[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much value do you put into visual direction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: vd.jpg (1MB, 3840x2880px) Image search: [Google]
vd.jpg
1MB, 3840x2880px
How much value do you put into visual direction?
>>
Nothing
>>
everything
>>
Something
>>
I don't know
>>
Anything
>>
About 5 value, I think.
>>
File: 1474825618714.jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474825618714.jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
>>149549568
Not much
>>
sage.
>>
about...

|__________________|
From here.................to here
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>149549568
tree fiddy
>>
>>149549568
what a great example of forced visual direction
>>
>>149550122
checked and confirmed
>>
File: 1.jpg (219KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
219KB, 1920x816px
>>
>>149550145
we really should start shitting these cancerous threads, this cancerous /tv/ retard is beyond annoying
>>
What's your favourite visual direction?

Mine is left.
>>
>>149550154
Don't they think they overdid it with the blood?
>>
>>149550290
Usually, I prefer southern
>>
>>149550882
this
>>
>>149549568
Why do these shitty threads always start with a retarded Kyoanus or Shaft collage?
>>
>>149550384
>Monogatari anime
>ever thinking it's overdone it with anything
If there's one big complaint to be made about it as an adaptation, it's that any and every hint of subtlety from the novels is completely removed
>>
>>149551560
Based Shart.
>>
>>149551055
because flame wars are epic and funny on /v/, so we're going to pretend they happen on /a/ now too
>>
>>149550073
Life is unfair.
>>
>>149549568
it's aight
>>
You can tell easily who made this collage. Hint: it's not a Shaftfag.
>>
>>149549568
2 out of 10.
>>
>>149550272
The OP is a shitpost making fun of the kyoanifags who actually want to seriously discuss "visual direction" while posting their same 10 cinegrids
>>
>>149553074
Sounds legit
>>
I like big anime tiddies.
>>
File: hibike.jpg (558KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hibike.jpg
558KB, 2560x1440px
>>
None at all, I watch monogatari and its clones.
>>
>>149550384

Welcome to monogatari

Visual exaggeration is like the main tool of the show
>>
>>149549568

A lot

Part of why I like Monogatari.

But insecure retards on /a/ hate the suggestion that anime has any artistic value because they feel it will delegitimize their titty shows and harems. They want to stand up and scream "You like anime, and all anime is as shit as my favorite anime, so you're hust as bad as me! In fact, you're worse, because you're pretentious!"

This cry is, of course, never followed with what sort of pretense the other fanbase is supposed to be taking.

The truth is that there's artistic value in titty anime, too. The definition of "art" is hotly debated, but if successful art is a creative work that communicates an emotion, as some would argue, than an anime that communicates the emotion of "arousal" is as valid as any other.

I would argue that animation that has no depth or emotion to it at all isn't even devoid of value, as it can still be appreciated as a technical work.

People get too wrapped up in what's better than what. It's better to simply enjoy all works on their various merits and take from it what -you- can without worrying too much about how it'll effect your standing.

I'm only half baiting here
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.