get them online.
>>
>>150004715
That sucks. I've been getting them pretty cheap on amazon in a 3-in-1 format. You might be able to import or just read online.
>>
>>150005176
the company who translated yu-gi-oh also translated full metal alchemist at the same time and that's getting a special reprint, maybe someday they will do the same with yugioh
>>
>>150004782
Didn't he hire murderers and shit to stalk Yugi and his friends? Dude was unhinged
>>
>>150005555
Well he hired murderers to try and kill him after he lost the first time and got trapped in a card.

I'm not saying Kaiba is a saint, just...y'know, Yami might've gone a tad overboard in their first encounter.
>>
>>150004079
Him and Yugi are the same biological are both 16. They look exactly the same.
>>
>>150004024
It's implied that all of them sans the death row inmate (maybe even him) get better. It's a learning process, and a big part is also that the people he's playing with are dangerous enough to warrant it.
>>
File: nervous hissing.gif (526KB, 364x489px) Image search: [Google]
nervous hissing.gif
526KB, 364x489px
>>150005923
>burning someone alive is a learning process
>>
>>150006150
That was the one guy who might not have gotten better. That was more taking control of the situation to protect the people there than trying to teach him a lesson, I suppose.
>>
>>150004782
>Yami started it.
Not really
It's not Yugi's fault Kaiba is autistic and obsessed with winning

FFS Kaiba was keeping a dying old man on life support just to battle Yugi
Dude was fucking nuts
>>
>>150006233
The kid that got his soul eaten by 25 Chinese dragons sure as shit didn't get better.

Though he definitely instigated that one. That's not on Yami.
>>
>>150006385
That wasn't even a Shadow Game, though. He tried to kill Yugi because of ACTUAL chuunibyo. It's actually pretty unusual to have a kid straight up die in the series; most of the deaths were adults or in Egypt.
>>
>>150004024
It's sad that such a great manga turned into a shitty advert for the TCG
>>
>>150004024
I loved how much inspiration the early chapters took from Jojo, though it's weird how it became a card game later.
>>
>>150007219
>>150007437
Yeah, as much as I grew up with the anime of the card game, there's something awesome about the king of games playing more than one fucking game with an ironic punishment at the end.
>>
>>150007437
>I loved how much inspiration the early chapters took from Jojo
Yeah, YGO is pretty much D'Arby's Bizarre Adventure.

A lot like how Mirai Nikki is pretty much Thoth vs. Thoth vs. Thoth in: Battle Royale.
>>
Is there any full scan complete chapter off the series?
I tried search on manga see but no luck

Post link if have
>>
Some of that leaks through in the anime (toned down quite a lot though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NBvsmQ2Ik
>>
>>150004024
>Try to find the manga online
>The first non card game arcs are fine
>Get to the card game
>The scans are so bad they actually had to manually rewrite all the text
>Drop it
>still curious about how dark and edgy it was
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.