[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Best anime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 19

File: best-anime (1).jpg (4MB, 3598x2025px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
best-anime (1).jpg
4MB, 3598x2025px
Is it just me, or is anime getting worse? Here are the best titles of every year (imo) in descending order.
>>
>>149244347
hello where are the mikoto
>>
File: 1428518733390.jpg (274KB, 722x748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1428518733390.jpg
274KB, 722x748px
>Wixoss and Log Horizon.
Is this chart serious.
>>
>>149244347
Meme chart made by a tasteless normalfag. 2015 is all I had to look at.
>>
>>149244347
I had more fun with heroaca than mob this year
>>
>>149244347
You just have massively shit taste OP
>>
>>149244347
This is some good bait.
>>
>>149244529
>>149244722
>>149244959
not OP, but what's wrong with the chart?
>>
>>149244347
insufficient sample size
selection bias
>>
>>149245083
It looks like he took someone else's chart up to 2012 or so and then filled the subsequent years out with stuff designed to piss people off. Either that or it's because he hasn't been trying as much anime as he used to. I just find it very hard to believe that someone with the broadness of taste those mid-00s selections show could watch a major portion of the stuff that came out last year and then say "Yeah, Shokugeki no Souma is totally the best thing here."
>>
>>149245327
well the mid-00s was probably the peak of anime, recent years just haven't been that good
>>
>>149245083
It's bait, because someone is always gonna get pissed that the ''wrong'' anime is there or something they thing is good is lacking on the chart. So its made to trigger people.
>>
>>149245570
What you just said has literally nothing to do with my post, anon. I'm not randomly looking at raw numbers, I'm looking at the actual range of specific things he enjoyed in the past, and the things that aired last year, and I'm saying that someone who liked all the things he claims to have liked should have easily found plenty of things in 2015 besides OPM and fucking Shokugeki that he'd enjoy.
>>
>>149245643
>>149244529
I actually only finished 8 shows from 2015 (I tried about half of the shows that came out, and dropped them). The last few years have so many generic titles in them. Nothing really stands out. the only reason I give new anime a try is because everyone claims that I am biased towards "oldshit". So I give "new shit" a try to see if anything good comes out, but no. Nothing that I would consider good.
>>
>>149244529
>>149244722
>>149244959
Well then boys, could you please give me a sample of your patrician taste, by just listing your favorite shows from 90-16?
>>
>>149246282
> I tried about half of the shows that came out, and dropped them
So you're telling me that you dislike things like NNB and Working even with all those SoL and CGDCT on your list? You dislike Fafner even with all that /m/ on the earlier portions of your list (including trash like Betterman and Blue Seed)? You're a fan of a bunch of Yamada/KyoAni works (Air, really?) but disliked Hibike? You think Kekkai Sensen or Rokka no Yuusha are more generic than Shokugeki? etc.

Also, I assume you only mentioned franchises once (rather than listing all entries) on purpose, but it really messes up the list because there are disproportionate numbers of recent sequels to stuff you liked, most of which you probably also liked, but which don't show up, making the recent years look worse comparatively than they otherwise would.
>>
>>149246735
>Blue Seed
I meant Blue Gender, obviously.
>>
>>149246735
yeah I gave some sol and the cgdct a chance when I started out, but what little i have on this stuff I have on my list is what I have bothered to watch. After trying non non byori and alomst dying from boredom, I gave up on sol.
Fafner was also kinda boring, and I am not a fan of /m/ (70's and 80's anti war themed mecha shows get a pass and other mecha shows that I like, have to be interesting as shows).
Again, I used to like like shows like clannad, air etc. but after my taste developed a little more (and after I saw the horrific piece of shit that was ef a tale of memories) I Started to despise melodramatic romance crap. I said that I tried out half of the shows from 2015 (aint nobody got time to watch absolutely everything that airs and old stuff and study and work at a restaurant). That half a gave a chance to was really generic crap.

I rarely watch sequels. And I dont see how sequels would help the recent years.
Older years: a lot of interesting and original content every year.
Recent years: a lot of crap every year, with some sequels.
>>
>>149247372
> I gave some sol and the cgdct a chance when I started out
> Again, I used to like like shows like clannad, air etc.
So what you're saying is that anime didn't get worse, your tastes just got narrower.

