[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a distinct lack of operating in anime in the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Canaan.jpg (3MB, 5830x3529px) Image search: [Google]
Canaan.jpg
3MB, 5830x3529px
There's a distinct lack of operating in anime in the past some years generally when we had Jormungand, Canaan, Black Lagoon, etc. type of shows around.years ago.

How can we remedy this situation to the nips?
>>
>>149881792
i dunno man. world needs more blagoon.
>>
If Canaan and Jormungand are the best of recent "operator anime", then I'm glad it's dead. The days of Gunsmith Cats and Black Lagoon are over. Hell, I'd even take Madlax or boring-ass Noir over Canaan and Jormungand.
>>
I'd rather have actual cartoony animation than fucking animation of people operating.

There's little worse than seeing a cartoon get squandered on shit that is far easier to do in live action, which would look much better to boot.
>>
>>149883644
Disagree, anime operating can be made look good. Like the anon above with Gunsmith Cats example, since it was a three episode OVA series.
>>
All those shows you listed were years apart. There's never been that many to begin with. You might get one every 3-4 years.

The attention to detail in Canaan was great though. The guns, the reloads, all of it.
>>
I am still waiting for an anime where the protag knows Mozambique Drill. It looks great Stylized ( John Wick) and grounded (Collateral) i want to see it done in anime.
>>
>>149883416
What's wrong with Jormungand?
>>
>>149881792
"operating"?

Should there be a few extra words?
>>
>>149884170
Operators operating operations
>>
File: Katyusha_vodka.png (448KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Katyusha_vodka.png
448KB, 768x768px
I remember Canaan, it was crap.

And Jormungand, I dropped it after that episode where a character charged someone firing at them with a submachine gun and succeeded.

You'll find better "operating" on Girls und Panzer.
>>
File: Mezzo.jpg (19KB, 236x402px) Image search: [Google]
Mezzo.jpg
19KB, 236x402px
Want a sequel to Mezzo Forte.
>>
>>149884287
So Kite
>>
Enjoy your Under the Dog.
>>
>>149884257

Of course it was crap, it was written by Mari Okada.
>>
>>149884447
She was series composer, but the actual story was written by Nasu and Takeuchi. Which explains it even more.
>>
when's upotte season 2?
>>
>>149884372
Kite came first though
>>
>>149884701
>but the actual story was written by Nasu
No it wasn't. The script was entirely Okada. Nasu doesn't write anime (not until Extra next year at least).
>>
>>149884287
It got one. Look up Mezzo DSA.
>>
File: GunsmithCatsChase01.png (267KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GunsmithCatsChase01.png
267KB, 640x480px
>>149883416
>Gunsmith Cats
YES
>>
What the hell is Sonoda up to these days, aside from lusting after little girls and wishing he was American?
>>
>>149885429
>Driving a ferd
Why does she have such shit taste
>>
File: GunsmithCatsSickened.png (296KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GunsmithCatsSickened.png
296KB, 640x480px
>>149885512
>Shelby Cobra GT
>Shit Taste
>>
>>149881792
Well there was that one from like a year back that we thought would be >Operator, but turned out to be shounen-shit powerlevel wanking with edgy as fuck not-hotel-moscow.

What was that shit called again?
>>
>>149887073
Gansta?
>>
>>149881792
>black lagoon
>operating
>>
There was that one scene in GATE S2.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.