[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /a/'s opinion on Bobobo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Bobobo-bo.Bo-bobo.full.213110.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bobobo-bo.Bo-bobo.full.213110.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
What's /a/'s opinion on Bobobo?
>>
>>149550141
Holy shit this brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsr35T-O47g
>>
>>149550141
Get these Japanese characters out of my face
>>
>>149550141
The openings are awesome and while I kinda enjoyred the first part, the overall series is frankly too stupid at some point, without being that funny. Kinda like "it's so stupid so it must be funny, don't worry brain".

And hates how the Anime toned down the blood.
>>
>>149550469
Wasn't the whole series just supposed to be a parody of stereotypical anime tropes?
>>
File: bobobyugioh.jpg (230KB, 722x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bobobyugioh.jpg
230KB, 722x1200px
>>149550584
That and random references and overall just really stupid stuffs going on.

Still, pic related was fucking golden.

The art of the manga was bad to some incredible levels too, early OPM webcomic tier.
>>
>>149550687
>The art of the manga was bad to some incredible levels too, early OPM webcomic tier.
Nah.
>>
>>149550687
According to Takahashi, Sawai is an incredibly straightforward man in person.
>>
File: b4.jpg (265KB, 1346x1100px) Image search: [Google]
b4.jpg
265KB, 1346x1100px
>>149550731
> Nah

Yes. It was deviantart tier. Incredible that this was accepted in the WSJ.
>>
>>149550141
>What's /a/'s opinion on Bobobo?

A good ero-mangaka that for some reason doesn't have any of his work on sadpanda.
>>
>>149550788
>Lines are clean
>Actual shading
>Actual anatomy
>Clear 60s influence
I'm not claiming it was amazing, even good, but it's far better than either of those comparisons.
>>
This was the first show I ever despised. It's been a downward spiral since then.
>>
File: 1.jpg (238KB, 734x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
238KB, 734x1100px
>>149550849
>Lines are clean
>Actual shading

That was a colored page, of course it had shading and a bit of clean lines. But the anatomy is abymal.

Otherwise, the actual pages of the manga have ton of random hatching to try to hide the problem.
>>
>>149550788
>>149550890
>>149550946
it's a fucking gag series mate. the series doesn't take itself seriously, why should you? just relax, have fun, and enjoy the cringe.
>>
>>149551126
Was just commenting how even for a gag series the art is still beyond subpar.
>>
>>149550946
>That was a colored page
I was referring to the art in general. Did you think I haven't read it?
>the anatomy is abymal.
Which I never denied. It EXISTS though, which puts it above both of those examples you gave.
>Otherwise, the actual pages of the manga have ton of random hatching to try to hide the problem.
There is nothing wrong with hatching.
>>
>>149551285
> There is nothing wrong with hatching.

Of course, the point was that it was really bad hatching put everywhere to hide everything. At this point the hatching could even pass off a parody of great ones like HnK's and Jojo's.
>>
I'm still mad the anime will never continue.
>>
Baka Survivor is god tier. Series was wacko. Not really sure if I would recommend it to anyone beyond the OPs.
>>
Dub > Sub
One of the few cases where localization didn't butcher the comedy.

>>149550456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czkoRxbX6rw
>>
I own the 21 volumes in french and it's great. The translation/adaptation is very good.
Also, anime was really towned down, i think about the duck trousers who act likes a dick in the manga but was a headband in the anime..

Did Sawai ever show his face in public? He's one of my two favourties comic mangaka (the other one is gintama's Sorachi) i never saw a picture or real face
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.