> Fafner was also kinda boring
>I rarely watch sequels
You're beyond help.
>>
File: fixeditforyou.png (2MB, 1773x974px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fixeditforyou.png
2MB, 1773x974px
>>149244347
fify
>>
>>149247576
can't sort by date, I'll just assume trash taste
>>
>>149247590
this is probably the worst taste i have ever seen and will ever seen, you digust
>>
>>149247478
What happened to my taste was this:
Instead of watching anime to have fun, I watch it to find some of the best shows ever made. My standards just got higher. Right now, I just want to find anime that would fit inside my top 15 (and if i feel like it can't accomplish this, then I drop it)
>>
>>149247653
Just picking out of the ones that where there, wasn't really much to work with
>>
>>149247590
Does red mean that you have not seen those shows.
If so, then fuck off and watch more anime.
>>
>>149247680
Not only is that retarded, but it's still got nothing to do with the quality of shows changing. If you admit that your standards got higher, then why the fuck did you make a thread about anime "getting worse" when that's clearly not the issue here?
>>
>>149247722
It means I dislike them, seen every show on the list
>>
>>149247771
Dislike is too strong of a word, I like them, just never thought they where anything special.
>>
>>149247576
Really bad taste over here.
>has not seen any retro shows
>every show is rated really highly
>>
>>149247771
Quit lying. I bet that you haven't seen any of the shows that you marked with red.
>>
>>149247920
Who the fuck hasn't seen Attack on Titan?
>>
>>149244347
Nice bait thread

Here's a (you)
>>
>31 from 2010 to 2016
>31 from 1990 to 2000
In 6 years the 2010s got the same amount of "best anime" that the 90s got. People are always saying "the past was better" for just about everything. It's easy to think that modern stuff is bad because you're sample pool is much smaller than everything made in the past. Of course there is going to be less good things coming out in a 5 year time span than a 25 year time span.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x960px
>>149247723
So, becoming more critical over time, and looking for good shows is somehow considered retarded?

Also, forgot to add image to previous post >>149247680
>>
File: never forget.jpg (1MB, 2339x1956px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
never forget.jpg
1MB, 2339x1956px
has /a/ already forgot?
>>
>>149248083
>tfw waiting a month to get the last two episodes
>tfw gg releases episode 12 before 11 because they're cunts
>>
>>149247992
90s > 2000 = quality over quantity.
2010's = quantity over quality.
I never said that the 90's was a high point for anime. They made less stuff, but the good shows that they made were better than the best shows that they are making now.
>>
>>149248083
I will never forgot the mediocre mess that was madoka.
>>
Good night /a/!
>>
File: Spacedandy.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Spacedandy.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>>149244347
No Space Dandy?
>>
File: 13894113175662.jpg (96KB, 432x318px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
13894113175662.jpg
96KB, 432x318px
>AzuDai Animation
>Genshiken
>Air
>K-On!
>Literally everything you listed for 2013
>Parasyte
>OPM
>Luluco
>Digimon
>Angelic Layer
>Fate
>Wixoss

>Anywhere remotely close to deserving the title of AOTY
>>
I don't like OP, so the only recommendation I'm going to give him is Hibike Euphonium 2.

It's my new boku no pico-fuck off, and it even looks normal enough to make it seem like I really mean it.
And if he's going to say that he watched Euphonium 2 and liked it, I will just keep telling him to keep watching it.
>>
>>149244347
>90-98
No serious issues, save the absence of Tylor

>99
Ryvius should be near the top

>00
No serious issues

>01
If you liked Excel Saga, why didn't you include Galaxy Angel, which I'd undoubtedly put at the top?

>02
Azumanga should be on top, and no 12 Kingdoms or FMP?

