[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4Chan Tankery League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 8348573954.jpg (211KB, 962x1022px) Image search: [Google]
8348573954.jpg
211KB, 962x1022px
I'm curious if anyone here is interested in a 4Chan Tankery League, based loosely on the concept brought forth by Girls und Panzer. Right now I'm just looking around for interest.

This could be hosted on something like /qst/, or wherever people want.

I have a decent concept of how it would work, but a concept is nothing without people.

Slight RP, more fantasy-sport league.
>>
>>149215354

sure I'd try it
>>
sounds fun
>>
File: Hinata.jpg (19KB, 289x356px) Image search: [Google]
Hinata.jpg
19KB, 289x356px
>>149215354
Cool idea anon, have a (You).
>>
Well so far I've had around 6 people put forth some interest, here's the lowdown.

Each player runs their own academy, complete with a full tank composition, crew list, tactics and etc. Teams are given a map of the location they'll be in (from google maps, with topography and 3d mapping), and team "owners" would give a general outline and then run their team (with tactics implemented) against each other.

Branches out from there, such as sponsors n sheit.

Anyway I'm open to suggestions, I have a good concept of the mechanics, now it just comes down to what people want to do.
>>
>>149215354
as a strategy game oriented gamer i am really interested
>>
>>149215375
>>149215424
>>149215723
>>149215939

Well, if you're interested, start reading up on WW2 tanks so you have a rough idea of what it'll have. Mild inspiration for rules and concepts taken from http://pastebin.com/BEsprkBZ from /qst/'s GuP RP. Some will be changed.
>>
I am mildly interested. Though I am not much of a leader so, guess I'll just watch or something.
>>
>>149215354
Sounds pretty fun. How would we go about it?
>>
>>149216392

see >>149215765
currently throwing ideas around in /qst/.

Making tripcode for future reference.
>>
When would you plan on starting?
>>
>>149216536
Should I lurk the GuP RP thread on /qst/?
>>
>>149215354
Doesn't seem like a good idea, as in, it would just become a circlejerk after some time. Maybe if it was a week-long event on the 4CC off-season?
>>
>>149216245
Isn't this just the /qst/ pastebin?
>>
>>149216638
>>149216637
>>149216590

I'd plan on starting more than likely after the 4CC, mostly because a lot has to be fleshed out and mechanics will have to be completely defined.

Lurking might be a good idea, but I don't know how much more will change tonight. I might start general threads for updates and discussion in the future.

Likely will be 1-2 weeks per season, depending on interest. If people really like it then it could be 1wk on/1wk off to changing things and so. 4CC would have it suspended.
>>
>>149216711
That's a rough idea of what I'll be going off of, for people to get an idea of what they should expect and plan for. A similar conceptual rule-set will likely be used, since that is a very good outline to start with.
>>
>>149216638
>>149216795
What's the 4CC? Is that some sports term?
>>
>>149215354
>tankery
But yeah, sounds nice. Did you intend it like different boards would be different teams? If so good luck getting enough intrest from other boards. I mean i can see /k/, /v/ and /tg/ joining but others? Not so much
>>
>>149216934
4chan Cup, its like a world cup of 4chan on a football game.
>>
>>149216953
And I should had read the thread, ignore this
>>
>>149216953
For the first little while I expected more individuals running teams, but if we can get boards doing it that's even better. I have some /qst/ users interested, was going to look at /k/ and /v/ tonight or tomorrow, and /tg/ I hadn't thought of.

Something like a, k, v, tg, qst and v team would be neat. 6 teams playing each other would probably fill a week.
>>
>>149217056
So, how are we going to arrange this? I assume we would use tripcodes or something like that.
>>
Make it so crits blow the tank commanders head off if they're out for some risk/reward gameplay

>>149217140
/qst/ has auto id's
>>
>>149217140
tripcodes until something changes.

Pastebins will probably be used.
>>
>>149217353
Ok, but where do we all meet up to plan matches? And how do we disperse? How do we enter?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I don't do RP games that much.
>>
>>149215354
if only a game like rocket league but with tanks existed
>>
>>149217413
That's all fine my dude, I'm still going back and forth between some boards but as I said there will be dev threads on either /tg/ or /qst/ over the next week, which will be open discussion for mechanics and dev of the entire system.

Don't know what you mean by disperse.

Entering will be done on the first real "GuP League General", where pastebins of tank crews, tank compositions, and tactics (and the like) are submitted. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

>>149217331
I wouldn't mind this idea, however we're talking about qt grills plus the rules limit exposure for the most part.
>>
>>149216245
roger anon, will do it after college
>>
>>149215354
Well if we stay out in /a/, why not do it like the VG League where game generals, or in this case animes battle it out?
>>
>>149215354
Good. Hopefully it makes the gaia-tier roleplayers and newfags in the garupan threads fuck off over there for the time being.
>>
Do you also play that GuP tabletop game on tabletop sim with each other?
>>
>>149220359
Nope, never tried that.

Just had this as an idea from /k/ thread, and ended up being inspired by /tg/.
>>
>>149215354
Za Pravdu
>>
File: M18_hellcat_side.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
M18_hellcat_side.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>149220623
>I made that thread
LET'S DO THIS
>>
>>149221903
You'll see me on /k/ at some point soon, if you want to brainstorm then just hit me up. Chances are I'm only going to use this tripcode for a while.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.