[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this show still so good after 20 years and countless rewatches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Cowboy-bebop-754433.jpg (62KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy-bebop-754433.jpg
62KB, 350x254px
Why is this show still so good after 20 years and countless rewatches? Just hnnnnnnnggggg. If it was a person, I'd fuck it ragged
>>
>>149625671
Nostalgia glasses.
>>
I'm watching it for the first time, and it's just okay to me. Outlaw Star was better.
>>
>>149625671
A timeless aesthetic and cool factor.
>>
i think good anime pre-2000's had a more cinematic feel because directors utilized cinematography/drew influence from films as opposed to contemporary anime being directed as, for lack of a better explanation, contemporary anime.

while we get really cool, flashy scenes like in mob psycho, i think the direction behind older anime was created with the idea of filming behind a camera so there was an emphasis on stylized shots & composition while nowadays animation is in the perspective of an unrestrained/unrealistic (not a bad thing) camera. not to say that there wasn't unrealistic, flashy scenes back then; i just think that subtlety in screen composition is rare with current anime, which is a shame because it would make things a lot more tasteful

i'm not well-versed in film terminology so i'm sorry i cant explain it very well
>>
>>149626278
>i just think that subtlety in screen composition is rare with current anime
It was rare with older anime too.
>>
>>149625671
For one thing the music was top teir, Yoko Hano and The Seatbelts were top kek
>>
>>149626278
This seems like a pretty ridiculous claim to me, honestly. Unrealism and exaggeration has been one of the major features of anime, subtlety in composition was always quite rare, and the idea of "filming behind a camera" was never really a common approach - I'd argue that the stuff Yamada and some of the other KyoAni guys are doing now makes current anime much closer to that approach than it ever was before.
>>
>>149625671
Because it had a bit of every flavor mixed with a Japanese interpretation of western film. Intense action, tragedy, cuteness, comedy, horror, sexiness, mystery and even some paranormal and it executed them all at least decently. Having an all-star VA cast and a god-tier OST didn't hurt either.
>>
>>149627882
I know the camerafag thing in KyoAni started with Ishihara, but I love how Yamada took it so much further.
>>
>>149625671
>Why is this show still so good after 20 years and countless rewatches? Just hnnnnnnnggggg. If it was a person, I'd fuck it ragged
Anime is degrading quickly.

Look at modern neo-/a/. It says that generic utter garbage like RE;Zero is anime of the year.
>>
I outgrew it. It's not that great like it used to be. Better stuff came out over time.
>>
>>149625671
I didn't like it and dropped it. I've tried to watch it a couple of times but could never get through it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.