[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Re:Zero anime had the original writer in control of the show's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 29

The Re:Zero anime had the original writer in control of the show's script, and as you all know, that turned out excellently. How come that kind of thing doesn't happen more often? Most of them just sell their rights and forget it, but Nagatsuki cared and made sure that they cut and kept the right things. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the reason why they kept skipping the OP and ED to have more time.
>>
>turned out excellently
>cut out the ending of the arc and told you to buy the LN

hmm...
>>
>>149970101
I don't know how the arc ends in the LN, but from an anime watcher's standpoint it was a great place to end the series. Obviously there's going to be an S2, but better to do what it did and have a conclusive ending than to introduce new threads that will be left dangling for God knows how many years. I saw exactly what they were going for and I liked it.

I don't know why you see it as a cocktease. You want a show that had a blatant "Buy the LN or be pissed off forever" ending, look at New Game No Life. Still a good show though.
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479563638226.webm
>>149970101
>>cut out the ending of the arc and told you to buy the LN
Welp time to delete it from my hard drive.
>>
> Sees at least 4 different Re:Zero related threads in the catalogue.
Fucking die you maggot. Pull the trigger or just jump off with a noose on your neck attached to a ceiling where you can hang yourself. End yourself. Just die. Do it. Come on. Why don't you do it? Hurry the fuck up. I ain't gonna do it for you. Stop the bullshit.
>>
>>149970035
Who is that blue haired ram?
>>
>>149970243
It was only a great place to end it from an anime watchers perspective because they cut out just about every loose end they possibly could get away with including Rem getting Subaru to backpedal and admit he loves her too.
>>
You obviously didn't know what happened to Saint Seiya when the author decided to get involved and tell the studio how to draw his characters. Then fired everyone. All the people who had made his shitty manga a classic. God I hope he dies in a fire.
>>
>>149971975
Wow, kind of a shame that part didn't happen, but it was pretty obvious to me that he felt that way even without it being stated directly. I mean, he literally confessed to her in episode 18 and later called her one of the most important people in his life.

I get being mad though, because the average anime watcher is literally incapable of reading between the lines even a slight amount, which is why sometimes the series feels like it's trying to beat something into the viewer's head. Because they won't get it if they're not told directly and even if they are, they still won't get it.

At any rate, I'll look forward to reading the light novels when they're translated.
>>
>>149970035
Your opinion is objectively wrong. The last quarter to a third of it was so rushed it completely fell apart. Are you telling me Nagatsuki Tappei himself was in charge of that total disaster?
>>
>>149973563
>The last quarter to a third of it was so rushed it completely fell apart.
Tell me exactly where you think it began to be rushed. Which episode?
>>
>>149973619
I want to say episode 16, but on skimming through it, that one wasn't too bad. 17 was rushed but not to the extent of being unbearable, but then it just got worse and worse as it went on.

For reference, I started reading the source material after episode 15 aired.
>>
>>149973699
Wasn't 18 the one where the entire episode was just a conversation between Subaru and Rem? How can you describe that as rushed?
>>
>>149973793
I didn't think 18 was rushed, just poorly directed. Like, the bit where all the birds take off at once? But everything after that was completely awful.

17 was rushed, though. Needed more suffering. There was literally a whole 9000-word chapter on Subaru just suffering and vomiting blood as he ran away from the whale blindly in the fog. There's no way it needed all of that, but it didn't have *any* of it. That scene took like 5 seconds in the anime.
>>
>>149973907
Well, the thing about episode 17 is that the stuff you describe is not only uninteresting but also entirely unnecessary to the plot. I can completely understand excising that part in favor of something that actually moves the story forward.

In my opinion it's not always the case that "rushing" is a bad thing. You have to try and get into the mind of the director and think about what he was going for. While it would be great if everything could get a 1:1 adaptation, the sad truth is that very few anime have the time or budget to accomplish such a thing. They have to figure out how to interpret the material in less time while still telling a good, coherent story.
>>
>>149974030
And, to add something: Don't get me wrong, it's not that suffering can't be used to great effect. But I think we got the point after episode 15. Which, indeed, was spectacularly done. But to attempt something that again, I'd argue would devalue it. I can't fault them for just moving on.
>>
>>149974030
Yes, and I said that it didn't need all of that, and that 17 was still tolerable.

