[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bluewater01.jpg (178KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
bluewater01.jpg
178KB, 750x500px
Please tell me they get off this fucking submarine.
>>
You'll wish they hadn't.
>>
>>149592153
Ah yes, the infamous island arc I've heard so much about. Surely it can't be that bad?
>>
>>149592260
You'll suffer and you'll be better for it. And then the show gets better.
>>
>>149592260
>Surely it can't be that bad?
As a whole, it really isn't. But it does have some dire parts.
>>
>>149592297
>watching anime to suffer

Why my friend?
>>149592352
I heard that has something to do with the production? I was very surprised when the title card for the 1st episode said 1 of 39. Was this really planned to have exactly 39 episodes from the very beginning, an original anime no less? That's practically unheard of.
>>
>>149592462
It was apparently popular enough that additional episodes were ordered and animated in Korea to extend the run.
>>
>>149592260

People make it out FAR worse than it really is. It slows down the story, there's obvious budget cuts and animation mistakes, and not a lot of character growth happens, but there's some episodes that are required for the story. The real problem are those two Africa episodes. Those are just horrible.

I think the Island Arc's infamy is inflated due to how well the rest of the show was running.
>>
>>149592462

Escaflowne was also planned to be 39 episodes and it sure as fuck shows when they get into some breakneck pacing towards the middle to push shit along. Kind of sucks that these kinds of anime are almost never as long as they need to be.
>>
>>149592839
>>149593042
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. I'm guessing they added the title cards in later which makes much more sense.

Anyway, I really like most of the characters and the animation has a lot of personality, but it's just becoming a chore to watch. Nadia is getting more unbearable by the episode too. Maybe I'll put it on hold for a later time.
>>149593082
Yeah it sucks, but animation is fucking expensive. What can you do? Escaflowne also had a ridiculous budget I think.

The movie's better desu.
>>
>>149593138
You might as well just finish it at this point. Skip the majority of the island arc, to be honest.
>>
>>149593138

I'm probably due for a rewatch of the movie. There's just something about that film that tickles me; the darker mood and the suicidal Hitomi being sucked into Gaea, and the way the first scenes on Earth are shot with that with dour and oppressive feeling really entice me. Sure once you get into motivations and plot it's kind of like accelerating into a makeshift brick wall, but that tone is something we're not often given.

It also needs another remaster, unless the encode I have is just not a great rip.
>>
>>149593212
That's exactly why I prefer the movie as well. The sumptuously designed fantasy world, the visuals and music, they just pull you in. I could listen to Sora forever. Admittedly the plot isn't that great, but it doesn't bog down the experience unlike the TV show.

I watched the THORA encode and it looked great
>>149593189
Maybe, I'm not the completionist type though.
>>
>>149592128
What was wrong with that part? That was my favorite.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.