[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 20

File: 553d00452717c7e924679ec42e39885a.jpg (237KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
553d00452717c7e924679ec42e39885a.jpg
237KB, 1440x900px
So I just finished watching Death Note for the first time ever. Yeah, I know I'm way late to the party. Can we get a comfy discussion thread going on?
>Why was it so bad post-L?
>Plot holes
>Why is Amane Misa so perfect?
>Should I just consider ep25 the cannon ending and forget the rest even happened?
>Are any of the movies or live action stuff worth watching at all?

I did like the overall drama of the final episode. My heart broke a little when Ryuk took Yagami's life.
>>
>>149405398
Well, for one, L was a lot more developed as a character. We saw his methods in more detail and also saw the results.

Mello and Near were supposed to be this awesome detective team but neither of them got time to develop. Near's plan was revealed in the final episode, which made him seem really smart, and I suppose it was necessary to conceal it from the viewers till then to make the wow factor more prominent, but it ended up in making him look mediocre for most of the time. Mello didn't have much screen time at all.
>>
It was adressed in Bakuman or at least I think that's what's being referenced there. Reversi was death note. It should've ended earlier but they were forced to extend it.
Although I liked the second part. Light winning just like that would've been very anticlimatic.

If you want a plothole, it would've been Near's team checking the death note at the bank. It's a bank. And that was the very base for Near winning. Also, the third death note. Why would Ryuk steal it from that shinigammi?
>>
File: Death Note Misa.jpg (156KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note Misa.jpg
156KB, 1024x576px
Post more Amane Misa desu.
>>
File: Kiyomi Takada.png (243KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kiyomi Takada.png
243KB, 300x450px
Takada = best grill
Misa = whore
>>
File: Misa's_shinigami_eyes.png (147KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Misa's_shinigami_eyes.png
147KB, 600x337px
Are any of the movies and/or live action stuff any good, /a/?
>>
>>149405398

You are the cancer killing weebshit

This is why animu will always be seen as a joke to anyone over 12
>>
>>149406389
>unironically caring this much

kys laddie
>>
>>149406333
The live action movies are good. The second one even has an alternate ending. The third one is a spinoff about L but it is pretty interesting too.

The ReLight movies are the same as the anime but with some new scenes. Like Light yelling to a gravestone.
>>
>>149405895
For being the main girl in a very popular show, there is too little good fanart of her.
>>
>>149405398
Because the anime staff were Kirafags who hated Mello and Near, so instead of being professionals and adapting their story arcs properly, they rushed through the second half of the manga and changed the ending to make it less brutal and humilliating for Light.
>>
There was good to it but the hook of the series is the duel between Light and L, a strong protagonist and an equally strong antagonist. After that point, it was the long trudge toward Light's defeat and any 'plotholes' were the result of that. It felt more like Light defeated himself to me, which is not bad in concept but it was lame in execution.

Don't be a fag and accept it for what it is. I cheered for Light post-L but I won't whine about it. This is all based on the manga though.
Cute yandere moe. I find her a little more annoying by the second half, probably because she became a side character. Takada was a more mature charm despite being younger and Light's sister was qt-ier. But Naomi was best girl who unfortunately never bloomed.
>>
File: 171004-death_note_15_large_02.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
171004-death_note_15_large_02.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
So besides the main anime and the manga, what else exists? I know there's a new live action movie coming out (Light up the world, or something?) Are there any other anime movies or live action or otherwise?
>>
File: end of light.png (203KB, 420x547px) Image search: [Google]
end of light.png
203KB, 420x547px
>>149407137
He didn't deserve to go out like such a crybaby, it was out of character. The anime fixed it.
>>
File: dfa08e0e07877a9f94815e5536a8d08f.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dfa08e0e07877a9f94815e5536a8d08f.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>149408274
Is that Yagami Light clawing at Ryuk for his life? Are there any other subtle differences in the adaptation of the ending?
>>
>>149408274
But it made an interesting point. Despite how detached and intellectual his justification for killing was, Light feared death just as deeply as everyone else. He was a naive idealist who never thought about how terrible death really is.
>>
File: Slowpoke.jpg (17KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
Slowpoke.jpg
17KB, 480x388px
>>149405398
>>
>>149405398
I was 16 when Death Note aired noticing the mass amount of merchandise, only this year did I bother to watch it either.

