[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things anime needs to stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: say again.png (81KB, 578x488px) Image search: [Google]
say again.png
81KB, 578x488px
>Licks lips
>Omoshiroi...
>>
File: Bueno Excellente.jpg (80KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno Excellente.jpg
80KB, 580x350px
>>149222088
>>
File: 1474441496750_4.jpg (16KB, 468x347px) Image search: [Google]
1474441496750_4.jpg
16KB, 468x347px
>>149222088
You don't see that in anime or manga if you do it a joke.
>>
>>149222698
You clearly have not seen more than 10 anime series, its no joke kid
>>
>>149222088
Any point at which a character is apparently alone, but speaking (think) aloud what should be being said in their head, and therefore recorded, and animated accordingly, that's without any lip flaps, and with whatever desired effect to make it clearer that it's only an internal monologue, nothing audible to anybody else in their vicinity.
Example:
>"I'm glad x finally left. I was worried they'd realise I was watching the whole time. Now that I know that x is in contact with y, I should be extra cautious about what I say to z."
I cannot stand this type of thing.
I find it especially bothersome whenever they do it while doing actual reconnaissance work, stealthily stalking somebody, only to blab to themself aloud, even when they're in an area with acoustics that would logically augment their voice; realistically causing them to be detected by their target(s).
It makes it seem so fake, and goofy.
>>
>I'm nothing special... My grades are bad, and I'm not good at athletics...
>>
>>149224723
I have the opposite feeling towards it. I don't like it when a chartered is thinking but oh the audience has to know that they're thinking so slap some reverb effect or something. It's like flashbacks when they put a white glow/ change the colour etc. Shit annoys me.
>>
>>149222088
>being chased by multiple guards/an entire army
>one guys stops running
>"I'll hold them off"
>the chasers all stop running to fight the one guy
>>
File: 1476601946244.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1476601946244.png
356KB, 599x510px
>UMI DAAAAA
>>
>>149222088
>licks lips
>horrible ugly slurping sound that doesn't happen in real life
>>
File: 1477343194061.jpg (50KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
1477343194061.jpg
50KB, 625x415px
>>149224800
It's necessary though, because it's often times difficult to animate the subtleties in facial expressions that would better convey characters' intentions in live action.

I wouldn't mind if there were much more ambiguity, and having to discern characters' feelings through the animation alone, but if a character's thoughts are wanted by the creators to be known to the audience, it should at least be done reasonably, that is hearing their inner voice, not having them sillily, and unrealistically speaking aloud conveniently enough for us to hear some elaborate thought process of theirs.

Before anybody assumes I'm obsessed with realism in anime, no, I'm not, it can be how it always is for the most part, that's fine with me, but little things like people talking out loud when they're alone for the sake of exposition, it's just dumb.

Sometimes people really do that in life, I have, not often though. It should be reserved for when somebody is obviously insane, and rambles to themself, or is really distressed, and as a result talking out loud without forethought, or innocently skimming through information, and quickly reading said info in a low voice like a lot of people in real life tend to do, myself included.
>>
>>149222715
> You clearly have not seen more than 10 anime series, its no joke kid

I'm not a kid I seen a 1000+ anime.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.