>03
No serious issues

>04
You're missing Marimite, Rozen Maiden, Mai-Hime, & Shinobuden

>>149247680
>Right now, I just want to find anime that would fit inside my top 15
That's just too selective. You've obviously seen quite a few shows, so that comes out to what, the top 5% of shows you've seen? And don't forget the fact that some anime don't pick up steam until the second half.
>>
>>149248277
>Cowboy beboobies
>AOTY
>>
>>149248301
Yeah well, let's just like agree to disagree, man!
>>
>>149247590
Is this bait?
>>
>>149248572
no, it's fact
>>
>>149248326
*still haven't seen ryvius
*never saw Galaxy angel. I'll check it out.
*forgot about 12 kingdoms (nobody is perfect) and fmp second raid is under 05.

I have seen alot more anime than on the pic (stuff from 70's, 80's and everything that did not make the cut, and also about 400+ dropped shows). Also, most of the shows from my top 15 started out great, and stayed that way.
>>
w-were is re:zero?
>>
>>149244347
>unofficial chart
>OPM
>JoJo
>>>/v/
>>
>>149247590
>death note
>note goos
Pure autism. Consider suicide
>>
>>149246735
>Blue Gender
>trash
Hey I liked that show
>>
>>149249052
wow since 2012 /a/ went into the trash
>>
>>149249057
how the fuck is Death Note good? It started great then turned to cancer at the end
>>
>>149249052
this is worse than op's
>>
>>149247997
Dropping any show that isn't one of your top fifteen of all time is retarded, yes.
>>
>>149249052
Is this bait?
>>
>>149250014
It's official and objective. It even says so in the filename.
>>
File: 1475584213738.png (508KB, 648x598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1475584213738.png
508KB, 648x598px
>>149247680
>Instead of watching anime to have fun, I watch it to find some of the best shows ever made
Found your issue, you fucking autist. Media-watching is a pastime, not some sort of goal-driven quest. You should just kill yourself.
>>
>>149250071
>you should just kill yourself
Never say something this irresponsible again, you dumbass!
>>
>>149249936
So, having high standards is retarded?
>>
>>149250035
Being pretty does not make it official and it's made by people, which makes it subjective by default.
>>
Anime is getting worse, yeah, for a lot of reasons. There are less great artists and the talent that does exist is spread very thin. That's not to say that anime's dead, or there's nothing good anymore, rather that the great works of today are lesser in numbers and quality to those of yesterday.

>>149247997
You call those high standards?
>>
>>149247590
At least you like ssy
>>
>>149251623
>You call those high standards?
Define what objective high standards are. I love these show because of how much they give me to think about. If you can name shows that are smarter, then let's hear it.
>>
>>149252173
>define what objective high standards are
No one can do that. What I can do though, is tell you how painfully obvious it is that you've only been into anime for a year or two and are still largely culturally illiterate. Maybe you do love those shows. Good for you, but don't go around embarrassing yourself by flaunting such basic bitch choices as your favourites, let alone the best ever.
>>
>>149244347
>is it just me
(You)
>>
do you have to ask, biggest grossing anime is idolshit
>>
>>149249758
Dude i couldn't get into that show at all, I finished the series and was like this was trash.
>>
>>149255177
Had a cool ass premise, got shit around 5 episodes before the big death.
>>
>>149255242
Oh no doubt, the premise itself is neat, but all the characters i felt were completely unrelatable and just horribly boring.
>>
File: Pino and Vinny.jpg (51KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pino and Vinny.jpg
51KB, 1280x768px
>>149244347
Everything you have under 2006 is flaming shit.
>>
>>149244432
Seriously, No "A Certain"???
>>
>>149244347
>being retarded and having shit taste
Found your problem.
>>
>>149248083
Yes, highly forgettable. Shocking but not good.
>>
>>149256630
Fuck this franchise.
>>
>>149252368
>largely culturally illiterate
>such basic bitch choices
Again, what am I missing. Is there some kind of a super secret show that i should have there.
Do you know thatanimesnob? The dude has seen almost every anime out there and has some pretty high standards. Yet judging by his top 10 all time favorites (lain > kaiba > ergo proxy > haibane renmei > welcome to the nhk > fma broho > neon genesis Evangelion > tatami galaxy > LOGH), you would come to a conclusion that he has a basic bitch taste. Even if you showed a list of your Favorites, I could call it a basic bitch taste. So yeah, you don't know what you are talking about and you are just acting like a bitch.
>>
>>149244492
s1 of log was alright
altho s2 was awful.
>>
File: 1457191092379.jpg (38KB, 428x402px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457191092379.jpg
38KB, 428x402px
>No Madoka.
>>
>>149252173
>I love these show because of how much they give me to think about
>Clannad
>Death Note
>GTO
>Trigun
>School fucking Days
Is this a joke?
>>
>>149259468
Also, is that Parasyte at the bottom? Do you seriously think that was smart? Those moral/environmental messages were some of the most heavyhanded shit this side of Arjuna.
>>
File: taste.jpg (2MB, 3598x2142px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
taste.jpg
2MB, 3598x2142px
Here's my taste.

