[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who preferred 2003 over Brotherhood, how did the former

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: FMA.jpg (1MB, 2560x1724px) Image search: [Google]
FMA.jpg
1MB, 2560x1724px
People who preferred 2003 over Brotherhood, how did the former hit you in the right spots? What makes you go looking up "Ready Steady Go" over "Hologram" on YouTube?
>>
>on youtube
Why don't you just download it?
>>
>>149595082
Brotherhood is better, but the best 2003 opening is Rewrite
https://youtu.be/T2VfMKpmdnI
>>
>Hologram
>not Again
>>
>>149595213
>not Rain
>>
>>149595082
FMA has a much stronger opening few episodes than FMA:B. I personally enjoy FMA:B more than FMA as it has a much stronger ending/ climax. Although saying that i love both.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (49KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
49KB, 480x350px
>>149595082
>2003
>>
>>149595270
I think Brotherhood is better, but the 2003 one is closer to my heart because I watched it during middle school.
>>
>>149595082
Better plotting, characterization and development (particularly in regard to Edward, the primary antagonist, and the Homonculi), thematic depth, OST, OPs, EDs, and focus on drama over action. Brotherhood doesn't even feel like its from the same genre. If 2003 had just been like Brotherhood it wouldn't have stood out to me at the time from the Final Fantasy and Tales games and JRPGs that I was playing back then, and after that I was looking for more than "teenager saves the world with the power of friendship."
>>
>>149595082
Childhood is idolising Brotherhood. Adulthood is realising original made more sense.
>>
>>149596696
>parallel ww2 world bs
>more sense
We've got a comedian here folks.
>>
2003 reduced the Ishval war to a sidenote event that was only relevant to Scar's characterization and even then, they made his motivation the death of a woman rather than the extermination of his people and his own murder of innocent observers. Changing the Rocknbell's killers to Roy made Scar's character more simplistic, and making Roy's source of PTSD the fact he executed two innocent doctors rather than his being involved in a genocide diminished Roy's characterization and ultimate motivation. Likewise the other characters involved in Ishval, Armstrong, Riza, Marcoh and others. Reducing the impact of the Ishval war reduced the scope and depth of the story and characters in the story, making it ultimately a more childish look at warfare.

I don't really buy the idea 03 was 'deeper' than the Brotherhood/Manga plot, except that it spent more time showing the protagonists looking sad rather than actually exploring how the bad stuff they've been through drives their actions.
>>
>>149595082
>People who preferred 2003 over Brotherhood, how did the former hit you in the right spots?

Apart from not being written by a woman? Better general direction with the characters and series on the whole. And better production value, better animation, better music score.

>What makes you go looking up "Ready Steady Go"

Nothing. l'arc en ciel is a shitty, overrated, garbage-can band. 'Melissa' and 'Rewrite' were the best openings in the series.
>>
File: 278485.jpg (775KB, 3240x2175px) Image search: [Google]
278485.jpg
775KB, 3240x2175px
>>149595082
Personaly for me it's the theme and the serious tone of the series, along with the character development and the godlike soundtrack.It has that build-up that makes you want to see more.In my mind it holds up better than Bro-hood.Brotherhood for me failed because it didn't strive to be something more than a competent adaptation, and that's what damns it in my mind.
>>149595311
What?You didn't like Troy Baker as the Archernator?
>>
>>149595082
Both anime are shit.

Read the manga.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.