Enjoyed the music immensely.
>>
>>149408934
The OST was truly top tier.
https://youtu.be/vUzgEWTWT1c
>>
>>149405398
The idea of Light being a genius really bothered me. His decisions make perfect sense if he's an ordinary (maybe smarter than average) kid, but the show goes out of its way to tell you repeatedly that he's a genius. Yet he makes so many decisions that are incredibly stupid.

>killing all in Japan at the beginning (allowing anyone to easily narrow it down)
>killing during specific times during the day (further narrowing it down)
>falling for the Lind L Taylor broadcast (narrowing it down even more)

And the dumbest by far

>deliberately linking himself to the local police

Narrowing the potential suspects from about 20 million to a few hundred. He was like the archetypal serial killer who deep down actually wants to get caught.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNxrN56FuBI
>>
>>149414131
He kind of wanted to
Light wanted to reveal himself as makind's savior and a new god that would lead humanity to a better time
>>149407137
Then why not go all the way and have Light win?
Would have been better than what we got
>>
>>149414131
>>falling for the Lind L Taylor broadcast
Yeah its dumb, its a cop out to introduce L to the viewer; with that short scene you get to understand how smart L is compared to Kira, how much resources he actually has at his disposal and to overall establish the cat and mouse game.

>>killing during specific times during the day (further narrowing it down)
He went from "Shit, this notebook actually kills people" to "I'm a fucking god" quite fast, so he didn't really worry about concealing anything other than hiding the actual Death Note. Also, that kind of explains why
>>killing all in Japan at the beginning (allowing anyone to easily narrow it down)
since at first he was experimenting, Japan's killers were the easiest to track down because their names were mentioned on national TV.

>>deliberately linking himself to the local police
>He was like the archetypal serial killer who deep down actually wants to get caught.
It was all part of the keikaku to find and kill L to prove everyone he was above any normal human. He never once thought he was doing anything wrong.
>>
>>149414131
>killing all in Japan at the beginning
No, he was killing people around the world. That's why Interpol was in a frenzy. L was able to narrow him down because he was the only one who put a lot of importance on that specific first killing, correctly deducing it was a trial. It seems to be the case that L, the other genius character, is the only one who really picks up these things Light gets chastises for Like who would normally hypothesize the killer is a student? Who would try to trigger him by calling him evil? Only L did because he could see into the killer's mind, in part because it's similar to his own.

A mistake people make is thinking Light wanted to hide like a rat. That is wrong as hell. One of Light's strengths (and flaws) is his confidence, to go along with his pride. The only hiding he would do is in plain sight. When it came to the second thing, he gave L the middle finger. "So fucking what? Guess what, I can kill whenever I want."

Ryuk straight up questioned him on giving L so much assistance and Light told him he was going to sniff L out and kill him. That was decided from chapter/episode 2 when L challenged him.
>>
>>149414364
Death Note was shounen. The "bad guys" never win in shounen.
>>
>>149414958
But the protagonist does
>>
>>149405398

The moment when near realizes that x-Kira has been watching the entire meeting and he says "HE'S ALREADY HERE!" Gave me such a shiver down my spine. That whole scene was brilliantly done.

That with the little toys that near was playing with made it extremely effective.
>>
>>149405398
>>Why is Amane Misa so perfect?
shit taste
>>
>>149408274
>it was out of character.

Don't fall for Light's propaganda. If Near was right about one thing, it was that Light was just a nutcase with delusions of grandeur.
>>
This scene is suggestive out of its context.
>>
>>
>>149414722
>One of Light's strengths (and flaws) is his confidence, to go along with his pride.

