[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: orange-anime.jpg (187KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
orange-anime.jpg
187KB, 1000x600px
God damn.

I missed this show while it aired but holy fuck what a ride.

They totally nailed Kakeru's character as someone with survivor's guilt, a family history of clinical depression and risk of suicide

The way he so desperately wanted help but felt like he couldn't reach out and lashed out against the people he loved

Also Suwa was a total bro for being able to look past his feelings for Naho to prevent Kakeru's death, KNOWING that if he didn't his dream could come true

Really a good watch and I generally don't care for romance
>>
>>149411277
agreed, 10/10 can't wait for the movie
>>
>the whole montage where you see his regrets from the original timeline play out like a slow motion car wreck
>then watch him get hit by the truck and die in the ambulance
I should have seen the feels coming
>>
>>149411277
She looked so much better with long hair, what was she thinking?
>>
>tfw Hagita doesn't end up with Azusa
>doesn't even tell her how he feels because his letter told him she shoots him down

Being Hagita is suffering
>>
>>149411277
It was okay. Naho being a complete retard really dragged down what could have been a great story. And I mean really dragged it down. Kakeru's character was pretty great though, and Suwa was awesome. The movie should be good though since it does away with all the retarded letter shit.
>>
>>149413643
>it does away with all the retarded letter shit
But that's the whole motive. How do they plan their shit if they don't know about the letters?
And yeah, Naho was retarded but Kakeru was a stupid bitch too. The hand holding drama was incredibly stupid, for both sides.
>>
>>149413701
>How do they plan their shit if they don't know about the letters?
I guess everyone's assuming Kakeru is gonna be okay now. It looks like it's going to be Suwa focused anyway.
>The hand holding drama was incredibly stupid, for both sides.
It was stupid but at least Naho was called out on being stupid for not picking up on the signal which kinda redeemed how stupid it was.
>>
>>149413643
Jesus christ she was so frustrating

>Letter says give him chocolate
>"but what if it make him angry?!"
>he already told her he loved her
>he's going to commit suicide in 24 hours
>future self explicitly says how she regrets not doing this
>still waits til the last possible second and even then doesn't do it on her own
Such a shit head

The movie being from Suwa's POV should be a breath of fresh air too. Naho was too scatter brained and unreliable to be a competent MC.

If the series had focused on him that would have been an interesting twist for a romance. Him sacrificing his love to save his friend's life, but having the knowledge that they end up together in an alternate timeline but it takes away the surprise when you first find out he has his own letter and Naho's not doing this all on her own
>>
>>149413086
Too true

>Goes out of his way to make people laugh
>Aims for last place in the men's beauty contest so no one actually competing gets their feelings hurt
>Major crush on genki girl
>single handedly prevents Kakeru's suicide by sabotaging his bicycle
>only one who has any consideration for the timelines of everyone else that they're unintentionally fucking with
>no reward
>future you tells you to not even bother confessing your feelings

He better have an awesome job and a smoking hot wife 10 years from now
>>
File: 1477868273818.jpg (86KB, 640x646px) Image search: [Google]
1477868273818.jpg
86KB, 640x646px
>go into it blind to see what the fuss is about
>hits home like a fucking tornado
i gotta stop doing this
>>
File: Orange in a nutshell.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Orange in a nutshell.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>149413086
>Being Hagita is suffering
Who? Does his suffering affect Kakeru? No? Then fuck him.
>>
Didnt watch the anime, how did they do the letter bermuda triangle part?
>>
>>149411277
Suwa is an idiot, how can you risk your future with a perfect wife like that?
Kakeru was too much of a drama queen.
>>
Haven't watched this but I read the manga and didn't really like it. Naho being a retard, Suwa cucking himself and Kakeru coming off as a whiny baby didn't help at all, at the end I thought that Kakeru dying and them moving on with their lives was the best ending all along.
>>
>>149411277
>They totally nailed Kakeru's character as someone with survivor's guilt, a family history of clinical depression and risk of suicide
Sure. My mom died, I'm depressive, but my biggest concern is if I will date a dumb chick. They really nailed. Very accurate.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.