[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are your thoughts on mobile suit gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: serveimage.jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
15KB, 284x177px
what are your thoughts on mobile suit gundam?
>>
>>149472254
i watched the first movie 2 weeks ago . it was pretty 7.5/10 . are the rest movies better ?
>>
>>149474222
The second one is maybe a bit slower IMO but the third one is a solid 9/10.
>>
File: 1466363944071.png (108KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1466363944071.png
108KB, 333x333px
>>149474222
just watch the show
>>
File: 1427558782674.jpg (254KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427558782674.jpg
254KB, 750x1000px
>>149472254
I liked it , very enjoyable.
The G-Bull and the transformations were pretty stupid imho
Big-Zam and all the other mobile armors are ugly as fuck
JIM and Zaku and Rick Dom are best mobile suits.
The animation was not as bad as a lot people say,
but I watched macross before it so maybe my tolerance to shit animation is pretty high.
>>
I really enjoyed it. Didn't think I'd find something from the 70s so good, and I was always wary of delving into the Gundam franchise but glad I did.

Now I'm watching Zeta and struggling with it a bit. The story is clearly more nuanced and the animation a lot better than MGS, but it seems to drag so much more.
>>
>>149472254
The show is bad, there's a reason it was axed. Nobody liked it.

The movies fix a lot of the show, the garbage animation, the pointless fillers and the comedy deaths. Albeit the movies cut some stuff that would've made them better.

If from 1-10 5 is mediocre then that's what the TV series is, the movies are a 6-7 which is good.

Or maybe you're talking about the entire franchise? Well, there are A LOT of garbage shows, but there's a few good ones.
>>
>>149474222
>movie
First of all, you fucked up by watching the movie before watching the series. Secondly, for some shows you have to watch them with context to fully enjoy them. You have to think about how good it was for its time. If you compare Gundam to the other giant robot shows of the late 70s, it was great for its time. It pioneered the "real robot" genre, and it killed the "super robot" genre in the process.

Some movies like the God Father II are timeless and are very entertaining to all generations, but that's not the case with most stories. If someone went back and reviewed old N64 games like Ocarina of Time, and said: "this Zelda game is just like all the other games in the franchise except its graphics aren't that great", then that would piss a lot of people off. In the 90s, Ocarina of Time's graphics and gameplay were revolutionary for its time. Context matters when reviewing something.
>>
Gundam in general is shit
>>
>>149474710
Eat your Zetas and deal with it. You can't fit in with the Gundam fags unless you've completed Zeta and enjoyed it. Zeta is consistently one of the most praised Gundams in the franchise. I personally hate it, but I talk good about it in order to fit in. If you liked 0079 you might like SEED. It pays more homage to 0079 than any other Gundam.

>>149474654
They were still doing transformations because it was the 70s. They were pioneering the new "real robot" genre, but they still had a lot of baggage from the "super robot" genre.

>The animation was not as bad as a lot people say,
It's from the 70s for fuckssake. People shouldn't be allowed to talk bad about its animation unless they can point to other shows in the late 70s that had better animation.
>>
>>149474710
Zeta drags it's own ass around for most of the show and then in the last 5 episodes it suddenly remembers it has to wrap it up. Easily one of my least liked Gundams.
>>
>>149474802
True fans of Gundam won't deny this. I've watched almost every Gundam series up to Gundam 00, and I can safely say that this franchise is average.
>>
File: RedZakuOrigin.jpg (2MB, 1837x1307px) Image search: [Google]
RedZakuOrigin.jpg
2MB, 1837x1307px
>>149472254
The best way to experience 0079's story is through The Origin manga
>>
>>149474710
Zeta drags a lot in the beginning, I'd say it starts to pick up in episode 7-8 more or less.

It gets really good when Char and Kamille go to earth, easily one of the best broships in Gundam

Also that god tier OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSycojV_L1A
>>
>>149472254
The only good anime from the 70s
>>
>Bland childhood friend has to settle for weak manlet because Amuro wants the genderbent version of his rival instead

Great stuff.
>>
>>149475235
>Also that god tier OP

I was so hard, in the first opening they show you a sillhoute of Zeta, in this one the shadows disappear and and the Z appears. Found it so cool back then
>>
>>149474713
>the show is bad, there's a reason it was axed
Stopped reading there, you're retarded and there are plenty of shitty Gundam series nobody liked but got the full runtime (AGE is the obvious one)

Meanwhile X and 0079 two of the best Gundam series got cancelled. Fucking bullshit
>>
>>149475421
he doesn't even go after sayla though
>>
>People actually watched the TV series over the movies

Man, I sure loved all that salt!
>>
>>149475457
>0079
>best anything

It's pure dogshit, you just like to be an "oldfag" and contrarian retard.