From 19 onwards, though, the plot falls apart. And not just because it's rushed -- Wilhelm being able to cut Petelgeuse's invisible hands with a normal sword is ridiculous, for example. Julius could only do that because of his spirit arts. Both subjugations are just really badly handled in the anime, and at least one entire repetition of the Sloth fight is completely cut out.

The novel plot is slow at times, but it's made out of a lot of parts that elaborately fit together. You just don't get that in the anime. The parts don't fit at all, because important things are missing. I had to go through it all with an anime-only friend afterwards to explain to him all the bits that made no sense.
>>
>>149971855
source plz
>>
File: 8xc8XJS.gif (590KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
8xc8XJS.gif
590KB, 200x189px
>LNfags claiming the anime was rushed
Holy shit, the anime moved at a snail's pace. Do you mean to tell me the LN is even slower?
>>
>>149971942
Thats best girl
>>
>>149970101
The journey matters more than the destination.
>>
>>149975855
Bro, do not ever watch Rokka no Yuusha. (And it pains me to say this because that show was amazing.)
>>
File: CuqUEWXUEAAcM7Y.jpg (67KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
CuqUEWXUEAAcM7Y.jpg
67KB, 650x650px
I guess here
https://mega.nz/#!0Q9mTIhb!fJXAd5nHTmlYABjK8afRcSB4MyqYMHmAzE1H13bFjX4
>>
>>149971928
lol
>>
Guys, why was episode 18 so fucking hilarious.

It's like the whole episode was the set up for a joke and the punch line was "oh and by the way I don't love you". 25 solid minutes of Subaru bitching and Rem comforting him and then it just ends on "I don't love you, go milk a horse", funniest shit I've seen this year.
>>
>>149975980

No, here >>149968577
>>
>>149974140
I don't know, I really didn't have any trouble making sense of it. Maybe I'm just good at filling in the blanks. Like, the Wilhelm thing didn't come off as weird to me because, in the context of the anime, that's not something they addressed as being impossible and we'd seen how badass Wilhelm is, so to me it was just another thing he did. Could be a problem if that becomes relevant again in S2, but they could always retcon it somehow. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen an anime explain away something with a single line.

>and at least one entire repetition of the Sloth fight is completely cut out.
I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying Subaru went through ANOTHER death in the middle of all this? Seems a bit excessive.

I'm not trying to devalue the LN here or anything. To me, even the anime adaptation makes it clear that it's something special. And I'm no stranger to meticulously crafted series where you can't make cuts without throwing things off massively (I'm hesitant to say it by name because I know some people really hate it, but Umineko was a really good example of this). But in this case I believe they did what they could and they had the go-ahead from Nagatsuki. Though I will say this: Your criticisms do strike me as much more valid than those of other people I've seen who accuse Re:Zero of having "plot holes" and then when I press them on it they say some bullshit that makes me realize they are missing a brain.
>>
>>149975205
Looks like Bungou Stray Dogs.
>>
>>149974140
>one entire repetition of the Sloth fight is completely cut out
That loop also got cut in the LN, so that one can't be faulted to the anime adaptation.
Otherwise I agree, slow buildups for climaxes that use basically everything. It's kind of a smaller scene and I understand why it got cut, but I'm still bummed that Subaru's negotiation with Crusch got so abridged.
>>
While the LN readers are here, I've got a question. The anime has me speculating that Beatrice somehow knows about Return by Death. Has that been confirmed or refuted thus far?
>>
>>149976428
Oh, really? I haven't read the LN, so I have no idea where any given change was put in.

But damn, the negotiation. That made no sense in the anime. What was the point of having Anastasia and Russel wait outside and "choose when to enter"? In the WN, Russel was there from the start and Anastasia was just running late. No idea what they were thinking when they changed that.

>>149976216
Yes, in the WN there was a disastrous hillside battle on the way to the Sanctuary, where Julius showed off his rainbow sword for the first time and Patrasche died heroically while being best girl. This came about because Subaru had been possessed by Petelgeuse in the previous loop and forced to kill himself, so he came to the conclusion that they had to defeat Petelgeuse without killing him. At the end of the loop, he decided that the reason he was dying this time was because he'd made up with Emilia and brought her along for the ride. That's why he tricks her in the following, successful loop, and leaves her with the children so that she won't be able to go into battle. Apparently the middle loop wasn't in the LN though, so I have no idea what the revised plot progression is. All I know is it didn't seem to follow any logic in the anime.

I wasn't happy that all of Patrasche's badassery was cut from the anime.
>>
>>149976720
No, she is not aware of it. But, she does have some small immunity to the effects of gluttony victims, since she remember Rem.

