[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re ? People are always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Re_Vol_2.png (2MB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Re_Vol_2.png
2MB, 844x1200px
Should I read Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re ?
People are always complaining it's retarded when I check threads from time to time.
I'm currently up to date with Seven Deadly Sins, Fairy Tail,Black Clover and I don't like a single thing about these series.
I'm saying this as a point of reference so people that are familiar with these can guide me. My opinion is subjective.And no these are not the only manga I follow at the moment, they just seem in the same vein.
>>
Yeah, memes aside, both are bretty gud.
Don't listen to the faggots on the weekly threads.

I mean, I get where some people were coming from. The past arc was perhaps the longest and most action heavy arc in the manga, with almost every character doing something, so on a weekly basis it was pretty much a chore to read, because the developments were either too slow or too fast, chapter after chapter, and there was no time to cool down, as practically two arcs were running simultaneously.

If you read it in one go it should be alright. The author was aiming for a restructuration (if that's the correct word) of the character motives and alliances so he surely took his time.

Go for it.
>>
you'll like it if you think the uchiha clan is the coolest thing ever
>>
>>149396661
Tbh the last arc was still pretty bad in terms of pacing, weekly releases or not. Otherwise I think re: has been fine.
>>
File: nymsio8sy4WYNE73mao-o.jpg (184KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
nymsio8sy4WYNE73mao-o.jpg
184KB, 800x583px
>>149398155
re: peaked with the tsukiyama extermination operation. It hasn't been the same without best boy. After that arc because of -but not limited to- pacing problems the whole series has take a significant nosedive in quality.
>>
>>149396960
Fuck off

>>149396053
The series had probably one of the best growth arcs for the main character I've ever seen. The foreshadowing and whatnot is excellently delivered too, Ishida writes a pretty tight story without much superfluous detail.
>>
>>149398713
Some of the best developments in the entire series occurred in the most recent arc, pacing issues aside.

Loved the latest chapter too, got a bit of Kaneki's comfy SoL shenanigans.
>>
>>149396053
Don't fall for the memers. It's pretty shit and it keeps getting worse every chapter.
I honestly have no idea what's going on or who's who anymore.
>>
TG was okay
TG:re was good until like chapter 40-50 when one of the main characters died, Shirazu or something
>>
>>149396053
The story can be great at times but fuck me is the paneling and pacing awful. If I didn't care for the story there's no way I would read this shit. I don't know if it got worse or something in re: but a lot of the time I'll read a chapter and then sit there and realize I have no clue what the hell just happened or who everyone was in some cases.
>>
>>149398956
>>149396960
both of these anons are right
>>
>>149396053
Some people love it and some people hate it,

There's a healthy dose of trolling, but I'd be more inclined to believe the former than the latter. As the latter continues to follow the series and post in threads despite how much they apparently disparage it.
>>
File: uETUAQE.png (214KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
uETUAQE.png
214KB, 904x1300px
>>149398956
Here's a fun game. Try to figure out what the fuck is going on in this panel. Hard mode: Do it without tilting your head at an angle.
>>
>>149399133
Exactly and sometimes entire chapters are like this. I really would like to love this series and recommend it happily but damn does the author make it difficult.
>>
>>149398829
What developments are those? Characters pointlessly dying off panel just to reveal they aint dead?
>>
>>149399133
>>149399193
You need some context for that image to make sense.

Like the weird tentacle with a mouth thing is the remains of some god forsaken abomination. That the guy slashing it has an ability which transforms his right arm into some weird flesh blade.

The depiction is pretty obvious with that context.
>>
>>149399753
This is true but it was just about making a point, the number one problem with this manga is it's erratic presentation.
>>
>>149399708
The Washuu family are a bunch of ghouls
Arima is the OEK
Mutsuki is an insane serial killer
Furuta is revealed to be a half-ghoul like Kaneki
>>
>>149396053
Read Tokyo Ghoul, then pretend he just dies at the end.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.