[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one deserves the title of worst shounen MC of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: ichigo-natsu.png (204KB, 393x300px) Image search: [Google]
ichigo-natsu.png
204KB, 393x300px
Which one deserves the title of worst shounen MC of all time?
>>
Tsuna from KHR
>>
>>149191611
that faggot in BC
>>
File: IMG_8404.jpg (183KB, 800x1146px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8404.jpg
183KB, 800x1146px
>>149191611
Nastu. At least Bleach was enjoyable at SOME point. Fairy Tail was always terrible. Every fight ended in the same cringy "muh friendship" power ups and ass pulls to overwhelm the enemy that was seemingly invincible up until that point. Then they timeskipped and literally nothing came even close to phasing them.
Only upside to that trash heap is the THICC-tier waifubait.
>>
File: fairy-tail-5235795.jpg (132KB, 800x1173px) Image search: [Google]
fairy-tail-5235795.jpg
132KB, 800x1173px
>>149192090
Pic related is the mother of all asspulls, nothing that kubo took out of his ass can compare
>>
>>149191611
Depends if you consider blandness or obnoxiousness worse.
>>
the annoying always shouting naruto ripoff from black clover
>>
Ichigo. Look, I get the that people hate Fairy Tail because of the overuse of "Muh Friendship Power-up", but at least Natsu has a character, as shonen-y and predictable as it is.

Ichigo is the "anti-shonen" Shonen Jump protagonist, but what good is it? He can't even carry his own plot. People care about heroes because we want to see them complete their goal. We want to see if Luffy finds the One Piece and becomes King of the Pirates, or if Kenshin Himura can truly live his life not being overshadowed by the past or hell, if Natsu will ever find Igneel. What's Ichigo's goal? Protect his family and friends? How old did that get seeing friend after friend getting kidnapped, forcing Ichigo to go into ANOTHER different world over and over again? If I wanted Ichigo's story, but better, I'd just read Yu Yu Hakusho.

He doesn't even have the typical shonen determination to win in the end. How many times has Ichigo's resolve been shattered and he becomes all but useless for a volume or two? How many times has he been bailed out of dying so he can go training for a week and come back to win? Bleach looked great and the character designs were on point, but Ichigo was the worst shonen protagonist in a long time.
>>
Naruto especially after sparing Orochimaru
>>
>>149192830
yeah but natsu found igneel a while back. there's no point to keep reading
>>
>>149191611
B-Asta-rd
>>
>>149193552
True, but the story going past where it should've ended isn't the MC's fault, it's the writer's.
>>
>>149191611
Bleach was worse.

At least Fairy Tail makes up for the shitty fights fights with top-tier fanservice.
>>
>>149192887
this

find me another shonen mc that hyperventilates like a pregnant woman
>>
>>149191611
Ichigo was such an obvious author insert, I fail to see what could be more obnoxious than a middle aged japanese man doodling his power fantasy for everyone to see
>>
>>149191611
In the later parts of bleach Ichigo was barely a character. Completely dull and interesting.
>>
File: 1457199402969.png (335KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1457199402969.png
335KB, 803x688px
>>149191611

Ichigo by far.

he gets overshadowed by half the cast in Bleach and was at times absent for months in his own manga.
>>
>>149191611
Both are awful but I hate Ichigo more because he was really promising at the start so the disappointment is more intense.
>>
File: v018d.jpg (171KB, 729x1050px) Image search: [Google]
v018d.jpg
171KB, 729x1050px
>>149192830

I think making your mc give up is a cardinal sin, either he dies fighting, or he retreats to fight another day, simply giving up and awaiting for the villain to kill him is unforgivable.

Even if Ichigo won in the end, that was a victory for Juha to me, Ichigo gave his best, failed and cried, awaiting for death, nothing could redeem ichigo after that in my eyes.
>>
>>149192090
I don't think that is true prior to Grimoire Heart arc. Jellal and Laxus was probably most strongest/difficult opponents before that. Natsu bested Jellal after consuming Etherion. Laxus is probably only fight I would call an ass pull. I don't remember Oracion Seis arc. Everyone else prior to Grimore Heart was within their capabilities.
>>
>>149192887
>Keeping Orochimaru alive
>Not the best decision for the future.
>>
Ichigo was a pretty good until Aizen stopped his theme music
>>
File: did you take chads arm 2.png (246KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
did you take chads arm 2.png
246KB, 800x1150px
>>149191611
A big problem with Ichigo is that there were so many popular characters that he became almost a background piece
Its why I really liked the Fullbringer arc since he started getting some character back sadly though it didn't carry over long
>>
File: did you take chads arm 3.png (190KB, 800x1150px) Image search: [Google]
did you take chads arm 3.png
190KB, 800x1150px
>>149194593
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.