[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think about Concrete Revolutio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 76143.jpg (76KB, 310x450px) Image search: [Google]
76143.jpg
76KB, 310x450px
What does /a/ think about Concrete Revolutio?
>>
>>149626899
Episode 9 is the best. Earth-chan is the best. Why didn't we get more Earth-chan?
>>
I really liked it.
>>
File: CUBnMMrVEAA0Gam.jpg orig.jpg (36KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
CUBnMMrVEAA0Gam.jpg orig.jpg
36KB, 854x480px
Threads for it were mostly good. Talking about all the social issues, the historic events, the references to old shows that are all symbolized in form of the struggles between the different superhuman beings representing different issues and ideologies was a joy.

For a show that includes dorky shapeshifting ghosts, ultramen, kaijuus, witches powered by hopes and dreams, cars gattai-ing with toy planes into a flying mecha, little boys born from a nuclear explosion that never happened, time-travelers saving the day by paradoxing himself out of the timeline and so on, Concrete Revolutio does deserve to be labelled a "mature animu for mature viewers".
That is not necessarily a positive thing, since it does mean that you have to be focused on old things to be interested in the themes that the show presents, and thus, you need to be patient.

On the other hand, it still had nice flashy animation sequences and cool fights for those who don't really want to bother with characters talking about the social issues and woes of their time.

Concrete Revolutio is practically the Cool Japan project in anime form. A spectacular failure, but something that one shouldn't miss out.

Also, Earth-chan a cutest.
>>
I feel like Bones should have hired a writer or two.
>>
>>149627353
>Historical references
what kind of history exactly? I'm not really a history buff but your comment has me intrigued.
>>
Good. Jirozilla movie never
>>
>>149627636
Concrete Revolutio is set in an alternate world of ours around the late 60s to early 70s, but where superbeings have always been real and did in fact influence events happening.

From World War 2, the Beatles playing at Budokan, the Shinjuku riots, the Olympics, Japanese communist terrorist cells attempting to destroy the train of the Emperor and bombing the Mitsubishi building, the Vietnam War, to the oil crisis, it's all there.
The show is about world events as viewed by the Japanese living from around that time.
>>
>>149626899
It's good.
>>
>>149627636
In almost all ConRevo-threads, there was an anon who posted a huge timeline chart and the real-world representation of that. It had lots, from the obvious (the Great War is of course WW 2), the details (giant beasts stand in for weapons of mass destruction), to the really obscure (Jiro remarking how difficult it is to get ramen).
>>
>>149626899
I enjoyed it. Mostly forgot it in crowd of seasonal shows. However it is on my rewatch list. I liked the OP's and ED's. It had everything I like from kaiju, mecha, power suits, and boobs.
>>
>>149627636
>>149628291
The complete chart:
http://imgur.com/a/soWFk
>>
>>149629287
Great job, anon.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-05-03-15h43m47s452.png (660KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-03-15h43m47s452.png
660KB, 1280x720px
>>149626899
Underrated, I loved it. I'm glad to see the chart finished, too.
>>
AOTY 2015 and one of the best this year. Kikko a cute. Emi a shit.
>>
>>149627372
I feel like you should buy a brain or two.
>>
>>149627327
She became scrap metal.
>>
The episodes were of varying quality but the amount of thought, fantasy and passion put into the the show's world and themes really made me fall in love with it.
The ending felt a bit rushed though.
>>
>>149629287
>all this shit that would go way over my head
I want to watch it but I feel like it'd be wasted on me.
>>
>>149631437
Could you post it?
>>
>>149632496
Read the thread.
>>
>>149632489
Those are mostly just easter eggs of pop reference from that era though.
It doesn't hurt even if you missed most of them.
>>
>ninja cop gets melted
>not a single goddamn person cares
>>
>>149632872
Good riddance, he's a dick anyway.
>>
File: earthchan.png (302KB, 2000x1909px) Image search: [Google]
earthchan.png
302KB, 2000x1909px
>>149627327

First post best post
>>
>>149626899
It was pretty damn amazing, too bad the guest writers episodes of S2 wasted a ton of time that could have go for the finale, also Earth-chan is best girl.
>>
>>149632872
Lived in the shadow of Satomi, died at the hands and the whims of Satomi. As befits the sad life of a shinobi.

At least Satomi got punished.
>>
>>149626899
It was fun, wish there was more like it.
>>
Figures never
>>
>>149626899
sloppy and boring, basically a lackluster Samurai Flamenco
>>149631439
You spelled Aquarion Logos wrong
>>
>>149626899
It was a hot mess but also an obvious passion project. I am a sucker for that. I'm going to miss Jiro, Kikko, Raito and all those other crazy misfits.
>>
>>149631439
One of the best part about the series was that Kikko started in the series at 16, and ended up being around 28/29. I like how they actually changed how she looked, she filled out well.
>>
>>149637205
It will be bittersweet when Kikko becomes old and infirm, while Jiro masters the energy inside him like Satomi and halts his aging process forever.
>>
I marathoned the first season and really enjoyed it, but only watched one episode of the second before I stopped for some reason. I really need to watch the rest of it soon, it was one of the most interesting anime I've seen recently.
>>
Raito was best boy.
>>
it was bad and every other minute was just screaming about MUH SUPERHUMANS

there was no real plot s1 because it was focused on the 1-5 minute before the ep or after the ep where it was placed in the future

and it was extremely sloppy
>>
File: CUljFDNUkAA8jPT.jpg orig.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CUljFDNUkAA8jPT.jpg orig.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>149639226
But you loved it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.