Zeta is literally the only reason Gundam exists.
>>
0079 and Zeta both suffer from the same problem - narration. It's especially visible in Zeta. Who are Titans? They are using Zeon-like mobile suits, so it makes them look like bad guys, but suddenly they have Gundams and it looks that they are in somewhat-good terms with Federation. What happened since the end of One Year War? What is AEUG? What does this acronym mean? And what the hell is Gryps? Colony name? Ship? Characters start talking about things obvious to them and writers, but viewers don't have a clue.
>>
File: 1453528096408.jpg (60KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453528096408.jpg
60KB, 720x480px
>>149475501
>there are people who watched the movies before the TV series
Why not just drop the shoddy pretense of "feeling obligated" and jump straight to SEED or whatever shit you're looking for
>>
File: 1476907547910.png (1020KB, 1117x836px) Image search: [Google]
1476907547910.png
1020KB, 1117x836px
>>149475501
>1 episode

love this meme.
>>
File: 1466102437539.jpg (87KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466102437539.jpg
87KB, 1440x1080px
>>149475716
>Who are titans
Group offshoot created by the feddies to suppress space noids. Reason they have gundams is because feddie tech. Hizacks were developed off captured Zakus and other zeon suits.

>what happened since the end of the one year war
Federation became weak and corrupted,the titans rose to power

>What is AEUG
Anti-earth union group. At this point want to stop the titan's corruption and destruction of the earth.

>What is gryps
Colony converted into a laser similar to the one in 0079 used by zeon at a boa qu

I understood this watching the series. what narration problem?
>>
>>149475503
So you really are just full of shit. Gundam exists because of gunpla sales, Zeta only got made because model sales revived interest in series
>>
>>149476857
>Group offshoot created by the feddies to suppress space noids. Reason they have gundams is because feddie tech. Hizacks were developed off captured Zakus and other zeon suits.
Not explained in the series until way into it

>Federation became weak and corrupted,the titans rose to power
Not explained in the series until way into it

>Anti-earth union group. At this point want to stop the titan's corruption and destruction of the earth.
Same as above

>Colony converted into a laser similar to the one in 0079 used by zeon at a boa qu
Not explained

What anon says is that all these things were never explained when introduced, the titans appeared out of nowhere and they kept talking for episodes and episodes about titans this titants that but they never bothered to tell us what are the titans or when did they appear until way into the series

0079 explains what Zeon and the Federation are, so you already know both sides since the beginning
>>
>>149472254
Watched it for the first time a couple months ago. It became one of my favorite shows ever, dated animation and all.
The only things I didn't like were the Gundam's transformations, the Zakrello and how they rushed the end of the war in the last four episodes.
>>
Posting best Gundam.
>>
>>149476994
We see titans interacting with the feddies in the first episode and generally waving authority around.

>Not explained in the series until way into it
literally in one of the first episodes where they visit the gassed colony char explains why the titans exist to emma
>Same as above
Same episode
>Not explained
it is when it becomes relevant to the plot. which isn't until around the appearance of Axis Forces.
>>
>>149477595
Turn A was fucking magical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCg0JyuJQug
>>
Transformers is better
>>
>>149477604
>literally in one of the first episodes where they visit the gassed colony char explains why the titans exist to emma
It was in seventh episode. Making viewers wait literally two months (broadcast time) before explaining what's happening is not a good thing.
>>
>>149477773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpqwY7tsZS4
Agreed
>>
>>149477604
>We see titans interacting with the feddies in the first episode and generally waving authority around
That doesn't say anything. The same happens with feddies interacting with zeon forces in Origin, and they are not really friends, contrary to Titans and Federation (at least, they were supposed to be).
>>
File: Msn-04-destroy_ver_ka_cg.jpg (332KB, 851x680px) Image search: [Google]
Msn-04-destroy_ver_ka_cg.jpg
332KB, 851x680px
>>149472254
It's pretty good. Enjoy both the potrayal of war as well as mecha action.
Almost done with the original series, then onto z & zz than Char's Counter attack. I need to get to the movie just for Sazabi.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.