Otherwise, she's clueless about Subaru's situation. Although Roswaal knows that he can "reset" the world, but he has no clue how he goes about it, but is trying to use him to his advantage. Basically Roswaal has a book that tells him the future, a complete gospel, which, unlike the ones the bishops have, tells about the future much more reliably.
>>
>>149976032
Eh, Rem won anyways so I don't care as much.
>>
>>149976720
I'm a fair way into arc 5. Subaru and Beatrice have a much closer relationship after the events of arc 4, but all she knows about his authority is that sometimes he knows things and can't tell her how or why. IIRC she knows about envy's miasma clinging to him, similarly to how Rem can smell it, but not that he has an authority.
>>
>>149976216
>>149976761
OH RIGHT! And on the topic of the hillside battle, obviously I have no idea whether this was removed in the LN or just in the anime, but when Petelgeuse is confronting Emilia to put her through the Ordeal, Puck is unable to do anything about it because of a contract he has with some mysterious third party. But in the anime, he just goes in icicles a-blazin' like everything's fine.
>>
>>149976761
>>149976942
>>149977115
Man, you guys are throwing around some specific terminology and I can figure out what you mean from context but it's giving me the impression that the anime didn't do a very good job of explaining those aspects.
>>
>>149970035
Hey re:tards there's another thread already.
>>
>>149968577
>>149968577
>>149968577
>>
>>149976852
I probably shouldn't have looked at this. When does this happen?
>>
>>149977182
See >>149977313
>>
>>149977254
Arc 3-6+

Kind of the entire duration of it really.
>>
File: Just kidding.png (910KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Just kidding.png
910KB, 800x1130px
>>149977254
It was cut from the anime, but during their talk under the tree, Subaru tells Rem that he does love Emilia, but he feels his heart flutter when he looks at her, and feels he's a terrible man for it. Rem becomes surprised and jokingly says she'd be fine with being his second wife, and Subaru replies that if she can convince Emilia of going polygamy, he'd allow it.

Later, after the whale dies, she pretends to be dying from severe injuries, and drives Subaru to confess how he really feels about her, then does the lip touch and goes "can't back out from your promise now ok?", since he just confessed. He gets relieved and tells her he was almost considering ending it if she wasn't around, they hug each other and almost kiss, but Felix cockblocks Subaru by showing up at the wrong time.

After that Rem gets assaulted by two bishops on the way back, one of then gluttony, everyone forgets her, and she is in a coma, due to having her memories and name eaten, Subaru kilsl himself with no hesitation when he sees her like that, in order to save her, but the checkpoint moved.

The later arcs have Subaru worried sick for her, and trying to find a way to fix her, even telling Emilia he loves both of then equally. So yeah, she "kinda" won. But Subaru still loves Emilia as well. If it will stay like that, will depend on what happens when she wakes up.
>>
>>149971855
Sometimes I get tired of how over-the-top and edgy modern anime is. There are just so many cliches in this WebM alone.
>>
>>149977569
You forgot that because of her Subaru can't even consider entering into a romantic relationship with anyone. His libido practically dies of depression.
>>
>>149977618
>very obviously a comedic scene
>edgy

Uh?
>>
>>149977734
Don't mind him he's the local shitposter
>>
>>149977438
>>149977569
>>149977718
Whoa. Here I was just assuming it was going to be that she hasn't given up on trying to be his number one and that it's still up in the air, but that's more of a wild ride than I was expecting.

While I'm happy to hear just how much Subaru values her, I'm not happy that it sounds like she's basically been gone since arc 3. My heart can't take that suffering. This had better end happily.

By the way, why are these girls so unable to take care of themselves? Feels like every time he lets one out of his sight they get themselves in serious danger and often killed. This series really shows that all those other isekai protagonists only make it through the hell that is a fantasy world thanks to exceptional luck.
>>
>>149976032

It was different in the LN and made more sense.

But the anime decided to screw it all because whitefox loves emilia.
>>
File: 1475003259155.png (32KB, 275x417px) Image search: [Google]
1475003259155.png
32KB, 275x417px
>>149978804
>This had better end happily
>>
>>149978804
Oh yeah, follow up question. Now I'm curious, does this situation finally give Emilia a chance to shine? Because frankly I find it ridiculous that the events of three episodes were somehow a bigger deal in Subaru's mind than all the stuff he's been through with Rem. My friend theorized that the witch is messing with his head somehow.
>>
>>149978804
They can take care of themselves but considering Rem and Crusch had to fight Gluttony a man who has devoured legendary figures like sword demons and Regulus who genocided an entire city single-handedly, with one of them killing Reinhardt. You can't really do much. Bishops are not to be fucked with.

