[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to /a/ - Sailor Moon question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: s_200.gif (411KB, 386x280px) Image search: [Google]
s_200.gif
411KB, 386x280px
>want to watch anime that makes me feel nostalgic for my childhood (late 80s-90s)
>Thought I had watched everything I had seen from childhood and starting to feel a little bummed
>Remembered I still haven't watched Sailor Moon from start to finish

Question 1: Is Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, S, Super S and Sailor Stars to be watched as one series? or can they be watched individually like DB, DBZ, DBGT?

Question 2: Is Sailor Moon Crystal likened to FMA: Brotherhood? (Better, with a storyline that follows the manga closer?)

Crystal really doesn't matter though because it's not from the 90s and I'm dead set on the nostalgia the original will provide
>>
Sailor Moon, like Dragon Ball outside of GT, is one series, and should be watched as such.

Crystal is a joke until season 3 when they finally get a budget. Watch it if you love Sailor Moon or hate reading manga
>>
>>149223376

Subbed or dubbed?
>>
>>149224343
There's really no reason to watch the DiC and Cloverway dubs apart from nostalgia.
>>
>>149224619

I'm starting episode two of the dub right now and while I'm enjoying it, I can't help but feel I might enjoy it more with subbed if it has a more teen/young adult genre feel to it

This was the first anime I was ever exposed to so I hardly remember it, aside from watching an episode with a friend just before yugioh came on one day

I think I'll try the first 3 episodes dub and then the first 3 of sub to see which one I'll choose

Thanks for the help
>>
>>149224766
The problem with the old dubs is that they were censored a lot back in the day. If you're watching the new dub from 2014 then that's likely not a problem.
>>
File: 1455030062571.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455030062571.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
How is Minako so best?
>>
>>149225172
>>149224766
Personally I could care less if a show is censored or not. I generally watch dubs since I don't always have the luxury to read what I watch (and sometimes I'm just too lazy to do so). With that said I do prefer the Cloverway dub over the DiC dub as It does have the original music.
>>
dang it, I forgot to turn off my /mu/ trip
>>
File: 1477434040374.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477434040374.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>149225716
>could care less
couldn't* care less
Not condescending you, but it's a common mistake many people make.
>>
Why does every release of Sailor Moon look like shit?
>>
>>149225740
I was about to type could give a rat's ass but subconsciously changed it causing grammar issues, it happens.
>>149225781
S is a massive step up from Classic and R in terms of the animation, storyline, andevem the music if that's possible. I highly recommend S.
>>
>>149225912
Thanks, but I was talking about the quality of the release itself in terms of recordings/transfers. I can't seem to find remastered versions anywhere.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.