[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LoGH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 43534534534.jpg (112KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
43534534534.jpg
112KB, 600x800px
Are the novels worth reading or are they just the anime story with garbage prose?
>>
wondering this too
>>
This is an actual novel, so probably worth giving it a shot.
>>
I've read the first 2 since they're out in english, and I like them enough. Some things to keep in mind

>the history episode is the prolouge to the first book, to get all of the Goldenbaum stuff out of the way
>it goes a little more into detail about Yang's father and how he shaped Yang as a person
>Bittenfeld is Wittenfeld, though it's pronounced as Vittenfeld

Otherwise the anime is a pretty faithful adaptation. If you liked the anime you'll probably like the books.
>>
Also, the books are OBSESSED with how handsome Reinhard is. Plus the books sometimes make you forget what century it takes place in

Vol 1 Chapter 6
>Every last one of Friedrich IV's nine brothers and sisters were dead. Starting with his empress, Friedrich had impregnated six women for a total of 28 times, but there had been six miscarriages and nine stillbirths, and of the thirteen who had been born, four had died before their first birthday, five had died before reaching adulthood, and two had died as adults.
>The first was that the emperor, having been through the deaths of many mistresses in difficult past childbirths, feared losing Annerose and had never made her pregnant. Another factor in that decision was pressure from aristocrats concerned about the succession struggle that might ensue if Annerose were to give birth. From Reinhard's standpoint, the thought of his sister bearing the emperor's child was too disgusting to even contemplate.

So this is a future where they cured cancer centuries ago, yet child mortality has been set back to preindustrial standards?
>>
Also taken from the book
>Reinhard stretched out his long, supple fingers and playfully tugged at his best friend's hair, as red as if dyed with molten rubies. Reinhard would do this sort of thing from time to time when no one else was around. During his boyhood, he would describe Kircheis's hair according to his whim: whenever they were quarreling - a state that never lasted very long - he would say mean things like, "What's with that red hair? It looks like blood." Then after they made up, he would praise it, calling it "really pretty, like a burning flame."

Now we know Kircheis wanted to give it to Annerose all night long, but are we SURE Hildegard wasn't a beard?
>>
>>149767854
Assassination.
>>
The books are enjoyable, but I'd also suggest grabbing the audiobook version. The narrator is absolutely grating and mispronounces quite a few things. It's fun if you've already read it or seen the series.
>>
>>149766926
Dude looks like a mannequin.
>>
>>149768124
There's a reason why LOGH is a fujo series anon
>>
>>149766926
They're alright. If you like LotGH and you like to read sci-fi, you'll probably enjoy them.

If you like LotGH and you don't like to read books, you probably won't like them.

If you like to read sci-fi and you've never heard of LotGH and you just happen upon the books, you'll probably find them somewhat middling.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.