>Happy ending

M-Me too...
>>
File: 147576757.png (113KB, 895x935px) Image search: [Google]
147576757.png
113KB, 895x935px
>>149979023
>Now I'm curious, does this situation finally give Emilia a chance to shine?

Somewhat, but not enough.

>My friend theorized that the witch is messing with his head somehow.

That's a lot of peoples theories, including WN speculations right now. Reading this passage alone tipped a lot of reader's heads.
>>
>>149979137
>Bishops are not to be fucked with.
Petelgeuse went down pretty easily though.
>>
File: Petelgeuse faces a turd goblin.jpg (372KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Petelgeuse faces a turd goblin.jpg
372KB, 800x1000px
>>149979229
Because his power is having invisible hands, and Subaru could see then, the hands are slow otherwise, so it's not that hard to take down.

If they didn't have someone who could see the hands, or provide information on said hands and how they worked, it wouldn't have been as easy. Plus, they work with surprise attacks, but since Subaru can loop he could counter it. it was hardly "pretty easy".
>>
File: CwgqJ-3UoAAr60_.jpg (26KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
CwgqJ-3UoAAr60_.jpg
26KB, 600x682px
>>149979229
Don't get me started on Betelgeuse. If you want a tragic story he is the man for it. Let's just say, he was incompatible with "Sloth".
>>
>>149978804
They can take care of themselves, but basically:

>Rem was exhausted from the previous fight
>They are assaulted by Regulus who can't be touched and can fuck you up since he can time stop his own body making himself invincible, and even a gust of air from his arm swing in that form can cut buildings
>Crusch loses her arm to said move
>Another bishop strikes from behind eating people not literally, he eats their names and memories and other abstract things
>Rem knows she can't win and buys time for those who could run away by summoning her horn and fighting then briefly, before falling victim to Ley of gluttony and going coma
>>
>>149979378
If only his lover could see what he has become.
>>
>>149979419
She probably already didthere are some hints that Fortuna may have become Sirius of wrath, she has the same eye color as Emilia and fortuna for one, is crazy for Petelgeuse, and her whole body is wraped in bandages, and she's one of the oldest members along with Regulus and Petelgeuse, possibly due to her race living long.
>>
>>149978791
I swear I'm no shitposter. Its just that I guess I've become a bit disenchanted with modern anime. Also, I could tell the scene started off as comedic, but with the bloody barbwired hand and the scream implying something happened to her; That seemed a bit edgy.
>>
Everyone, come here

>>149968577
>>149968577
>>149968577
>>149968577
>>149968577
>>
>>149979482
Stop that
>>
>>149979482
Or, you know. We can have both threads.
>>
>>149977187
>>149977197
>>149979482
Fuck off. Not every thread has to be a general. Sometimes people just want to have a fucking thread.
>>
File: Petelgeuse.png (197KB, 412x549px) Image search: [Google]
Petelgeuse.png
197KB, 412x549px
Why do most people say Petelgeuse was a jobber? Did they forget how hard it was to take him down? Like:

>Has the power to summon multiple invisible hands that can shred even trees and crush people easily
>Proficient with sneak attacks and carries then out even more easily due to his hands
>If dead, he can jump to another body that is compatible with him, the compatibility being a strong connection with spirits
>Is extremely resilient and if his body crumbles he can use his hands to make his destroyed body move

Subaru had to know he was coming, live trouble multiple deaths of his surprise attacks, be able to see the hands, have a counter for the possession, and then luck out that he didn't go completely insane and still cared for Satella in order to use the gospel to lure him and make him get crushed by the carriage's wheel.

