[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Holes you poke in your favorite animes upon rewatching that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

In Death Note, when Light says that he has 50 prisoners saved for later, he never really explains what he means. The story quickly waves this off and keeps going, yet several episodes later Light relies heavily on these prisoners to get Raye Penber to ignore him and head for his other mark. This in itself is a big problem. So Light just had all 50 of these people's names and faces memorized? That's believable, but what made them more particular than the 46 prisoners he had already killed only weeks before every hour on the hour to taunt L? The story never explain this, and furthermore, the concept of non-designated limits to the time-span Light can kill is only delved into about 5 episodes later in the anime, and even then, Ryuk says he doesn't know for sure if the Death Note has a limit to a date designated.

Was this a fault of the anime?

I also have a problem with what happened after. Raye Penber took the bait and stops suspecting Light, which meant the other FBI would have been busy chasing gooses and eventually lost faith in L's deductive talents. Instead of letting this happen, the dumbass decides to kill them all through Raye Penber, which of course leads his wife to the precinct, who worked with L, whose name reaches L, which causes L to suspect Light in the first place. All this was predicated on Light killing those agents against his own interests.

Was there a better way the author could have written this?
>>
File: shrug.png (922KB, 1038x770px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
922KB, 1038x770px
>>149332004
he was beaten by a child
>>
File: 1469669637174.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469669637174.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>animes
>plotholefagging
>especially on something you apparently love enough to consider it a favorite
Fucking wow.
>>
File: fullmetal pipsqueak.jpg (79KB, 987x786px) Image search: [Google]
fullmetal pipsqueak.jpg
79KB, 987x786px
Not really a plot-hole, per say, but a plot detail I have an issue with.

No-one in the Fullmetal Alchemist universe who wears automail should have the ability to perform alchemy. When you have an artificial arm, it creates an incomplete, unnatural circle which should prevent you from transmuting things.
>>
>that one guy in Death Note isn't black in the animes
I'm glad the live action film will correct the record on this one so the nips can be forced to go back and color him in like in the manga.
>>
File: 1477874938605.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1477874938605.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
>Be me
>Watch First season of JoJo
>Erina gets in Dio's coffin
>3 seasons later Dio gets out in same Coffin
>>
>>149332004
>but what made them more particular than the 46 prisoners he had already killed only weeks before every hour on the hour to taunt L
Nothing. Why do they need to be? They're just guys he had memorized in case he couldn't get the news.
>>
>>149336747
Transmitting power through materials have been shown before. By that logic, Armstrong punching bricks into spikes should not work since he's doing it through his gloves.
>>
My bigger concern with this anime is that names are not unique identifiers. Any combination of name+surname can point to multiple people.
>>
>>149332004
Death Note is plotholes - the Anime
>>
>>149332004
a) In reserve doesn't mean he wrote their names in a Death Note at all. Time limits are not involved, he just has a list. Nothing made them particular, they were just ammo. That much should have been obvious to you.
b) Light is explicitly childish. Had he not gotten buttblasted over Lind L. Taylor and killed him, there would be no manga because nobody would be able to catch Kira ever.
>>
File: heh.gif (667KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
heh.gif
667KB, 245x300px
>>149337001
Second episode.
>>
>>149337001
>its OK you just have to think the person intently!!! XDDD
>>
>>149337827
The explanation they give is fucking garbage and inconsistent
>>
>>149337947
>Think about name
>Think about face
>Write name
What is inconsistent about this? They even use face recognition as an anti-DN defense later on
>>
>>149337947
Just like the rest of this filth, I dont see a problem.
>>
>>149336875
Don't worry, that isn't the last thing Araki forgets.
>>
Mochizou is an extremely boring character. I honestly don't even care for the romance in TLS.
I liked the movie more on my rewatch despite the fact.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.