[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is KyoAni the pinnacle of modern anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Is KyoAni the pinnacle of modern anime?
>>
Consistently in the visual category, sure. Consistently dogshit in the story category.
>>
>>149538995
>Consistently in the visual category, sure. Consistently dogshit in the story category.
I am still mad that they threw in a dance episode for Kyōkai no Kanata. They cared so little about the plot that they randomly threw in an episode that had nothing to do with the story.
>>
>>149539048
Are their adaptations faithful to the source materials?
>>
>>149539090
>Are their adaptations faithful to the source materials?
If they are contracted by a publisher, KyoAni is great at fullfilling their duty.

But when they are making an anime based on stories they own, KyoAni get sloppy because they are their own bosses. And Munto proves that KyoAni are engineers, not artists. They can make anything you can dream of and do it perfectly, but they are incapable of dreaming themselves.
>>
I dont trust kyoani. They have one of the best looking characters and they never ship anything. The art style is great but the stories are meh. Koe no katachi seems promising though.
>>
>>149538979
Hyouka is KyoAni's best work. The visuals, pacing, art direction, score, and story are unmatched. The cultural festival is one of, if not the, best in anime. The character growth feels natural, and there are enough hints of romance between the main cast that there emotional connection makes sense, but that aspect is never detracts from the main plot of a story arc.
>>
>>149539048
The dance episode was easily the best episode of the entire fucking series. Kyoukai no Kanata's plot was garbage.
>>
>>149539388
>The dance episode was easily the best episode of the entire fucking series. Kyoukai no Kanata's plot was garbage.
That's because the dance episode was the only one the studio truly put any effort it. KyoAni can do so much better, but it just doesn't happen when they work for themselves.
>>
>>149538979
I would argue but there isn't much worth defending in modern anime.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.