I agree. People seem to forget that even smart people can do stupid shit if their personalities get in the way. Light had an ego the size of the fucking galaxy, which was his downfall.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Good thing Light remembered he's a lady killer.
>>
>>149415046
How did Light think it was a good idea to have Mikami open the fucking door to the warehouse and write their names? There was only one entrance, no way no one would notice.
If anything, Mikami should be on the roof, looking in through a window.
It'd be enough to just not do anything though. N would say "Hurr, someone is going to open the door and write our names." Nothing would happen and he'd lose all his credibility. No risk involved.
>>
Two minutes of bullshitting and she's soaking wet.
>>
>>149415401
>It'd be enough to just not do anything though

Most of Light's problems would have been solved if he'd just not done anything in response to provocations.
>>
But Light freezes those panties solid.
>>
It was sad but it was a good part.
>>
>>149415258
>>149415276
>>149415294
>>149415310
>>149415334
>>149415352
>>149415373
>>149415431
>>149415450
>>149415509
So you're saying Light should have mind-broken her into becoming his obedient cock-sleeve?
Raped her before killing her?
Consensual sex before killing her?
I don't understand what you're getting at
>>
>>149415522
No, I was just making fun of how creepy Light was there, before remembering he's Light "Golden Boy" Yagami.
>>
>>149415595
The pen is stronger than the sword, but the cock is stronger than anything
>>
>>149415257
He at least respects Kira. He was exceptional as far as criminals went.

Just like he respects L but doesn't like him. Fag.
>>149415401
Why did Light get into a situation where he'd be fucked beyond belief if his plan failed? To be fair, he would have won big if not for shenanigans, but shenanigans happened and he lost big. He bet everything in the warehouse, like falling for Near's hype when he didn't have to. All or nothing, no way out. It didn't have to be that way, but the show had to end somehow.
>>
>>149405619
>but it ended up in making him look mediocre for most of the time.
Also why Light didn't respect near nowhere near as much as L and underestimated him, and Mello causing shit.
>>
>>149415744
He fucked up but the show fucked up all over the place especially in how characters behave regarding Misa, Takada, and Light
The first part he fucked up was after L's death, he should have killed the rest of the team, then he has 2 death notes, a loyal companion with Shinigami eyes and can keep acting as L outside of everyone's control and in complete anonymity
Imagine him acting as L with Misa as a companion
He can meet Near, and make up a bullshit story
>my dad was working on the Kira case
>I helped my dad out a few times so I begged to help him, I wanted to help him and not see him die
>so I joined the team secretly with my girlfriend Misa, completely off all the records
>eventually Kira got them but he must not have known about our involvement so we're still alive
>I swore revenge that day against Kira
>>
>>149415744
>Why did Light get into a situation where he'd be fucked beyond belief if his plan failed?
I think it was perfectly within his character. Throughout the entire series, Light was extremely cocky, boldly responding to provocations and fighting on his opponents' terms just to prove that he's that much better (see: L, Raye Penber, the mafia). His pride wouldn't allow him to back down from Near's challenge. Near's shenanigans were still bullshit, but it's not surprising that everyone's favorite hotheaded mass murderer would try to fight them head-on.

>>149415893
>he should have killed the rest of the team
Blah blah "the police are good guys, only criminals deserve to die" blah blah muh standards. I do agree that that would have been the best course of action, though.
>>
Just an FYI, don't start sentences with so, the word you use right after it can pretty much always be used to start the sentence instead.
>>
>>149415948
First of all, Light always had a backup plan and was paranoid as fuck, he'd never do something that reckless
And Light killed cops before, FBI count as cops, Misora herself wasn't a criminal, L was a detective and so on
>>
>>149415791
Did he underestimate Near? I think he did initially but by the end he had come up with a plan that would have resulted in Near and others dying in the warehouse if not for unforeseen circumstances (Mello's action, Mikami breaking routine and perfectly mimicking his killing of Takada, then the breaking into the bank and Near's guy going turbo and making a replica of the DN in one night). Sure Near's the leader and idea guy but I can't give him too much credit.

