[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other dubs that are way better than the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (384KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
384KB, 640x480px
Are there any other dubs that are way better than the original or is this basically it?
>>
>>149624765

Have you seen Samurai Pizza Cats or Dual Masters?
>>
>>149624790
Yes and no in that order.
>>
>>149624765
Zoids CC?
>>
>>149624817

well you should get on that.
>>
Dubs will become good when the American dubbers stop treating anime like cartoons. I don't want my women sound like an older woman obviously pretending to sound "young" - which fucking grates my ears. Same with the men - why can't they just use their normal voices, instead of constantly acting over the top (this is sometimes good, but it has its' time and place) ?
In both cases - they speak too cleanly, almost as if targeting children. Clean as not in speech that doesn't have obscene words, but speech that sounds too "perfect" - so it can be understood by kids.
>>
>>149624853
Can anyone else confirm if the Dual Masters dub has got what it takes?
>>
>>149625002
I don't understand your complaints. Why shouldn't it be over-the-top when the original is over the top? Why should they talk down to the audience? Why are your problems literal non-problems that are facts in Japanese audio, as well?
>>
>>149624765
Baccano
>>
Beck English Dub is better than the original.
>>
>>149625057
I can confirm it but that doesn't mean its accurate
>>
Scryed dub is pretty good
>>
>>149625236
Duel Masters dub was amazing
>>
File: 1285970612419.png (728KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1285970612419.png
728KB, 1280x720px
You called?
>>
Don't quite know about better, but both TV and OVA for Hellsing were pretty damned good.
>>
Milk-Chan

Otherwise no. While I didn't like Ghost Story's Family Guy tier "humor", it was a legitimate improvement on a boring show. No official dub would have as many script changes.
>>
>>149625319

wasn't it mostly the same cast between TV and OVA
>>
Steins;Gate
Dragon Ball
FMA
Cowboy Bebop
Spice and Wolf
Panty & Stocking
Haibane Renmai
Welcome to the N.H.K.

Evangelion, Kill la Kill, Hellsing Ultimate, and Prison School are also enjoyable dubs, but not better.
>>
>>149624852
>Tfw you can never tell which Zoids is which.
>Both were still awesome.
We need more Zoids.
>>149625151
Different anon but it's not even a good over-the-top. There is no emotion to most dubs. They read the line and that's it. The way most VAs treat their characters and lines are very important for how they come across.
Also get more than one fucking VA to voice your MCs. Atleast the fucking moon people can try to change up their voices to a degree. Every dub I've watched though has THE SAME FUCKING NUFAG MALES VOICING THE SAME FUCKING NUFAG MCS.
>>
File: jinnai.jpg (8KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
jinnai.jpg
8KB, 180x280px
El Hazard dub alone is worth it for the villain

everyone else is mostly solid or good but this fucking nigga is gold
>>
Less than 1/3 of this thread seems to understand what OP is asking for.
>>
>>149624765
That dub is closer to an abridged series than anything.

DO YOU WANT TO BE AN AIRFORCE RANGER
>>
>>149625612
JUST THINK OF A BIG BLACK MAN CHASING YOU
>>
>>149625622
PUT DOWN THE KRISPY KREME, SERPICO!
>>
>>149625622
REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT PREMARITAL SEX
>>
>>149624765
>ctrl + f
>Big O
>Cromartie Highschool
>0 results
you have your answer now
>>
>>149625659

Shirotabi, please forgive me for bringing you back to life. I know now that it could never work between us! As much as we wanted to it could never be! Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're Black.
>>
>>149624765
Cromartie was pretty good, even if just for translating the humor across cultural barriers a bit better than the subs for baka gaijins.
>>
File: kuwabara.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kuwabara.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>149624765
Why did it take so long to mention Yu Yu Hakusho? Doesn't take this long normally in these kinds of threads
>>
>>149625002
>over the top
>Not normal voices

Nah, the problem is that the American industry sucks dick at finding and curating talent. Why do you think there have been a handful of people who monopolize all the roles and get paid the big bucks while some fags scrape by on the pittance paid by localization companies? Because the market's poorly managed and talent is at a premium, the rest are usually people trying to move on from voice acting to another career and using it as a stepping stone, or just people who really have no where else to go.