Without Subaru to counter him, he would have most likely killed everyone.
>>
>>149975855

Welcome to the world of LIGHT NOVELS. Shit tons of unnecessary craps are added so that they can fill the book's quota.
>>
>>149979735
Oh, grow the fuck up. It's "unnecessary" to you because you can't stand to read anything longer than a pamphlet. God forbid you ever read a REAL novel.
>>
>>149971855
>Welp time to delete it from my hard drive.
While I'm sure you wouldn't have liked it anyway, can I just point out how incredibly stupid it is to change your plans to watch a show solely because of some random post on /a/? That person could have easily been making up some bullshit.
>>
File: 1459110458524.jpg (99KB, 723x691px) Image search: [Google]
1459110458524.jpg
99KB, 723x691px
>>149979735
>LN
>Not WN

Plus the WN was done with Tappei's free-time as a writer. The LN is just a shortened publicized version of it. The LN is actually shorter than the WN in this regard. I also wouldn't call it unnecessary since Tappei fills it with little moments that make you care for the characters and the story. Like take for example how the anime made Rem as "safe" as possible by cutting out chunks of her personality. Like the fact that she bullies Subaru and plays tricks on him, as well as the fact that she is a major opportunist. Like how Subaru in the WN/LN is a heavily flawed human being instead of a irrational sperg, which they couldn't include in the anime because SUbaru literally has chapter long monologues.
>>
>>149979697
He just never shook that one time where Wilhelm killed him in one hit.
>>
>>149980001
With information that Subaru provided then of how his power worked. Without it, even Wilhelm would be in trouble.

>>149979951
The LN is not THAT much shorter, it cuts out unnecessary of repetitive crap, and is more polished in terms of writing.
>>
>>149979414
>>149979137
It's just, the irony of Subaru sending Rem away so she could be safe only for her to end up worse off than if he'd just let her chill with him.
>>
>>149980001
True, also forgetting the fact that Wilhelm beat a Sword Saint and made her his wife, which a lot of people seem to forget.
>>
>>149979476
>scream implying something happened to her; That seemed a bit edgy.
Tell me what you think happened?
>>
>>149980097
Yeah, but in retrospect Subaru made the right decision. I mean, there are very few who can stand against a small veteran army and Crusch. Plus he didn't want Bete touching her again.
>>
>>149979921
Joke's on you, I never deleted it.
>>
>>149980133
I dunno. Never saw the show.
I guess might've just been there to throw the viewer off and cut to a cutesy scene. That, or she dies off screen.
>>
>>149979951
God damn it. I loved the anime but reading all the posts about the WN/LN in this thread is making me feel like an idiot, because the books sound way better. I guess they're so good that it shines through in the anime despite everything.
>>
File: Regulus.jpg (547KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Regulus.jpg
547KB, 960x1200px
>>149980097
Sending her away to the capital is what made sense for her safety, nobody would expect more bishops to show up.

Apparently Regulus said he was there because of a coincidence, while Ley went there to check who killed his "pet" whale.
>>
>>149980275
The anime did an amazing job really, it's just that they couldn't place every little detail in, and some other things are missing too.

It was a close adaptation to the source material, aside from the fact that Rem didn't get to hear Subaru say he loves her too, which could be fixed if they throw an "flashback" to said conversation in case they make another season.
>>
File: Just.png (43KB, 798x439px) Image search: [Google]
Just.png
43KB, 798x439px
>>149979951
I kinda do wish they fleshed out both of their personalities more in the anime. The bantz between the two are just pleasant. Then also comes the headpat and cuddle sessions to really get you going on the tragedy that was about to unfold.
>>
File: Emergency Plan.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Emergency Plan.webm
3MB, 640x360px
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1479563708326.webm
>>149980244
>filename
>shota
>she
He experienced an "eldritch abomination", he saw madness. He doesn't die.
>>
>>149980406
>headpat and cuddle sessions

Huh?
>>
>>149980413
My bad. I didn't even notice the file name. I mean, it seems like a decent show. One of my friends at work recommended it to me. Guess I'm a bit too opinionative in the morning.
>>
File: Rem headpat.png (616KB, 703x885px) Image search: [Google]
Rem headpat.png
616KB, 703x885px
>>149980466
During the time Subaru was recovering after saving Rem and Ram from the monster dogs, she was shown to be super clingy, and would find any excuse to ask for headpats from him, and he did give then. Sometimes it would go for a good while since he liked the sensation too i guess.

Rem does something right? Rem wants some headpats yes? Then the headpat and sometimes slight cuddle session starts.

He even had to try and explain to Emilia it was just him rewarding Rem and not anything else, when she looked at him a little pissed when she noticed dim doing it.
>>
File: 1461220109604.jpg (647KB, 1380x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461220109604.jpg
647KB, 1380x1024px
>>149980466
You heard me

>“And so, Subaru-kun. Don’t you have something to say to say to Rem?”
>“Rem, you’re a supermaid with seriously good timing! I’ve fallen in love with you again!”
>“If you praise me so much I’ll get bothered”
>While the stooge’s stooges were on their toes from Rem’s sudden entrance, Rem and Subaru fell into their normal daily routine. Rem fidgeting from side to side, her face red from Subaru’s praise. The first to act was the big stooge, a vein bulging from listening to the two’s conversation.
>>
Guys, I think Rem is cute but I just can't get into her. I hate her hair.

