[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does late Dragonball Z look soooo much better than Drago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: large.gif (1009KB, 497x279px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1009KB, 497x279px
Why does late Dragonball Z look soooo much better than Dragonball Super?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dROKCYJS8
>>
>>149226460
Toei
>>
Increasing budget and popularity with each saga.

Also everything was hand-drawn, it came out before digital or cg was a regular thing.
>>
>>149226460
only certain episodes. it started during the Cell Games. some parts of the Goku vs Cell battle looked really good.

although I think early DBZ looked pretty good too and was more consistent. though the style was very 80s.
>>
>>149226590
>>149226730
This, and this
>>
A while ago, I saw a webm of the Namek fight between SS Goku and Freiza. It was amazingly well animated in comparison to Super.
>>
>>149226460
Use the catalog retard >>149223785
>>
>tumblr
>>
>>149226460
Animation, art, plot, tension and even music, everything was better. Only thing better in Super is the pacing which means shit when the product sucks and we're only following it week after week because it's db.
>>
To be fair the quality of DBZ peaked for the whole Goku vs Majin Vegeta fight.
>>
>better animation
>better designs
>better music
>Goku isn't a retard
>tension
>almost everything

Superfags (the few that exist) try to disprove this with in-betweeners and zoomed in shots of the background of DBZ but nobody falls for it, DBZ simply looked a thousand times better than Super. They probably still gave at least half a fuck back then, they don't now anymore.

Also am I the only one who actually enjoyed the long as fuck arcs? In Super, it just feels like it ends too fast. In DBZ you were in for the long haul, usually with both sides getting wrecked repeatedly. In Super, it's over in 7-10 episodes, it just doesn't give that feeling that the 1 year long Frieza fight gave.
>>
Late Freeza and most of the Android arc looked pretty shit.

Saiyan saga looked great because it wasn't that detailed, they were still coming off the cartoonish style of DB. Buu Saga finally had the budget and animator skill to make it look both detailed and high quality
>>
File: 1434230413311.jpg (103KB, 723x712px) Image search: [Google]
1434230413311.jpg
103KB, 723x712px
>>149226460
>Z : Vegeta becomes Majin Vegeta because he wishes to return to his former ruthlessness, believing his life on Earth with his family has made him weak
>Super: lol fighting is fun no-one ever dies so we can fight!
Forget the animation disparity (which is significant), Z had actual substance when to came to the plot.
>>
>>149228745
This is the biggest factor. Super is made for children, and it shows. Dragonball should have gone from shonen to seinen, instead of going in the opposite direction.
>>
>>149226460
Passionate animators who love what they do
>>
>>149228441
>>149228745
>>149229605
This
>>
>>149226460
>(Japanese) (embed)
fuck off weeb
>>
>>149226730
What does this have to do with anything? Everything to this day is still hand-drawn just as much as in the 90s.
>>
>>149226460
Buu saga has great animation for some reason
>>
File: Dragon_Ball_Super_33_02.png (1MB, 1362x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_Super_33_02.png
1MB, 1362x768px
Super is horse trash.
Only blind toei cumslurping cuckholding shills can enjoy this trash. Fuck dbs even the best scenes look fucking shite.
>>
>>149228489
>Late Freeza and most of the Android arc looked pretty shit.
As someone who recently watched all of Kai, I can confirm this. This is from when Vegeta was beating up semi-perfect Cell, just before he let him fuse with 18. It was a long shot at the end of an episode - they had a zooming still of this frame for several seconds.
>Ore wa Suupa Begeta!!!
>>
>>149232440
and 30 years later it got only worse, sad
>>
>>149228441
>In Super, it's over in 7-10 episodes, it just doesn't give that feeling that the 1 year long Frieza fight gave.
That's because Super doesn't have the burden of having to stretch out story arcs with filler when they run out of material to adapt from the manga. The DBZ anime was a product of the manga, not the other way around as it is with Super.
>>
>>149226460
Because it's based off the manga.
>>
>>149233150
The story arcs in DBZ Kai where all the filler is edited out are still longer than the arcs in Super.
>>
File: 1474707134523.jpg (110KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1474707134523.jpg
110KB, 392x495px
>>149226460
>The music
>That level of detail
Fuck you, I was liking super but you just reminded me how it used to be.
>>
>>149226460
Fans proving to be idiots every episode, getting hyped for shitty fan services(ohh he used mafuba!) make them loses interest in making good plots or animations. There's no passion on DBS. It's cheao and makr them earn money too easy.

The video games are on the same boat. Poorly gameplay, stupid plot. Uses you deviant oc to fight with Goku and even interfere his battle between Vegeta, becoming a 2-1. THIS IS NOT DRAGON BALL! Goku would never enjoy a 2-1 fight. He would hate it!

We have to accept a fact: Dragon Ball is dead and the fans killed it. They evem hired that moron who made that piece of shit called DBAF, that Pedros has obsession with.
>>
>>149226460
Toei stopped giving a shit when they knew they can smear shit on this series and produce a mil. Pandering to the lowest common denominator.
>>
Read the DBS manga faggots.
>>
majin was the best vegeta
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.