[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wondering if "real" dialogue could ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I've been wondering if "real" dialogue could ever work in an anime. Real conversations are often kind of stifled, stammering and losing your train of thought, fucking up words, etc.
How would you even go about writing such dialogue? Could it work in any sense for a show?
>>
"Ad-lib" is unlikely in anime because everything is controlled and deliberate. BD commentaries or radios are different
>>
That should be a good device for a series in all honesty really.

Of course, actors and theatrics are like that. That's how these things go.
>>
What is gdgd fairies?
>>
>>149585191
Also Tesagure Bukatsumono
>>
When you said "real dialogue," I thought you were going to say candidly recorded conversations.
>>
>>149585283
That would be one way to get the dialogue, study speech patterns in normal conversations.
>>
>>149584696
I don't really see much point in it unless ruins your suspension of disbelief or something.
>>
>>149585227
I had a look at this. The genuine laughter and cross-talk is really charming and that OP is godly.
>>
>>149585191
>>149585227
This. Literally genre-defining shows.

Thread over.
>>
File: Gdgd_Fairies_Promotional_Poster.png (374KB, 342x512px) Image search: [Google]
Gdgd_Fairies_Promotional_Poster.png
374KB, 342x512px
>>149585191
w-what
>>
>>149584696
The reason it isn't done more is that it's inefficient as hell.
>I have an idea!
vs
>Er... well, maybe... you know, yeah, maybe we could do that. Yeah. Hey guys, I think I got a thing- an idea.
>>
>>149585837
Second one sounds like Rick and Morty exactly.
>>
>>149584696
For the purpose of narrative, it would work only ine 1% of the cases.
>>
>>149585837
Oddly enough the first one is much closer to realistic
Stammering/inefficent speech like that should (obviously) be used sparingly when characters are distracted, distressed, lack speech culture etc.
If not overused, it could add a lot of flavour
>>
Some American capeshit comics have dialogue like this.

No it does not read well.
>>
>>149586230

Rick and Morty often comes across as basically ad libbed. I'm certain the interdimensional television episodes were improved based on prompts, and animated based on the dialogue.

Either way, it works for that show because its supposed to be nonesensical, funny and surreal. It wouldn't work for a show trying to convey actual ideas with any amount of efficiency or clarity.
>>
>>149585191
I miss gdgd so much, I loved the reflection pool segment, it was so much fun to watch.
>>
>>149588787
Is this a joke or are you refrerring to something other than what I think you are? Because it looks like a toddler's show.
>>
>>149589180
You need to watch more anime.
>>
>>149589339
I mean, I've watched anime for over 7 years now. Haven't kept count of shows but should be close to triple digits.
>>
>>149589180
Are you telling me you didn't watch gdgd fairies? Oh you poor sod.
>>
>>149589405
Even more than that then.

The characters all look like early morning children's anime, but all the rest is Seiyuu ad-lib skits.
>>
>>149584696
>Real conversations are often kind of stifled, stammering and losing your train of thought, fucking up words, etc.
Maybe if you are actually autistic.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.