[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I am very old-fashioned. I have my own library of anime VHS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: anime vhs.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
anime vhs.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>I am very old-fashioned. I have my own library of anime VHS tapes, and my audio tapes. It is very ungrateful people throwing them away just because "UH. A CD quality. Great. Now I can trash my other stuff." How would you feel if your girls switched you for a better "quality" guy?
>Hey, VHS and audio tapes were the future back there. I still found those objects more the treasures, specially in how the were created. Quality is not everything you know, but rather the existence. I have my tape of the anime Metropolis and the DVD too.
>Ok, I may be a collector, but I really hate how people talk about those "Ancient" items like they are trash. They should be treasured as they were the fathers and grandfathers of CDs and DVDs. Sadly, they do not sale VHS tapes here anymore. It stopped in 2006. I always went in looking for the tapes of the movies I wanted.
>I couldn't afford a DVD player also at the time. But I still see my dear VHS tapes in my tape recorder. Specially the anime I recorded from TV.
>You see, these items have so much importance to me, because I grew with them. Almost every year I spent a month or 3 re-watching my tapes.
>Some much good memories come together with those tapes of the time those cartoons were broadcasted in TV and how was my life in that time.

Are any of your sentimental about your older format anime collections like this guy?
>>
>>149371687
>all that fukken text
I have some old tapes, they're cool, I like em.
>>
File: 1349762528924.jpg (315KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
1349762528924.jpg
315KB, 1000x708px
sage fag
>>
>>149371687
Meh, I threw most of my anime on VHS a long time ago.

Shit platform overall.
>>
>>149371687
this is actually the best way of viewing anime short of good telecine'd blu rays

dont make fun of what you dont understand
>>
>>149371687
Not really.
Especially when subbed tapes were more expensive
>>
>>149371733
VHS>DVD?
>>
I still have a bunch of fansub tapes, vcds, legit tapes and old comic style manga releases. A box of old fan mags as well. Its just for archival and fun, and i dnt throw out anything.
Because i have hording problems....
>>
>>149371851
Hoarders will be our salvation when it comes to documenting the history of anime releases.
>>
>>149371851
>>149371926
An archive is always necessary. Many things are often lost to time itself
>>
>>149372714
An archive is always necessary. Many things are often lost to time itself

I remember a site that was specifically for Ranma fanfiction. Too bad only a fraction of that (site) survived
>>
>>149371687
>dragon pink

sucks for you if you didn't have the 3rd ep
>>
>>149373918
I assume archive.org is all that saved the pieces that were left?
>>
>>149371687
No. From an early age I've been surrounded by relatives who hoarded piles of worthless shit, so I know how the mind of a mentally ill person works like when it comes to his or her collection. Thinking props somehow enrich your life in any way is fucking retarded if it's impractical.
I do have 1k or so DVDs from when the Internet was very crappy, I even bought cases and printed original or fan-made covers for them, but I soon realized it was stupid. Now I can download all that in minutes so I wouldn't feel bad about trashing all that.
I've learned that only physical books and maybe a few manga are worth collecting (i.e., you can lend them to other people, and printed words are something that in case you die, could actually enrich the life of someone else).
>>
>>149371687
this whole box would fit on a one BD-R or two
>>
>>149371687
I don't know why anyone would throw that stuff away if it's in decent condition. Those VHS tapes would look great neatly sorted on a shelf.
>>
You are analogy is shit anon.

It'd be more like if you lost weight or got extra buff. Same content but presented in a more attractive formant.
>>
>>149371687

I bought an S-VHS player just to watch old anime on VHS. It looks fucking FANTASTIC due to the built in time base corrector.
>>
>>149371687

No Gunsmith Cats on VHS? WTF dude!
>>
>>149374770
That whole box would fit on my USB stick
>>
>Tenchi in Tokyo

Burn it to the ground
>>
>>149376280

There's a much better looking DVD release. ADV VHS releases always looked bad. I have some of the laserdiscs they released before they quit & they're all laser rotted, so I'm guessing ADV was a really shitty distributor.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.