[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everyone said Shaft was going to fuck up with 3-gatsu >they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 3-gatsu-no-lion-ep1-vox-artes-1.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3-gatsu-no-lion-ep1-vox-artes-1.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>everyone said Shaft was going to fuck up with 3-gatsu
>they're actually doing a good job
>now no one mentions the show again
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>149810751
Because 3 gatsu is boring and gay
>>
>>149810778
YOU are boring and gay
>>
It's not that great of an anime. Yeah, visually it's pretty interesting. But not even shaft could save this series.
>>
File: 432.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>good job
>>
>>149810751
The last two episodes have been an interesting shift back towards more of shaft's "traditional" style. The pacing might be a bit slow, but overall this has been a pretty good adaptation.
>>
It's actually good so it's hard for /a/ to shitpost about it.
>>
>Im the cuckoo
>>
>>149810751
>everyone said Shaft was going to fuck up with 3-gatsu
>they're actually doing a good job

It would be better without the retarded Shaftisms they force into it.
>>
>>149810985
There was an interesting translation of an interview with Shinbo published recently
https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/11/15/interview-akiyuki-shinbo-animage-february-2005vol-320/

It is quite interesting in illuminating Shinbo's job as Chief Director.

>Shinbo: Hmmm… I don’t tell them much, more like, it’s better to mix participating staffer’s feelings, not only mine.
>Shinbo: After all, I think it’s good that animation is made with all the staff’s strength. Use what I’ve done as an example and leave the rest to others. So if it becomes something new again, then that’s exciting. I really don’t want to say that ‘it’s not good to do it this way’. Even if I said it, it’s boring.

So the whole idea that floats about that SHAFT just has its directors imitate Shinbo and put a bit of themselves into it seems to be quite true. Also some other interesting parts of his philosophy that you can really see in SHAFT work:

>Shinbo: That’s right. Unless a background only cut looks interesting, there is no need to make a background. I talked about it with Tetsura-san. If a scene shows someone’s house, then it’s shown as background only. But if that picture is boring, then just putting a caption of ‘certain someone’s house’ is good enough, isn’t it? Because animation is made with pictures, it’s better making a show without such part. Even now it has remained as my theme.
>>
>>149811360
>force
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>149811024
That's not how it works. Being good or bad has almost zero bearing on the shitposting going on the threads.
What truly matters is how popular it is in the west or even just within 4chan. The more popular, the more shitposted.
>>
>>149811024
There's plenty of SHAFT-haters shitposting with vague insults that anyone with 2 brain cells can tell that they haven't watched the show.
>>
>>149811036
XD
>>
>>149811620
That they feel out of place, and seem to serve no other purpose than adding some Shaft trademark elements into it.
>>
>>149811388
>then just putting a caption of ‘certain someone’s house’ is good enough, isn’t it? Because animation is made with pictures, it’s better making a show without such part. Even now it has remained as my theme.
So that's the reasaon
>>
>>149812308
That's like saying a cubist painter should only paint certain subjects in his cubist style. It's nonsense. You can say the style isn't the best for portraying the subject matter but to say it's forced in that sense is missing the point. People go to SHAFT because they want that stuff in their adaptation.
>>
>>149812353
If it's boring it's pointless so why bother making it if it's not adding something essentially. So either they have interesting backgrounds like the monogatari houses or just make them nondescript I guess the same can apply to background characters that are just outlines too.
>>
>>149812353
>So that's the reasaon
So SHAFT basically focus on narration rather than worldbuilding. Instead of portraying a living and breathing world that carries on outside the protagonists' view, they rather that everything either is plot related, or just interesting to look at even if it made no logical sense. That's not a wrong choice, just a decision they made as a company. And they found a niche for themselves doing that.
>>
>>149812788
SHAFTED.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.