[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people pretend to like the films of Oshii? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: memeru oshitty.jpg (54KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
memeru oshitty.jpg
54KB, 960x540px
Why do people pretend to like the films of Oshii? Is it because they think it makes them mature?
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>149710815
>>
>>149710815
>>
>>149710815
>>
>>149710815
>>
>>149710720
Oshii is real poetry. He is everything that Shinkai wanted to be.
>>
>>149710720
I got a minor in film. I've seen some pretty crazy eclectic stuff over the years, some of it good, some of it very good, some of it amazingly good. That's what film school is like. You end up watching only the best things man made in the last century.

Except La Roue. La Roue was crap. Ok, it wasn't that bad but it's 6 hours of DRAMA. You kind of just go nuts after awhile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Roue

Oshii is inaccessible to beginners. You can't just jump into it and enjoy it. Building on film theory over time, watching some of the best films in history, then coming to Oshii you can really appreciate his art.

I'm not saying you're dumb at all. I'm saying you haven't taken the time to study film. If you take that time I'm sure you can appreciate him too.
>>
>>149710815
>>
Reminder that Oshii didn't write most of the 2deep4u dialogue that gets attributed to him.
>>
>>149712062
I think people appreciate him for how good an anime director he is.

It never even crossed my mind that he might have wrote the dialogues himself, that's not what directors do usually.
>>
>>149710720
He makes things interesting and knows how to create atmosphere. But even though there are a lot of explosions, his films demand patience.

Sometimes he goes buttshit insane, like with Innocence. That movie was like a Oshii parody.

Also this: >>149710815
>>
Oshii should stick to animation. His live action output ain't half as good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.