[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a Hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 25142.jpg (141KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
25142.jpg
141KB, 600x840px
What are peoples thoughts on this modern zombie apocalypse manga?
>>
>>149351950
It's slow pacing creates a great atmosphere for the whole thing.

And the alien aspect makes it its own awesome thing, so much better than any ther work in the genre.
>>
I AM A HEEEEEROOOOOO
AND YOU ARE A ZOMMMBIE-EE-EEE
WHENEVER YOU LUNGE FOR MY BRAINS
I'LL PULL OUT MAH GUU-U-U-UUNN
>>
>>149351950
Sometimes it's brilliant, sometimes it's boring.
>>
>>149351950
legitimately though this was a school shooter manga
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (873KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
873KB, 127x189px
DUDE IT'S ZOMBIE ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>149351950
It was fucking brilliant for like 200 chapters then it started going down the shitter.

>>149353996
I was tripped out when that happened in Wolfguy, I almost thought the series was going to be good after that.

Boy was I wrong.
>>
I love a good zombie apocalypse story. This one is great. Especially at the beginning when you're still trying to figure out if this whole thing is just going on in his head or not. I haven't completely discounted that it still very well could be him ending up in a padded cell with a doctor going on about his psychosis after killing his girlfriend.
>>
Its certainly worth a read. Thought theres some bizarre human behaviour in it.
The characters speaking about being murderers after using self defence agaisnt a corpse and leaving notes for police in a post-apocalyptic setting is kinda annoying.
People dont seem to see the same thing the reader sees, a walking corpse and blood leaking and shit starts eating people and people act as if they look perfectly normal and this is slightly strange.
Every male turns into a psycho rapist after a day of zombie apocalypse starting, ok then.
>>
>>149351950
Did they stop translating it or what happened?
>>
File: 1478100196584.png (552KB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478100196584.png
552KB, 1118x1600px
>>
>>149355520
>Every male turns into a psycho rapist after a day of zombie apocalypse starting, ok then.
I think this is just an example of civility breaking down in a post-apocalyptic situation. Not all dystopian stories have it but it adds a sense of brutality to the story just as long as it's not too over the top or blandly cliche'.
>>
>>149356138
They just released 239 and 240
>>
>>149356138

Todome recently released Ch.239 and 240 from Volume 21
>>
>>149351950
that gun looks fucking stupid
>>
>>149356573
What would actually happen is the alpha males get girls they want, and in exchange of sex they give them protection and share resources.
Then betas then get into a relationship with the remaining girls.
The amount of energy needed to keep others in a slave-master situation is way too much when you need to worry about survival and other basic needs.
>>
>>149356621
>>149356669
Oh nice.
>>
I've had enough of Zombie for a lifetime in 2003.

Don't understand how Ameridumbs are still eating this shit.
>>
File: IMG_0029.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0029.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>it's a plane-kun episode
>>
>>149351950
Is this manga finished yet? I do own the first 3 volumes, but i still have to read it.
They said Hanazawa is like Arai Hideki(TWIM)
>>
I mean you can read it, but i had to stop reading after chap100 because it just got boring.
>>
>>149355520
I thought it was supposed to be satirical of modern Japanese culture. 2ch chapters made it obvious.
>>
>>149351950

Should have ended like 100 chapters ago.

Concept was cool. Problem is it's been going on too long now.
>>
>>149358738
agreed
>>
>>149351950
How was the live-action film adaptation of this thing? Worth checking out?
>>
Urasawa Naoki (Monster, Billybat) intereviews the author Hanazawa Kengo on creating I Am A Hero.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x4nnj2k

I think he treats it like a movie or TV series mostly using whatever tools he has available.
I honestly can't see what people are complaining about and rather enjoyed the slow pacing and well drawn characters with clear motivations in my seinen manga.
>>
It's not a bad read, but the plot tends to go on a rollercoaster sometimes.
>>
It's a good read, but lately he focuses on other groups more often, and honestly they're really boring and lack personality like the main characters do. Thus it can feel like it's dragging when he spends several chapters on them.

If you asked me to name and explain the other characters I don't think I'd be able to.
>>
>>149351950
it's great but it definitely peaked at the shopping mall arc.
>>
>>149353996
>I AM AN HERO
one letter off
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.