[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /a/ seem to think that some shounen/seinen shows are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: lol.jpg (289KB, 945x1323px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
289KB, 945x1323px
Why does /a/ seem to think that some shounen/seinen shows are targetted at fujoshis? Logically speaking, wouldn't they be shoujo/josei if they really wanted to go for the fujoshi audience?

I mean, i've read some series that were obviously targetted at fujoshi, there's a manga about a group of men who get trapped in a castle as part of some selection process to become the emperor. That's josei and it has a massive amount of yaoi subtext in it (the fact that the characters are all incredibly handsome beautiful young men who get very close to each other kind of gives it away). But it's a josei series so that's not surprising.

When people say that series like Kuroshitsuji or Owari no Seraph are "fujoshi shows", that's kind of surprising because the art style, story and themes mostly focus on other things designed to appeal to their core audience (typically shounen). Not fujoshis. At best, whatever yaoi subtext is there is like yuri subtext in a het harem show (two girls fondling each other for one scene), its just there as minor fanservice.
>>
Lots of girls have abandoned yuri and are reading shonen manga instead.
Just because it's in a shonen magazine doesn't mean you can't try to appeal to girls' fetishes.

>Black Butler
>not going to lengths to appeal to fujoshi
You are delusional.
>>
>>149311476
It's shit.
>>
File: Straight manga for straight men.jpg (111KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Straight manga for straight men.jpg
111KB, 500x600px
>>149311476
Kuroshitsuji is a thinly veiled shotacon fanservice manga, but nothing fujoshi here, right?
>>
>>149311796
>yuri
*shoujo
>>
File: 11.jpg (108KB, 509x810px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
108KB, 509x810px
>>149311476

That doujin was a farce. The cover page implied crossdressing Ciel, instead it was just regular Ciel in the twintails wig but without the rest of the ensemble. Like it was one of those "I have nothing I have to do today and it's raining out, so I'm staying inside and not changing out of my pajamas" days.

Don't get the wrong idea. I liked what I read. But it was still a farce. The whole "boyfriend shirt" bit is supposed to be the dessert, not the appetizer.
>>
>>149311476
Kuroshitsuji does have a lot of undertones though. Bad examples.
>>
>>149314431
What a pretty girl.
Don't complain too much about it.
>>
>>149311476
That is because 90% of /a/ are underage kids who use mal and reddit too.
>>
>>149311476
the author of kuroshitsuji used to write explicit shotacon. it's a good manga but it's written to appeal to fujoshi.
>>
>>149311476
Do not try to classify what fujoshit is, it's futile. Fujos are unpredictable, they can like the manliest, straightest series with nothing aimed at them, or blatant pandering, or just BL.
>>
Shoujo and Josei don't always have fujos' interests in mind, as they're usually hetero romance, and most fanservice usually goes to the girl anyway. There's more male focus in Shonen and Seinen, and, with authors becoming more aware of other audiences, some manga will be deliberately written to get those fans interested as well. Thus, if people see close male relationships beyond bros, or more than one male character that is attractive, people will say the author or artist did it to attract fujos to the manga.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.