[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DBZ or DBZ Kai?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0635.png (148KB, 1448x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0635.png
148KB, 1448x389px
Anime dudes. I never got into dragon ball as a kid but recently started watching the original series and just finished it. Now I have to decide whether to watch DBZ or DBZ Kai. What would you guys recommend. DBZ has more content but a lot of filler where as Kai is more true to the manga and completely remastered.
>>
Watch both.
I don't fucking care.
>>
>>149240934
Kai.
>>
>>149240980
Any particular reason why?
>>
>>149240934
Just read it nigger.
>>
>>149241016
Nah anime is more continent for me
>>
>>149240934
If you've just watched the first series, then you may as well watch the original DBZ and go in for the long haul.
>>
>>149241251
That's what I'm thinking
>>
>>149240934
Use the catalog dumbass
>>
>>149240934
I don't know if Kai also cut the real good ones. but the filler was at times really fucking good. Like the time they spent before the Cell games or that driving licence episode
>>
>>149241748
fuck.....I didn't mean filler but.....let's say dragged out content
>>
I could use a hand /a/.

How do you actually watch Dragon Ball? Like, what order do you watch the animes in? All I've ever picked up on the subject from lurking is "skip GT".
>>
>>149240934
Kai. I actually rewatched some original DBZ episodes recently and holy shit do those things fucking drag.
>>
>>149241883
Dragon ball DBZ/Kai skip GT then super
>>
>>149241883
Watch them in order of release you dingdong.
>>
Just read the manga
>>
>>149241883
Watch Dragon Ball and skip the rest. Maybe go to the end of the Frieza saga if you want to see the fabled super saiyan in action.
>>
>>149240992
Kai solves a lot of the pacing issues,especially the Namek Saga.They only included the manga material.
About the original DBZ,it maybe innovative at the time of its release,but as of now it will only be bearable to hardcore fans like me.Even then I only watched the SOL episodes when rewatching and mostly skipped the fighting episodes.
>>
>>149241883
Skip GT if you are a casual.Heres the list

>Dragon Ball(Try to skip fillers)
>Dragon Ball Kai
>Dragon Ball Battle of Gods
>Dragon Ball Revival of F
>Dragon Ball Super(Champa Saga onwards)
>>
>>149243927
But if you are a hardcore

>Read The Dragon Ball Manga
>Watch DB in English and Japanese
>Watch DBZ in all 3 dubs
>Watch DBA
>Watch DBGT in both dubs
>Read other fan comics like DBM,DBAF,DBX,etc....
>Read DBS manga and watch anime
>Subscribe to r/dbz
>Only play Dragon Ball Xenoverse
>>
Kai cuts out the pointless filler and if you're watching dub is far superior to the original dub Funimation did many years ago since all the VAs have many years of experience.

Buu Saga Kai is Japan only dub right now and is largely the same as the original minus Grand Kai arc.
>>
>>149241883
DB > DBZ

Skip GT and Super they aren't canon
>>
>>149241883
The real answer is don't watch it at all. Read the manga.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.