I mean seriously, listen to amateur web voice actors, then the ones that dub anime, then professional ones, the first two usually sound more or less the same while the last can often sound natural even when they are doing a full retard zany cartoon voice.
>>
>>149626250

Do you have any books by black people?
>>
>>149624765
Cowboy Bebop and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 both have great dubs.
GITS SAC has one comparable to the original VA in quality

There aren't that many good quality dubs, but most anime is shit to begin with after all.
>>
>>149626250
Episode 9 of Ghost Stories is a masterpiece. Greatest episode of anime hands down.
>>
>>149624765
Cowboy bebop's is better and oulaw star is at least equal to it's original.
>>149625509
Dragonball's english dub had better voices but beyond shit tier translation/everything else.(that first time SSJ speech for one)
Censorship only furthered the butchering.
This (the voices) is more noticeable in dbz, Where japan decided to have an old lady play the worlds strongest man.
At least the Mexicans got a decent translation and left the attack names the same, though I can't say I like how samey the voices were.
>>
File: 345672889340.gif (774KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
345672889340.gif
774KB, 400x274px
>>149626285
>Cromartie
The best.
>>
>>149624765
Bebop's is leagues better because of that sweet, sweet Blum
>>
I can't say for everyone, but I personally enjoyed Devil is a Part-timer dubbed, especially the engrish in the first episode.
>>
>>149625510
God I really been think about this recently but the only memory that serves me right is one they had a younger then they had a time skip? cast an the second season had a shield Liger which I didn't like as much as the main protagonist Zoid an it's abilities from the first series
>>
SEXTRA CREDIT
>>
>>149624765
Space Dandy
Dragonball Z
Afro Samurai
Samurai Shamploo
Cowboy Bepop
Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo
Etc
>>
>>149627813

I wish Kageyama's did more stuff
>>
>>149625306
Is it really that good?
Only saw subs and i loved stockings voice and how much the word "fuck" stand out every time
>>
>>149625002
>I don't want my women sound like an older woman obviously pretending to sound "young" - which fucking grates my ears.
Fuck you, Satomi Arai is goddess.
>>
Man toonami/adult swim era anime had way better dubs, I feel kinda sorry for the normie/casuals that get into popular modern anime like Watamote or KLK and that is now their standards for dubs.
Back then there was Bebop, Champloo, FMA, Dragonball, etc. which all had stellar dubs. Even Eureka Seven and Eva, although not as good as the ones I previously mentioned, had memorable and dubs that are superior to most modern dubs. (Not that adult swim or toonami arent still around but I mean pre-24/7 bebop rerun era)
And I still stand by my opinion that the last 2 good dubs were PSG and FMA Brotherhood. Afterwards it just kinda went to shit. Except for Space Dandy.

In the end though doesnt really matter to me nowadays, I always go for the subs unless I'm rewatching shows from my casual days.
>>
>>149626355

disagree completely, it's a borderline parody dub
>>
>>149624765
Berserk, both the movies and the old TV series.
I can not imagine Guts or Griffith with any different voice.
>>
>>149624765
Danganronpa
>>
>>149624765
I have to agree with
>>149625612
How they did there dubbing work is like an abridge
>So Is this what you are looking for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE8SXJyy1Ic&index=2&list=PLJVeF2-zu1kGQ7t7UUPwolNWiQHXQUASs
>>
I'm rather surprised nobody has mentioned Golden Boy.
>>
>>149626355
YYH dub is so fucking fun. The quips Justin Cook makes as Yusuke alone make it for me.

>"Oh Kuwabara you're conscious, I'm not used to that."
>>
>>149625002
as opposed to the anime version, where women are always in this annoying baby falsetto
>>
>>149627813
There isn't anything else to compete with it.
>>
Bible Black, of course
>>
>>149632111
That's because it's fucking trash. His voice actor isn't funny. It sounds like a 45 year old man having a mid-life crisis trying to be funny to his teenage children.
>>
>>149629564
I actually like japanese better. Think its mostly for Zodd and the demon'ss voices though.
>>
>>149634964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QickU67A8j4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDnP0RAtV7Q

dubs better
>>
FLCL
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 230x329px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 230x329px
Orphen

Golden Boy

Baccano!!

Romeo x Juliet

There are other great dubs, but those are the only ones I can think of that really add something worth having. At least, of what I've seen.

You'd be retarded to watch IGPX subbed but at the same time it's not that different
>>
>>149626355

>Kuwabara sells this dub 100% for me. Not that the others aren't all great too, but hearing that ugly-ass voice yelling YUKINA or lines like I DON'T CARE IF HE'S A UNICORN will always make it a better experience than the sub.
>>
>>149627833

Blum is a great example of an actor who has really pushed himself to improve

Go listen to some of his really early shit. He was Immanuel in the first Giant Robo dub, and that might be the worst voice in that awful dub.
>>
>>149625509
>Evangelion
>Enjoyable dub
Wew lad
>>
>>149625509
>t. Funimation marketing
>>
>>149635992

He might be, but he's also mostly right. That's a good list of dubs, particularly Steins;Gate
>>
>>149636131
>replacing the original game's cast with a bunch of literal whos
>localizing to reddit memes, fanfiction and clucking chickens
No.
>>
>>149636948

>Delivery

Yes
>>
>>149635417
Seriously who are you quoting?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.