[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrible writting. The manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 20th century.jpg (1MB, 1682x2475px) Image search: [Google]
20th century.jpg
1MB, 1682x2475px

Kenji is a good and charismatic boy, the bad guys envy him. He become a freaking loser as an adult, but the bad guys still resent him.
The guy dies, but not really he just loses his memory and become scared LOL.
He came back as a messiah and all of the sudden all his stupid actions are "wise" for everyone and always work, he touches the heart of the masses with shitty music, when the other characters were to do something they question themselves. "What would kenji do?"

way to force an MC, i really hope this manga losed popularity and was canned to justify the full plot hole ending.
>>
>>149382914
Urasawa ending are all shit
>>
>>149382914
yes, a waste of time, monster is his only good piece
>>
>>149382914
idk i loved the whole ride overall

Maybe it's just the role that "Kenji" played that got me. Also 20th century boys and 21st century boys seemed lengthy enough.
Not to say it wasn't shit. All of Urasawa's works throw out the pacing and narrative halfway through the story.
>>
>>149382914
yeah, I read it only because of his other works

How can anyone trust "Friend" if he never reveals his face?That was extreeme bullshit.
>>
>>149384419

After Billy Bat, I'm done with him.
>>
>>149382914
I disagree with what you say but it definitely got worse after the timeskip.
The part with the amusement park and the pope was ridicilous.
>>
>>149385771
What's Billy Bat about? It seems like another wild ride but I just can't get past the idea of the cartoon bat.
>>
>>149386173

It's about some godly entity (the bat) being portrayed by artists through comics.

Those comics usually tells what happens in the future.

I wouldn't waste your time with it. The ending reads like he just went "fuck this" to all the built up suspense and he wanted to end the manga asap.
>>
>>149384419
>>149385771

I hoped he'd improve after Happy but it looks like all mangaka like shitting the ending
>>
>>149386439
Why do mangaka like to shit on their readers?

I read The world is mine, Asatte dance and Soremachi recently and all of their endings sucked ass in different ways.
Japaanese have an inability to conclude their stories on any other note than unsatisfactory.
>>
>>149384419
>>149384442
>>149385687

I was told pluto is good, it was made alongside Tesuka right?
>>
>>149386734
It's good and it ends before Urasawa goes full Urasawa on it. Still think the man is more talented at making interesting characters and short stories ala Master Keaton than he is making longer mysteries.
>>
>>149386525
>Soremachi

Man I still feel cheated. I think it was intentional, but still, I feel cheated.
>>
>>149382914
I wish I'd dropped it. It just kept getting worse and worse.
>>
Pluto > Yawara > Happy > Master Keaton > Monster > 20th Century Boys > Billy Bat

He should go back to girl sports manga.
>>
Kanna's psychic powers were the stupidest shit in the manga and they didn't get anything resembling a coherent explanation. It also kinda ruined the big reveal that Friend was faker since psychic powers were a real thing either way.
>>
>>149386854
>>149386734
>>149387346
I've only read Pluto but I thought it was only pretty good. Is familiarity with the original Astro Boy necessary to get the most out of it?
>>
>>149382914
They really shouldn't have introduced the second friend. Hattori was a more interesting characters they should have expanded more on him.
>>
>>149387424
Just with Atom's and Tenma's backstory and the World's Strongest Robot story arc.
>>
I still genuinely believe that Choko-chan was a much better antagonist than anyone else Urasawa has written. She is the best.
>>
>>149387287

I was actually forcing myself to finish it i dont know why
>>
>>149387346
>Nobody even cares about pineapple army
It's not a big loss though.
>>
Way too long for such little pay off.

A fucking concert saves the world? Really? That's worse than power of friendship endings.
>>
>>149387424
Pluto is really his best work.

It doesn't drag like Monster/20CB and the ending is actually pretty good.
>>
>>149382914
The whole point was that it was a childhood fantasy made real, anon.
>>149386357
IIRC it changed schedules quite a bit leading up to the end. Sounds like he just ended it asap to wash his hands of it.
>>
>>149384442

Pluto was better imo.
>>
File: MasterKeaton1.png (71KB, 281x358px) Image search: [Google]
MasterKeaton1.png
71KB, 281x358px
>>149384442
Master Keaton was great. Like a geekier, more grounded Indiana Jones.
>>
I liked some story arcs in this and Billy Bat individually, it's just too incoherent when it tries to tied up an overarching plot.
>>
>>149387476

The second friend would have been alright if the one that died was the fake one, i was actually thinking it would turn that way
>>
>>149382914
Anyone that kept reading this shit after the introduction of the Mary Sue daughter and the Memory/Time Machine has only himself to blame.
>>
>>149387346
Stop trying to be contrarian faggot. Monster >>>>> 20th >>>>> Pluto
>>
>>149382914
Terrible bait: The thread
>>
>>149387346
happy is just going through the motions of old shoujo suffering manga without any heart to it
>>
>>149386525
>Why do mangaka like to shit on their readers?
Japaanese have an inability to conclude their stories on any other note than unsatisfactory.

I would really love to know the answer to this. My favorite manga are either on hiatus and will never be completed (X/1999,Clover, Nana) or have a shit end.
>>
>>149388238
I think that might of been the case actually given how the second friend was the one with the one with psychic powers and the first friend was described as nothing more than a con man
>>
File: kenji.jpg (25KB, 271x470px) Image search: [Google]
kenji.jpg
25KB, 271x470px
>>149382914
Still like Kenji's song despite it being a blatant rip of of Bob Dylan and John Lennon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xdY10RhB0s
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.