Is there anyway around this?
>>
https://is.4chan.org/wsg/1479582350368.webm
>>149980552
I don't blame you, modern anime has some shit in it. At least there are some good ones out there.
>>
File: Crusch-sama 6.jpg (193KB, 397x624px) Image search: [Google]
Crusch-sama 6.jpg
193KB, 397x624px
>>149981020

No, like the goddess instead.
>>
>>149981072
I've had my penis stepped on thank you very much, it is not as hot as it sounds.
>>
>>149981104

Crusch-sama won't step on your penis.
>>
>>149980658
>Spoils her
>Has a date with her
>I-Its just me rewarding her I swear!

Also, what irks me is that they didn't establish the Ram/Sub subplot since if we are ever going to get a season 2 that is going to be extremely important as those two ague over mysterious potato a lot.
>>
>>149981162
Given that once you apply any significant force to a step it ceases to be a step, I agree.
>>
>>149981239
which subplot are you talking about? The fact that he loves Rem too? Cause like i said, they could add a "flashback" showing him telling her he loves her as well or something if they want to, or have Subaru realize he loves her on the was to the capital.
>>
>>149981242

Crusch-sama is a gentle goddess.
>>
>>149980275
The adaptation did well enough, but the time-constraints for just 25 episodes probably didn't leave much room having most of the entire anime feel rushed as fuck.
>>
>>149981286
No, no the subplot with Ram and Subaru you know, the whole sister-in-law thing they got going on.
>>
Will we get a second season?
>>
>>149981331
Like i said, flashbacks, or talking about it is enough, it's not THAT important of a detail as much as the fact that Subaru confessed to her too.
>>
>>149981362

Hopefully no, I don't want to see anime onlys memes and Waito Fakkusu skipping things.
>>
>>149980552
You have a friend at work who recommended Stray Dogs? That's surprising. I'd think it's one of those anime that entry-level viewers wouldn't even think to try.
>>
>>149981371
True, still would have like more development for Ram though.

>>149981362
Maybe? In the event they do whoever is animating it will have to backpedal a ton of shit. Like the thing with Al and Priscilla .
>>
>>149981527
>Maybe? In the event they do whoever is animating it will have to backpedal a ton of shit. Like the thing with Al and Priscilla .
Worked for Magi.
>>
File: 1463814808997.jpg (101KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
1463814808997.jpg
101KB, 500x692px
>>149981490
He's been watching anime since Inuyasha came out, so I really wouldn't consider him entry-level. However, he doesn't seem to enjoy enjoy older anime like I do (Lupin, Giant Gorg, Vampire Hunter D).
>>
>>149981594
Don't know how I typed 'enjoy' twice.
>>
>>149981594
I see. To be fair, older anime can be hard to get into, especially since a lot of it comes in pretty bad video quality. But it's cool that you have an IRL friend who actually knows their shit. There's a lot of people out there who you can't get to watch more than the most popular stuff each season, if that.
>>
>>149981550
>Worked for Magi.
Did it really? What exactly did they do with Magi? I never watched it but I remember hearing that S1 butchered the plot then went with some weird-ass anime original stuff, so I was shocked that it actually got an S2. Did S2 miraculously end up being a good adaptation?
>>
>>149981967
I know exactly what you mean. The manager at the deli in my store watches nothing but One Piece and Fairy Tale. He also watches Sailor Moon, but he swears that the series started in the 70s lol
>>
>>149981239
>mysterious potato
Is this some weird nickname for Rem?
>>
>>149981104
>>149981162
>>149981242
>>149981287
What the fuck are these posts? Why would anyone here know what Crusch is like sexually?
>>
>>149983408

Just guessing. Only Ferri knows for sure.
>>
>>149983408
Ignore him, he's the local shiposter in every thread that spams ferris and crusch everywhere
>>
>>149983913

Only 2 of those posts were mine
>>
>>149983503
>>149983913
Why Ferris? Doesn't Felis make more sense, since he's a cat and all?
>>
File: Volume 4 inside.png (301KB, 388x468px) Image search: [Google]
Volume 4 inside.png
301KB, 388x468px
>>149984055

