[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quite fun, but holy fuck isn't it inconsistent. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

Quite fun, but holy fuck isn't it inconsistent. What does /a\ think?
>>
Squealer did NOTHING wrong.
>>
>>149273068
He hurt an innocent lesbian
Fuck Saki for betraying Maria like that
>>
First ~10 epsidoes are a mess.
>>
>>149273048
>/a\
>>
>>149273068
Except for literally everything

Do you consider monkeys as humans?
>>
I absolutely loved this series, it was great seeing Ash Ketchum grow up in this anime.
>>
"Fun" is not the word I would use to describe it. Not even a little bit.
>>
>>149273370
Race traitor go and stay go
>>
It's one of those shows that seems amazing, but when you actually think about why it's amazing you can't come up with a reason. It's mainly due to the soundtrack.
>>
>>149273404
You are the race traitor for supporting a literal rat who wanted to kill humans
>>
I liked it a lot, the world was really interesting, talking about this show with my friends never ceases to be a fun event
>>
>>149273308
Sry, fellow \a/colyte.
>>149273068
Except for being born as an inferior creature
>>
It was really good, but the most of the "twists" were easy to predict. Not sure if the revelation in the final episode was supposed to be shocking, but it just felt more like a confirmation for something that most people had probably already figured out ages ago. The characters were alright, but the mood is what made the show. That appelbaumwhatever syndrom shit was actually really disturbing.
>>
>>149273415
It's amazing due to semi-postapo dystopian future, social issues and good characters, but unfortunately it wanst thought out well enough and turns out dumb for the most of it
>>
>>149273048
Hearing the main melody from the 2nd movement of the New World symphony still gets to me after watching it. That work was in no way foreign to me before hand (as I'm a cellist), but man, it really messes with me now.

Very haunting.
>>
Manga was better
>>
>>149273946
I only read a single Chapter after the Anime. And we all know which one that was.
>>
Boring as shit
>>
Yeah I thought it was great. It will probably join the ranks of Kaiba, Ping-Pong, and possibly now Flip Flappers as shows that will be fondly remembered by several but never massively known.
>>
>>149273048
I enjoyed how the society was depicted as a sort of shitty place but also pretty much the best thing the people could come up with.
>>
>>149273048
I liked it. I wanted to fuck Saki.
>>
>>149273415
>It's one of those shows that seems amazing, but when you actually think about why it's amazing you can't come up with a reason.
It's really hard to put into words and whenever I try it sounds really dumb.
>>
The only thing that made no sense was the random as fuck change to everyone being homo. How did they explain that, again? I know it had something to do with monkeys, but it was an entirely random thing that was just thrown in there out of nowhere.
>>
>>149273431
>literal monkeys with esp
>humans
Do you really categorize yourself as such?
>>
>>149276414
Stress relief and general boost to happiness
>>
>>149273404
He's not the one identifying as a disgusting inhuman morally-bankrupt homosexual esper.
>>
>>149276414
>>149276725
This, combined with the loss of the technology needed for condoms.
>>
>>149276414
According to the original book kids in this society are expected to have homosexual relationships when they are young. The book mentions gay blowjobs and Saki says that she has experience pleasing other girls. Only when they become old enough, as marked by that ritual they had to pair up in, they are then expected to have hetrosexual relationship, and homosexual is seen to be childish.
>>
>>149276414
It was less "everyone is gay" to "Children get to enjoy free love"

I guess the best visual metaphor they had for that was homolust. But I'm sure some kids were banging people of the opposite gender two.
>>
>>149277290
I think it was mentioned that heterosexual sex was forbidden until a certain age. And it's very unlikely that offenders would be able to keep it hidden.
>>
Only instance of proper scifi outside of a high tech setting i've conme across. It has its flaws in production and pacing but i love it for what it is.
>>
>>149273098
I'm with you on this one, Squealer did that one thing wrong. And he deserved to die for it.
>>
Probably my favourite show, absolutely loved it all the way through. Recommended it to my normie brother and even he thought it was amazing, I honestly don't understand why it's not considered a classic or anything.
>>
>>149276217
>>149273415
Okay, I'll try anyway.

What makes SSY great is it being an unconventional dystopia. It uses supernatural elements, but only ever to exaggerate problems that also exist in real life. It is very grounded and very weird at the same time. Also the book goes into crazy amounts of detail to depict every facet of life in their society.
>>
>>149273048
Most misleading poster ever or most misleading poster in the universe? I feel so bad for people who went into it expecting a moe lighthearted SoL.
>>
>>149278628
I really liked being mislead that way. But it kind of falls apart at the first scene.
>>
>>149278628
>SoL
>a fucking pig looking like some miserable creep on the back
To be fair I didn't think it would be THAT dark at first
>>
>>149273048
I loved every second of it. It is by no means perfect, but it has a great story and is very well done.
>>
>>149273048
The uniform design and most of the clothing design in general is top tier
>>
>>149279059
Dem yoga pants.
>>
>>149275819
It is pretty well known.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.