[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of the day, how do you feel about him and his body of work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Akira Toriyama.jpg (70KB, 624x640px) Image search: [Google]
Akira Toriyama.jpg
70KB, 624x640px
At the end of the day, how do you feel about him and his body of work?
>>
Like his creativity, dislike the fact he only does dragon ball Z.
>>
>>149570689
I like Astro Boy, but that's it.
>>
His gag and adventure works are great.
>>
I love the artstyle of monster hunter. I'll maybe cave in and buy a console just for the series.
>>
>>149570689
It's shit. I'm nostalgic for Dragon Ball but it's bad and has only gotten worse.
>>
>>149570689
Legend. One of the few comic artists that do action scenes well.
>>
Huge respect. He is a hero and inspiration for so many artists.
>>
>>149570689
So so artist.
Definitely had a talent for writing shounen fightan.
>>
>>149571006
>dragon ball Z
>Z
This is how I know you don't know shit about Toriyama.
>>
Pretty cool guy. I only know his Dragonball material, but the diversity in storylines he can come up with is pretty amazing.
>>
>>149570689
He's underrated as both a monster designer and a mechanical designer.
>>
>>149572036
I agree.
>>
>>149571803
His real talent was choreography though.
I remember someone an image with a few pages of the recoome fight and I was totally blown away how smooth it felt.
I have read tons of manga, but never in my life did I read a manga with a figth that read and felt that fluid.
The movements were very clean, clear and easy to follow.
>>
loli android
>>
>>149572036
>He's underrated as both a monster designer and a mechanical designer.
Not really though, Dragon Quest is fucking huge in japan, hell the monsters series is basically made around his monsters designs.
>>
>>149570689
Dr. Slump is amazing.
>>
>>149570689
He is a lazy shit, lost my respect after Super.
>>
>>149571042
Underrated
>>
>>149570689
His art degenerated since the Saiyan arc.

His freewheeling writing made everything stupid.
>>
Love his art and his character designs. Has some questionable writing, but at least he admits to it. Pretty great. 8/10
>>
>>149570689

He is legendary. He gives 0 fucks for publicity or fanbase.

He treats his fanbase like shit and you know what, his fans lick his boots.

He is really honest.
>>
>>149570689
Pleasant art, hilarious humour, fun characters, fantastic action. He's bloody good. I'm not really a fan of his artstyle once he went full digital but it still has its charms. Pre-2000 Toriyama's art was better, though, at least to me.
>>
>>149571269
Dragon quest?
>>
>>149577912
Unless fanbase sends him death threats to keep Goku relevant.
>>
>>149570689
Jimmy Ã…kesson?
>>
>>149574230
Should I read the manga or watch the anime?
>>
I wish he had done a Steampunk series. His mechanical designs are great.
>>
File: 1467001388933.jpg (382KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
1467001388933.jpg
382KB, 800x586px
>>149571006

>dislike the fact he only does dragon ball Z.
Well you're in luck. Since he's worked on about two dozen other projects.
>>
How are the Dragon Quest games?
>>
>>149580386

One of the few game series (if not the only game series) where every game is good. Though Dragon Quest VII goes on far too long.
>>
File: 7223.jpg (269KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7223.jpg
269KB, 1600x600px
Blue Dragon was underrated., shame it never really took off.
>>
>>149578463
I like the mango's comedic timing better, the anime is way too slow.
>>
Literally the God of fighting manga direction, no other manga in existence has fights which flow as well as shit in Dragonball. Some have more detailed art and fancier double page spreads but nothing else feels like it's moving on the page as you read it, closest thing to it is manga artists who are exceptionally good at paneling like Goseki Kojima.
>>
>>149578274
Ne men sluta nu, cancer barn.
>>
His art was always fantastic (Including his video game stuff). Dragon Ball is the best manga ever made. Dr. Slump was kind of shitty. Jaco was pretty funny. None of his other manga seemed like anything special to me.

His new stuff is lame, but that's okay because he's retired.
>>
>>149582923

The anime was very different from the game. And people got confused. They liked the anime more than the game, but the game didn't see a bump in sales from the anime.
>>
>>149577912
He apparently killed Vegeta just because a kid asked him not to
>>
>>149583780
Based Toriyama.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.