Ask Tappei
>>
>>149984084
To be fair that is cursive so it could very well be an L.
>>
File: Vol 4 inside 2.png (542KB, 668x768px) Image search: [Google]
Vol 4 inside 2.png
542KB, 668x768px
>>149984186
>>
>>149984260
Good old Clusch.
>>
>>149979328
Emilia + Puck solo'd him tho, she used little ice crystals to reveal the hands position.
>>
>>149984421
Yeah but Puck is literally God.
>>
>>149984084
Anyway, with this in mind my theory is that Nagatsuki knew Felis was a little too on the nose so he exoticified it.
>>
>>149984421
Puck has fought Satella before, obviously he's much stronger than any archbishop.
>>
>>149984575

Or he went to Google translator and tried what the Japanese word translated there. Who knows.
>>
File: frodo.jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
43KB, 600x599px
Why didn't Subaru just make a gun?
>>
>>149984729
dumb frodo poster
>>
>>149984729
What if Emilia had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOLCXPRg650
>>
File: ferisu.jpg (17KB, 659x228px) Image search: [Google]
ferisu.jpg
17KB, 659x228px
>>149984712
Well, first of all, he definitely didn't do that.

Second, you need to give Japanese people more credit. Just because you don't know their language doesn't mean they don't know yours. People are, in fact, capable of learning multiple languages.
>>
>>149984729
Because he wouldn't know how. The nigga could barely make mayonnaise. A shitty matchlock peashooter is the best he could hope to make if he spends his whole paycheck on it and finds some weaponsmith willing to humor him. When people say gun they mean a nice modern one that can fire more than a couple of rounds per minute. You're probably better off learning how to lob fireballs.
>>
File: finland ferri.png (10KB, 769x206px) Image search: [Google]
finland ferri.png
10KB, 769x206px
>>149985007

Oh
>>
>>149985077
Yeah good thing Nagatsuki is fucking Finnish because that is completely relevant to this conversation.
>>
File: bingo.png (9KB, 788x254px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
9KB, 788x254px
>>149985140

This is what Bing says
>>
What are you guys going on about. Remember that L/R aren't distinct in Japanese so neither one is wrong.
>>
>>149985284

Yes we know that
>>
>>149985180
I know someone in Finland and I'm gonna have him beat you up if you don't shut your goddamn mouth.
>>
>>149985579

O-oh...
>>
>>149985284
But that is irrelevant when the name is written in English. In the first place, it is not a Japanese name.
>>
>>149985632

And still Pack became Puck
>>
Real question is, how do you get Lewes from リューズ ???
>>
>>149985755
I think it's the best option translators could think of and thought she would have a western name like the rest of the cast. Her official name is Ryuzu but that was revealed well after most translators had named her Lewes in their stuff.
>>
File: Crusch and Felix 27.png (42KB, 1088x989px) Image search: [Google]
Crusch and Felix 27.png
42KB, 1088x989px
OTP
>>
Get me a Crusch X Ferri vanilla doujin NOW!!!!!
>>
>>149970035
How does one stay in control of script? The OreImo episide where they were adapting Kirino's WN made it look like producers are free to do what they want.
>>
>>149970035

Because a lot of companies like Aniplex for example love to get the original author to write scripts for anime adaptations despite most never having written for TV before in even a limited capacity because it provides authenticity to their target audiences of obsessive fanboys who can then feel free to go ahead and buy the merchandise knowing that the original shitty author they worship has given his direct seal of approval to the adaptation. This is how we end up with things like that complete amateur writer Jin guy writing terrible scripts for that Mekaku City Actors TV show, Jun Maeda writing scripts for Charlotte despite failing miserably already with Angel Beats and showing himself unfit for writing TV scripts (I still think one of the main reasons Clannad and Kanon 2006 turned out passable aside from plausible episode counts and staff that gave a shit was not letting an amateur write the scripts) or whatever the fuck made anyone think Qualidea Code was a good idea. Like hey lets have 3 rank amateur writers with completely different hits and style in the print format handle scripts for a 12 episode TV show at the same time. Kadokawa/Media Factory seems to have had more common sense at least with Re:Zero and it sold more than most recent LN stuff that I can recall so maybe the retarded industry besides Aniplex will clue in more now....maybe.

