[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are transfer students really this common in Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1446711860307.jpg (33KB, 580x320px) Image search: [Google]
1446711860307.jpg
33KB, 580x320px
Are transfer students really this common in Japan?
>>
>>149267951
Japan isn't anime-land
Haruhi willed that to happen, so it happened, there's not societal reason or other stupid stuff
>>
>>149268476

You think Haruhi was the only series where "mysterious transfer student"-cliche happened?
>>
>>149268510
Then don't post Haruhi of all things
>>
File: 1423149467998.gif (2MB, 207x140px) Image search: [Google]
1423149467998.gif
2MB, 207x140px
>>149268510
Baited for this EXACT response.
>>
>>149267951
Why don't you transfer there and find out for yourself?
>>
File: inou.jpg (50KB, 708x397px) Image search: [Google]
inou.jpg
50KB, 708x397px
A kid from burgerland transferred to my class once in elementary school. I was so close to having a hot blonde osananajimi, but instead it was just some miniature Eminem. Fuck.
>>
>>149267951
About as common as burgerland. They're an overused plot device.
>>
>>149268534

But Haruhi is exactly right thing to post in this context. Haruhi was parodying that cliche because it was/is so common. With one parody you get reference to all those other instances in anime medium. And considering how common it is in anime it is a valid to ask if it is as common phenomena in the real Japan.
>>
>>149270911
Except in Haruhi it's actually explained and there's a perfectly good reason for it to happen
It's like complaining about Itona being a transfer student in Ass Class, it makes perfect sense in context
>>
>>149271106
To subvert a trope it needs to exist first, so Haruhi is relevant here
>>
>>149271234
>subvert
Haruhi doesn't subvert shit
The mysterious transfer student comes and he's an esper
Just because you break the 4th wall doesn't mean you're subverting a trope
That said Haruhi is awesome and Koizumi really should have been the lead
>so we're stuck in the loop and it's the 15000th time? Did you try porking Haruhi?
>do you want me to do it?
>>
>>149271413
Well he IS a transfer student but rather than this being used to make the plot advance easily, it's rooted in the story's intentions, being a consequence rather than a mean. Subverted might not be the correct word but you probably get where I'm coming from.
>>
>>149269161
Its much rarer in Japan, because school is basically your whole life and transferring isn't something you can easily do because it upends your life track and there are entrance exams to consider.

If you are going to transfer you either have to accept school slightly worse than your current one or switch to private and have your parents pay a shit-ton of money as well as pay catchup all year and be ostracized until you can make new friends.
>>
>>149267951
It's supposed to be a note worthy event that kicks off the show or a new arc, so no.
>>
>>149271514
Yeah I get what you're trying to say, it exasperates the transfer student trope for the sake of humor and entertainment of the people knowledgeable of anime
Anime does this a lot which makes it difficult to get into because you'll usually be unable to get it unless you've watched enough of the medium
>>
I should read the manga or watch the anime?
>>
>>149273202
Watch S1/S2, the movie and read the LNs if you want more because S3 fucking never
>>
>>149268510

But transfer students are a thing because it's uncommon.
It's like asking if terrorist hijackings of Air Force One is a common thing in burgerland.
>>
>>149273257
it's something wrong with manga?
>>
>>149273510
Yeah it's cheap af
>>
>>149273202
Anime follows the light novels pretty faithfully, and it has the definitive take on the events. Manga changes some key moments quite a lot. Even though the changes are kind of interesting, some of them end up hurting the characterizations. You can check out the manga afterwards if you feel like it, but I don't think it's a good idea to start from there.
>>
>>149273658
>>149273538
thanks anons
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.