>>149259433
Your taste is still shit Kevin.
>>
File: 1449087001500.jpg (141KB, 1000x1004px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449087001500.jpg
141KB, 1000x1004px
>>149259618
Don't bully me, pls.
>>
File: bullying is great.png (847KB, 1072x1072px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bullying is great.png
847KB, 1072x1072px
>>149259634
You're not even worth the energy.
>>
>>149244347
I feel bad when people put all this effort into making a chart and it's just wrong. Also I don't know why you're saying Anime is getting worse when you have a lot more series in recent years then 90s and early 2000s.
>>
File: 1454178580205.gif (685KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454178580205.gif
685KB, 500x281px
>>149259649
I still think that's indirect bullying!
>>
>>149244347
>no Uchouten Kazoku
ugh
>>
>>149244347
>no Index
>no Shingeki no Bahamut
>no Durarara
>>
Why is this thread still alive?
>>
>>149259888
>all shit shows
No wonder
>>
>>149259948
>/a/ in charge of taste
I agree anon, shit Laagan and Shit la Shit was so much better.
>>
>>149259968
They are.
>>
>>149260070
They are really not.
Next you gonna tell me that FLCL was good too?
>>
File: 1420806564725.jpg (339KB, 1724x1032px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420806564725.jpg
339KB, 1724x1032px
So what should I watch next then?
>>
>>149260094
>Tsugumomo
>Sakamoto Desu ga
>Fuuka
>Strike the Blood II
Update your shit.
>>
>>149259393
Season 1 was Sao done right.
>>149259433
Madoka is shit.
>>149259468
Clannad is there because it is important to me.
Death note was my first, and it has tons to think about. I just have a different way of looking at it.
GTO is the only show on the list that is there because I enjoyed it.
Trigun has literally hours of stuff to talk about. And again, I have a different point of view on it.
School days might be accidentally brilliant, but the fact is that I wrote my first novel after it influenced me, and I got published thanks to that.
>>
>>149260085
Yes.

>they're really not
Wow, you sure have taste

>>149260094
Watch Tsukihime
>>
>>149259687
Quantity =/= Quality
>>
>>149260094
Delete everything. Watch older stuff.
>>
Your chart is fine, OP. Not the most original or the best of tastes (Witch Hunter Robin and no Juuni Kokuki, seriously?), but fairly decent.
You're wasting your time here though. You've already posted a screenshot from MAL, quoted some YouTube faggot and you keep replying to trolls.

>if you liked x why didn't you include y
With deep criticism like this this board is doomed.
>>
>>149244347
Oh look another 3deep5u hipster faggot.
>>
>>149260359
>implying OP isn't a troll himself
Have you been reading these fucking posts? He's either baiting hard or he's a genuine retard.
>>
>>149260366
It's a better alternative to being a retard who has shit taste and likes everything cuz boobies and action.
>>
>>149260094
Now, THIS is real bait and of good quality.
>>
>>149260359
>>if you liked x why didn't you include y
>With deep criticism like this this board is doomed.
You do realize that his only response to that was "Because my tastes got narrower between seeing x and seeing y," which puts a giant fucking hole in his "anime is getting worse" claim, right?
>>
>>149244347
Is it me or are OPs getting more homo lmao.
>>
>>149260380
>I don't agree with you, so that means that you are either baiting or a troll.
Keep crying.
>>
>>149260466
>> either baiting or a troll
Keep being illiterate.
>>
>>149260316
Ok sure but if you're talking about the Anime industry as a whole then more good series would imply that Anime is better.
>>
>>149260438
What part of my claim implies I give a shit about OP's opinion on the quality of present day anime or the state of the industry? Do you even know what a false dichotomy is? This
>if you liked x why didn't you include y
level of retardation is inherently bad even for 4chan