Realistically the industry just needs to stop following Aniplex's terrible ideas on anything like it feels they have been. Yes they got a little lucky with things like Madoka and Fate/Zero and Monogatari early on in the decade for example in that they hooked a lot of absolute fanatics with some stealth marketing and Gen Urobuchi turned out some passable scripts despite being more of a visual novel writer at the time but for the most part they have terrible ideas for making quality television and are just relying on event tickets.
>>
>OP proposes a pretty decent topic about script writing in LN adaptations particularly by recent /a/ standards
>Fuck that we can't have fresh discussions, commence with the standard pointless arguing and waifu chat redux because /a/ can't understand the OP's topic.
>>
>>149987769
I'd rather hve a scriptwriter who hasn't been tainted with writhing by the book, thanks.
>>
be the original author

make it super-apparent Emilia is a shallow plot device who exists just to give Subaru a flimsy reason to keep waking up in the morning even though I mean holy shit he only spent like 5 minutes total with her the whole rest of the story after that first episode's first day

then make it blatant that shawty lil qt supportive best girl Rem who is sitting beside you is TOP WAIFU even if she occasionally tries to murder you

also, just a random thing you might like to know, is that clowns have HUGE cocks.
>>
>>149989502
He made it apparent that Emilia was this huge emotional crutch for being trapped in another world at the beginning of the third arc as Subaru found less and less reason to get in her business, but that wasn't included because they wanted to get to the castle and witch cult parts are fast as possible. I think they should have merged scenes so they could include it or do some really on the nose anime original shit to make this more apparent. Although I don't like Emilia as a love interest Subaru did spend a lot of time with her through dead timelines in the mansion arc and there was a little over a month before they went back to the capital. He also wasn't doing the mansion arc for the only erufu but to replicate his collective friendship successes from the first loop.
>>
>>149990035
And on that note. I felt that it was adapted almost too faithfully in some parts because they cut stuff out and you lose some pretty good, and almost necessary insight. Some brand new stuff after the first arc to remind viewers Car-kun's still delusional would have been nice. The first arc had plenty and that's because he hadn't died yet but people's memories aren't the best.
>>
>>149977618
i actually thought the scene was pretty cool, it played off of the notion that the monsters in love-crafts books can turn people insane/mad just by looking at them, so it was a perfect opportunity to use a mind reader to look into his mind and be destroyed by the madness inside.
>>
>>149970035
So he deliberately cut out Rem romance scenes?

Why does he like Emelia so much? Does he have a fetish for boring pretty girls?
>>
>>149990644
They got cut because he would have had to include the other half of the ending. Otherwise everyone would be saying: "Why did he confess to Emilia after confessing to Rem!?" and the actual ending addresses that and introduces a big twist. White Fox didn't want to commit to S2. I mean he wrote those scenes in the first place and continues to remind us how Subaru feels about her so it's not like he's against Rem.
>>
>>149990644
That wasn't Tappei, that was whitefox.

In the WN and LN he gives a lot of focus for Rem too.
>>
>>149979597
Why do we need two threads to go over Re: Zero stuff?
>>
>>149983913
Almost as bad as that dude that keeps posting Rem everywhere.

That one dude being everyone else.
>>
>>149994130
That's honestly not catfag's problem. It's the way he goes about it and his tendency to spam in other ways like begging for a drawfag to come back, reposting getfaggotry caps, talking about 'bros' or 'bullies' without prompting, and plastering some jii.moe OC over and over. Textbook tripfag without a trip.
>>
>>149970035
>Emilia with tits

Is this a meme?
>>
File: For my bros.png (234KB, 1721x2473px) Image search: [Google]
For my bros.png
234KB, 1721x2473px
I'm gonna share this here too!

To show my love for you all, I poured all my drawing skills into this pretty picture of Rem!! I hope you like it!!
>>
>>149987769
First of all, Mekaku is much, much more complicated than the average anime, so having somebody else write the script could turn out just as bad. Secondly, Angel Beats was a huge success. It being a failure is an /a/ meme.
>>
>>149970243
>Obviously there's going to be an S2
>picking up where S1 ended
Either never happening or show me some miracle that wont make non-spoilerfags immediately drop the show
>>
File: 4urdrem.png (2MB, 1294x939px) Image search: [Google]
4urdrem.png
2MB, 1294x939px
>>149983408
do not lewd Fourier's was-to-be Queen
Make some witch shit happen to bring him back
>>
>>149970035
The more time I have to reflect on this show the more I realized I loved the first 18 episodes. Like, a lot. It's really good.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.