[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /a/ think of the first Ghost in the Shell (1995)? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: m.jpg (539KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
539KB, 667x1000px
What did /a/ think of the first Ghost in the Shell (1995)? Is it really a masterpiece?
>>
I watched it again earlier today, it's a great film for sure.
>>
>>149737762
>>149737709

It's good but SAC was still better. I don't blame the movie though as there's only so much shit you can cram into a few hours
>>
>>149737838
The movie was dense yet extremely concise, what did you think was sacrificed due to its length?
>>
>>149737709
Yes
>>
I rewatched it today as well. I think its a wonderful film that nails its tone and atmosphere. I like SAC alot to, its characters feel more relatable and it is probably more entertaining. Tho theres just something special about the film that puts it above the tv series for me. I think I just have a soft spot for Oshii's method of storytelling
>>
>>149738097
>its characters feel more relatable

Explain to me how the average NEET can relate to anyone from section 9?
>>
>>149738212

Robotic personalities
Not really all that social
Personal lives revolve around doing their hobbies solo
Lonely
And for the most part question their existence and why they are there in the first place.
>>
>>149737762
>>149738097
I also watched it again today- man I forgot how good the film looks. The visual work was the main reason behind me watching SAC and onward.
>>
>>149737709
Yeah, it really is. It is so far beyond both the source material and scope of what anime ever tries to be that it is kind of in a class of its own really. Oshii is the true hero we should look to to save anime. He did things ranging from GitS to Urusei Yatsura to Patlabor, Angel's Egg etc. Dude is a fucking god as far as I'm concerned.
>>
is SAC a continuation or re telling of GitS?
i remember watching random episodes of SAC on adult swim but never watched the whole series
>>
>>149737709
i prefer SAC

GitS still visually superior though
>>
>>149737709
>masterpiece
Its very well animated, and a pretty good film, but its nowhere near a masterpiece.

SAC is leagues better even if it didn't have the budget for movie animation.
>>
>>149738761
it's its own thing, iirc
it's a separate continuity but it's not really a retelling
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.