[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Shinsekai Yori. Anyone want to talk about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

I just finished Shinsekai Yori. Anyone want to talk about it?

It might be in my top 10 now. It's that good.
>>
>>149641640
I watched it last week. It's damn good.
>>
Squealer did nothing wrong.
>>
It started off nicely for me but it just bored me at some point.
>>
It was pretty gay.
>>
>>149641967
Only like episode 5(?). There was foreshadowing of how gay they'd get but it was still hard to watch.
>>
Really liked the first half because it seemed to be building up to something very interesting which I was looking for, but the second half didnt really go into the kind of direction I was hoping for and underwhelmed me a bit.
>>
Now go read the novel OP
>>
>>149641640
Squaler's dream will never be forgotten!
>>
Now go read the novels.
>>
Liked 天使の囀り and 黒い家
>>
>>149641640
It's my all time favourite show, I've watched it 3 times.
>>
File: 1376194721120.png (2MB, 1280x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1376194721120.png
2MB, 1280x1284px
>>149641874
>>
>>149641640
Haven't watched it in a while, might need to re-watch it. I really enjoyed it from start to finish although the first 3-4 episodes felt really slow/dialogue heavy from what I can remember.
>>
>>149641874
Came here to post this
>>
>>149642585
Yeah, the MC is ded when she give birth to her baby right?
Thank god, they're not adapt that scene.
>>
Great series for sure.
>>
Shinsekai Yori is a exemplar of tell don't show.
>>
>>149641640
Esper powers triggering an apocalyptic war, and then sub-consciously turning the outside world into some horror zone.

It was surprisingly not that bleak despite all that.
>>
>>149641967
It wasn't that gay, they decided to show us a big part if not the most important part of their society in a single episode instead of throw it at our faces through the whole series, it was perfectly done and totally necessary.
Remember that in the book Saki found Shun and Satoru doing the loudest 69 you can image.
>>
>>149642995
>>149642585
oh, did they finish translating them?
>>
>>149650240
http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/category/news/
>>
>>149641640
Older Saki does things to me that I cannot explain. Truly one of the best MCs in anime.
>>
>>149651977
Her character design was great. In the novels she supposed to just be average looking, so I'm glad the anime took liberties with that.
>>
Literal garbage. Saki was and a shallow cheating depraved fucking whore. She was the real antagonist of the story. It's also clear the author of the story hated lesbians. Because he brutalized Maria.

Saki sucks Satoru's shota dick, then kisses Maria with the same mouth.
Saki sees Satoru sucking Shun's dick, goes and fucks Maria while thinking about Shun's dick.
Saki abandons Maria is the wilds to go with Satoru back to the village when he was already safe.
Saki knew Squealer forced Maria to breed for the sake of making human weapons, then killed her, and she let him him out of his suffering.
Saki blames Maria for all the suffering that happened to the village.

Saki is a cunt.
>>
>>149652732
Maria was shit and doomed humanity because she couldn't leave her beat orbiter by himself. Saki made the right decision getting with best boy Satoru.
>>
Very good show. Its in my top 10 for sure
>>
I talked about this show so much when it aired that I don't really have much to say about it. Top 10 for sure.
>>
>>149641640
Squealer did nothing wrong
>>
>>149641640
I finished it months ago and it is in my top 10. One of the best speculative stories I know, I love the way it explores a future where the past has been alomost totally lost but people are forced to live in fear of the remnants of it. Add to that some of the most effective uses of shot composition, imagery, editing and sound that I've ever seen and it's an amazing series. A-1 Pictures is like a randomiser like where you're never really sure what you're gonna get out of it. It could be trash like SAO, GATE, etc, or it could be a fucking masterpiece like this.

>>149652141
She still doesn't look that different from the other characters due to the undetailed art style. The art is the worst thing about the show, but I end up forgetting about it because every other visual aspect of the show is so great.
>>
>>149641640
Yes

>>149641874
"No"
>>
>>149650240
Yes

Some dedicated person spent 3.5 years of their life translating it. And the translation is great.

You can also download it to your phone for easy reading on trains.
>>
>>149655740
>The art is the worst thing about the show

It is unique. I personally like it. The character outfits were really cool, and some of the scenery art was amazing.

Reminded me of Code Geass's or Flip Flappers unique styles.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1136x640px
>>149641874
WE WUZ NINGENZ
>>
>>149652141
>In the novels she supposed to just be average looking,

But not plain looking. It describes her as someone who you wouldn't notice in a crowd. Also, multiple people find her attractive enough.

I like the fact SSY didn't try to have only cute girls and handsome guys. Very few tropes. It was a unique anime and novel.
>>
>>149641640
SSY honestly reminds me of the movie remake of Lolita. I can't really tell if I thought it was good or bad but I felt thoroughly confused and guilty at the end. Same kind of feeling when you fail a test or crash a car or something. Just confused and distraught in general.

I mean it wasn't a GOOD show at all, but it certainly wasn't bad. But it still made me feel things, albeit, very weird things.

Also Squealer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>149656828
Hmmm I simply felt like SSY was an anime unlike any other. I can't think of how to describe it or analogize it.

Nonetheless, the "going home" music still comforts and haunts me to this day. And ringtones remind me of the ending music.
>>
File: 767.jpg (95KB, 897x869px) Image search: [Google]
767.jpg
95KB, 897x869px
>>149656977
>the "going home" music

Dude that's the boring part. Whenever I listen to any of Dvorak's symphonies, I pretty much just always skip right to the finale and pretend that I've been sitting there for 45 minutes. That's how classical music is MEANT to be listened to.
>>
>>149641640
/a/ dropped it when it went full blown gay so no ones going to talk about it.
I finished it but the second half was shit.
>>
>>149656977
Did you know some cities in Japan actually do play "Going Home" every day at 5:00 to test their emergency broadcast speakers? The children are told that it's supposed to be a reminder to head home before dark.
>>
Something something watashitachi ningen da
>>
>>149641640
I just recently finished it too, fantastic.
>>
>>149641640
It was like the anime version of The Giver.
>>
Okay /a/, sell me this series. I dropped it after that weird library creature appeared.
The general aesthetic was repulsive (the rats, the library thing) and it felt like it was very forced in an oriental fashion to make it look more original than the generic scifi dystopia (the buildings, the clothes, the policemen or whatever with monk clothes, etc). All those flashbacks with ninjas killing psycho Nip Emperor telepaths. Just why? It was just a big mix of shitty imagery.
The big mystery from the first part (what happens to deviant children, why is every adult an asshole, where did the squealer rats or whatever come from) was basically spelled out. And then the rats started playing a big role. So another battle of the oppressed? Shock value?
Not even a GOD tier OST could save this.
>>
Mediocre directing with poorly handled human characters and some parts stretched for much longer than needed. Last episode is 10/10 but most of the praise goes to the original book.
>>
File: 1458078881326.jpg (100KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1458078881326.jpg
100KB, 1024x576px
It's a pretty solid 7/10. If it's in your top10 you should watch more anime.
>>
>>149660465
What are your top 3?
>>
>>149660547

Code Geass
Toradora
Spice&Wolf
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.