>>149415893
Can't say why exactly he kept them around (to keep up a facade or something) but they were no threat, proven by the fact he strung them long for years. His father was there and Light did love and respect his father, as much as a narcissistic serial killer could. Once he kicked the bucket, Light was more than okay with offing the rest of the team.

>>149415948
It's not just that he put all his chips on the table: in general he seemed to stop caring. He worked hard on his plan to have an epic win over Near but waved aside everything else. Stopped caring about whether his team suspected him or not, put his full trust in another person despite being cynical, no backup plan (if that watch trick doesn't count).

We can call it overconfidence but regardless, Light screwed Light and it was bizarre to watch.
>>
>>149416448
Didn't one of the guys explicitly suspect him? They kept him under surveillance, told Near he was a former suspect, and forced him to rely on Mikami and Takada
Didn't Matsuda fucking shoot him?
Not killing them at the first sign of trouble was a giant mistake
And all that bullshit with the ending was horrible
>making a perfect copy of a magical notebook with infinite pages in 1 day
It's honestly one of the worst endings I've ever seen
>>
>>149407137
>so instead of being professionals and adapting their story arcs properly

They were barely developed in the manga itself, why you acting like they were better in thr manga?

You're right about the ending though
>>
>>149415744
>Why did Light get into a situation where he'd be fucked beyond belief if his plan failed?

Because that's just who he is. The entire show, he's repeatedly putting himself in borderline impossible situations just so he can satisfy his own ego by getting out of them with a bit of luck/cleverness. Heck, the entire premise of the show (that he wants people to know that someone is killing criminals) is evidence of this.
>>
File: c13535e692f35e5bac83d0b5f39f6aa8.jpg (103KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
c13535e692f35e5bac83d0b5f39f6aa8.jpg
103KB, 1191x670px
> Why is Amane Misa so perfect?
Light was unbelievably lucky to have Misa on his side. She was absolutely loyal to Light. Believed in his cause. Had enough dedication to endure a literal torture and aren't retarded on top of that as she found Light before even L. He would be dead, if Misa was against him in no time. Some believe that Light is genius, but Amane basically carried him until the end. Alone Light would get lost to L.
>>
>>149405962
takada got strip search by a faggot
>>
>>149418401
Nigga Misa was the one who had Light get arrested, she was a huge liability, if it wasn't for her L would have no grounds to arrest Light.
>>
>>149418520
It was easier for L to corner Light at this point than for Light to know his name, I believe.
>>
>>149415893
>kill everyone on the team but you
nothing suspicious there

>>149415744
Why did he ever bother to engage the police? If he just ignored L's provocation in the first place he could have NEVER been caught.
>>
>>149418632
Nobody knew he was on the team
>>
>>149418763
seems unlikely since Near knew of the existence of the team and its members

remember L had all that data sent upon his death

if Light killed everyone but him and Misa it would take 2 seconds to read L's report to figure out what happened
>>
>>149406389
woah so edgy you're cool man
>>
>>149405398
Childhood is when you idolize Light. Adulthood is when you realize that L makes more sense.
>>
>>149418878
Wasn't that in the official documents since Light officially joined the police?
In any case how would Kira know of the secret reports L was keeping? Again as far as what Light would say, Kira killed the policemen, Watari and L because Light's involvement was off the records, if Near says that it's suspicious Light needs to say it was impossible to figure out his own involvement alongside Misa's for an outsider
>>
Light should have gone with that the shinigammi was Kira and that they could posess people and theres literally nothing they can do against it
>>
>>149418602
Doubt it, Light was still occasionally helping the cops and he had nothing on him at the time that could be used to bring him in as a suspect until Misa fucked it all up.
>>
>>149419193
This, just make a deal with Ryuk and bribe him with apples in exchange for playing along
>the shinigami demands a fabulous apple tree, bring me a giant apple tree or you die
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.