[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note is actually pretty good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1712.jpg (22KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1712.jpg
22KB, 300x442px
Death Note is actually pretty good.
>>
It is, and don't let other people tell you otherwise
>>
File: shinji.jpg (32KB, 298x223px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
32KB, 298x223px
Good work guys, I think we can call it a day.
>>
Ending was shit but not in the "it should have ended with Light winning after L died" way that's parroted on /a/

Near and Mello should have worked together even if they started out working separately. More info on Wammy's House and L's legacy should have been included...maybe as a complimentary spinoff like Railgun is to Index.

I feel like the series should have been longer rather than shorter
>>
>>149543751
>Ending was shit but not in the "it should have ended with Light winning after L died" way that's parroted on /a/

It shouldn't, but I would take that ending over what happened after L's death all day.
>>
>>149543812
I think the issue is Near, Mello, and Wammy's House came out of nowhere (unless you were spoiled on the events of the anime/manga and were expecting L's heirs to show up) AND they were poorly explored. Even in the manga they aren't as fleshed out as they should be.
>>
>>149543751

Well, maybe a flash forward sort of like Final Fantasy 3 would be nice, where rebels fight god emperor Kira would be cool.

But I don't know, I was thinking about ripping off deathnote, because I think some concepts are cool and could be explored more. Jurassic Park comes to mind.

But you can't rip it off too closely, and before you know it, it's actually it's own thing.

>Death rings. These rings have the following rules:

>You can take them on and off freely, but once you have put a ring on and looked at someone and wished they were dead while you spin the ring, it is permanently attached to you. Obviously, your target dies when you do this. As well, the ring slowly tightens as time goes by. If you go too long without killing, you die.

>length inbetween varies depending on plot tension or whatever, it's purposefully dubious.

>ringbearers are immortal except to other rings

>the ring works if you see someone on live TV too

>A detective obtains a ring when he has a suspect handcuffed who pleads with him to let him go or else he dies. The suspect is so desperate that he tells the detective about the ring. Detective scoffs.

>So the suspect dies inexplicably, and the ring slips off. Detective grabs it before the medics come in. He looks at the secretary and is about to turn it, but hesitates. He is paranoid. So he goes to test it out on a stray cat and he is amazed to see it is real.

>He sets out to kill all other ring bearers in a race against time.
>>
>>149543993
Arc 1:

>A hospital is reporting high numbers of deaths in their old age ward that have no apparent cause
>Detective arrives because he suspects a ring
>While there, he bumps into a crazy girl, and the nurse explains her name is Ruby and she has no memory
>Detective asks how they know her name
>Nurse explains that she has a weird ruby ring
>Orderlies have all tried to take it off her, but it doesn't budge
>Detective realizes it's his mark, so he casts his eyes on Ruby and twists his ring.
>Later he breaks into the morgue, but the ring still doesn't come off
>It's superglued on
>He got duped, the real ringbearer is gone
>The mortician interrupts him
>Mortician has a gun
>Detective asks why
>Says it's in case the bodies come back to life
>Detective is like: Alright, whatever that doesn't explain anything, but I don't have time to deal with that
>After a bit of an argument he eventually convinces the mortician to shoot him proving that he is immortal
>They use hospital logs to deduce who the killer was, and find out the ringbearers gap between having to use the ring varies with the age of the victim and that's why so many old people were dying. Young people grant you more time.
>anyway, episode ends with detective figuring that the doctor of death got away this time, but he will resurface eventually.
>>
>>149544126
2:

>episode starts with a pregnant girl, wearing a ring
>She's holding a knife, and stares stricken at her belly
>cuts(heh) to detective at a nondescript house
>he knocks on the door, and someone answers, wearing a ring
>Detective's hand springs to his own
>man in the house chides him, saying: You want to pull another Ruby?
>the stranger takes off his ring and explains it is a deathring, but he hasn't used it and can take it on and off at will
>they go inside and sit down and talk
>live tv comes on
>the girl from the start of the episode is walking down the street, bloody, and everyone around her is dropping like flies
>Detective hesitates, because he doesn't want to kill an innocent person again
>it could be the girl killing everyone, or it could be another ruse and someone watching from afar is the real killer
>pacifist just watches with amusement
>>
It's too popular. It's not allowed to be good.
>>
>>149544291
3:

>The next ringbearer is doing experiments with whores
>he asks them to come to his house dressed in masks or full bodysuits covering all their features
>so he can slowly spin rings with strangers he has never seen to figure out how much of a body he has to see for them to die
>masks will stymy the rings
>I think this ends with a rollerblading guy in a suit of armor or something

4:

>death doctor is back
>he's amputated his hand to evade the time limit
>Detective asks him why he didn't just cut off his finger
>doctor is merely silent

5:

>Detective is studying video feeds, because he knows a ringbearer was in a certain crowd
>but no one spun a ring in the time frame he expects
>eventually, he overhears a conversation about cock rings and says: Oh shit
>He scans the video again for people who had their hands in their pocket
>>
>>149544451
>President of United States is final boss
>definitely a super tricky task to beat him
>he finds out by reading a tabloid talking about how the president won't leave the white house or show his face
>eventually the detective beats him using a tricky prerecorded video in place of a live feed so president only thinks he killed him
>but when he kills the president it turns out it's a body double
>but then the pacifist comes along and just kills them both
>Pacifism wins
>he gets all the rings and becomes death
>>
File: BobbinFB.jpg (22KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
BobbinFB.jpg
22KB, 170x170px
>>149542185

I would agree with you.
Death Note was first released in 2003, and for its' time it had a good concept and an interesting plot. Light and L were sometimes over the top, and there were some flaws notably the "Lind L. Taylor wild guess". Over-all it was pretty good, especially if you consider that Near and Mellow aren't canon.

It is the same thing with the flack FMA Brotherhood gets. I think much of /a gets it wrong when they compare enjoyable entry level series to Gankutsuou, or other very peculiar series.
Also it is ridiculous how hard this board is for Code Geass when they give DN so much flack. Lelouch is much more of an edgy teen power fantasy than Light is.
>>
>>149542185
Re:Zero is actually pretty good too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.