Why the fuck has this board's reading comprehension decreased so much in only a few years?
>>
>>149260535
> What part of my claim implies I give a shit about OP's opinion on the quality of present day anime or the state of the industry?
What part of my claims imply I think you do? I'm merely pointing out that those criticisms of OP's claim caused it to fall apart, which is at the least a strike against your claim that they were shitty criticisms.
>>if you liked x why didn't you include y
If you seriously think it's ridiculous to say "It seems weird that you would like all these shows but not any of these many similar shows that most people would agree are at least on the same level," then you shouldn't be trying to call anyone else retarded.
>>
Good morning /a/!
>>
>>149260594
>What part of my claims imply I think you do?
I don't know. Maybe it was the fact you replied to my post saying something about some faggot punching a hole through OPs' claims.
>that most people would agree are at least on the same level
Sorry, but who's 'most people'? What's next? Validating your taste against Anidb/MAL Top 100? Judging something by it's sales figures? I'm asking because I never know what to expect from this nighttime nu-/a/.
Let me break down the story for you:
>OP began watching anime 9+ years ago
>OP makes a chart based on his opinions
>OP has nostalgia goggles
>OP turned jaded by an industry with shittier writing, recycled tropes, LN adaptations, moe/waifu pandering
>OP still likes fewer shit shows
>OP posts clearly contradictory assessments (>>149260294, >>149247680, >>149252173)
>It's all good because something something his taste
>The end
>>
>>149259831
That's because it's shit.
>but muh pretty backgrounds
>>
>>149260785
>Maybe it was the fact you replied to my post saying something about some faggot punching a hole through OPs' claims
Work on your own reading comprehension, then. That doesn't imply it at all.
>Sorry, but who's 'most people'?
You need me to add an "in my experience" so I don't hurt your feelings?
>validating
>judging
Again, work on your own reading comprehension, none of that is going on.
>Let me break down the story for you:
Nice story, but it's not what we're discussing. Three strikes and you're out, have a nice day.
>>
>>149260785
Since when is not liking bad anime the same as having nostalgia goggles?
>>
>>149260903
Look, if you think there's nothing inherently stupid about claims of the likes
>if you liked X you must like Y
>(because they're ''''equally'''' '''''''''good''''''''') <- HINT: implied meaning
or that you consider them a deep criticism of an anime series, or even some sort of valid claim as to the merit of a Chink cartoon, then you're a fucking retard and I don't care about your silly strikes.
That was the sole reason I said what I said in my first post (>>149260359), yet you went off rails due to your crappy reading skills. It's apparent you interpreted 'criticism' as if I was referring to the argumentation or rebuttal of OP's claims, when I had no intention to discuss /a/'s way of arguing. Rather I was just pointing out how shitty /a/ is (has been/will be) when it comes to expressing, in words or rational arguments, why some series is either good, bad or why it ought to be in some sort of ranking and in x position.
>>
>>149260905
If OP rewatched some series he included, had them fresh in his memory and attempted to be unbiased when making this collage, there's no way he'd include some of them or place them as high. Just trust me on this one.
>>
>>149261261
>unbiased
Is it even possible to be unbiased?
>>
>>149244347
>Blue Gender

you really enjoyed some poor VA saying 'YUJI!!!' 15 times per episode?
>>
>>149261933
I watched the dub.
>>
I think you're a filthy casual who has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>149247939
I haven't because it's animation makes me want to fucking kill my self
>>
>>149262184

Did the dub at all change the asspull of Marlene going from 'tough future army woman' to 'hot for the MCs dick'? or 'lol the sleeper are actually Blue 2.0 don't tell anyone'?
>>
>>149244347
>Baki
Mah nigga
>>
File: Pun.png (137KB, 689x491px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pun.png
137KB, 689x491px
Yes anime is getting worse, if you disagree you're either blind or you have some disability.
>>
>>149259370
That fact that top ten lists concern you more than the anime itself and your point of reference for good taste is an English speaking youtuber speaks wonders.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 19


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.