[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nisio a fatefag? This is too retarded even for his writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Is Nisio a fatefag?
This is too retarded even for his writing standards, this has to be a reference.
>>
It basically means you only live once. There's nothing after death, so people actually die when they are killed.
>>
>>149185846
Duh?
>>
>>149185830
People die when they are killed is not a Fate reference, is a bad translation of a japanese idiom that has been seen in anime since far before from Fate/stay night.
>>
>>149185830
Kill yourself
>>
File: vol1-cover.jpg (719KB, 1205x1694px) Image search: [Google]
vol1-cover.jpg
719KB, 1205x1694px
>>149185830
>Is Nisio a fatefag?
Not a Fatefag per se but pic related was one of his main inspirations for Zaregoto.
>>
>>149186087
And what is the correct translation then, huh?
>>
>>149186189
You know there exists things in Japanese that simply don't have a proper translation, right? Like "itadakimasu" for example.
>>
>>149186181
Well that one is pretty obvious.
>>
>>149186200
There doesn't exist a meaning that cannot be replaced.
Sure it won't work literally but you can still convey the same message by different means just like itadakimasu.

Just saying
>it's a bad translation
Doesn't mean anything, explain why it's bad.
>>
>>149186247
Sure, you can rewrite it to be a similar concept like "thanks for the meal", but it's not the same information. Other things like pronouns (boku, ore, watashi, ect), and "moshi moshi" are similarly untranslatable. The idiom "People die when they are killed" is just another one of those.
>>
>>149186200
Every concept can be explained, whether it be in one word or an entire fucking novel. The Japanese aren't some transcendential plasma people, all of their concepts are entirely human just like ours.
>>
>>149186189

People should die when you make the actions which will, by most standards, be sufficient to kill them.
>>
>>149185846
Kill yourself.
>>
>>149186297
And what does it mean if it's an idiom?
It's can't be incomprehensible, that's not how language work.

You can explain anything on instances or just by definitions.

People die when they are killed is just a fact in this translations and it sounds retarded to anyone, so what is it supposed to mean?
>>
>>149186297
In fate "people die when they are killed - that much is obvious" is a direct translation. Wouldn't call it an idiom, it means exactly what it does.
>>
>>149186551
>This guy is not very easy to put down for good.
Roughly.
>>
>>149186650
But it's a play on the idiom. Shirou reverses it to point out that humans are mortal.
>>
>>149186551
I think it's the context that never be brought up in the translation. For example when Shirou said it, he means he should have been dead long ago after all the battle he fought if he's a normal people, but he's not one and thus, he's not dead yet.
>>
It means god won't bring you to heaven nor will satan drag you to hell
Your body will slowly decay and that is that
>>
>>149186551
The original idiom is that someone is so tough that "he wouldn't die even if you killed him". There isn't a good English equivalent that then also works with the reverse play "People die when they are killed, that's how it's supposed to be".
>>
>people are "too stupid" to get the meaning of this
>/v/ tier memeing

Why are new /a/ so fucking pretentious. Jesus
>>
>>149186899
>look at those guys totally not getting it
>doesn't actually get it
>complains about memes while memeing in his own post
Ah, I, too, enjoy talking out of my ass and shitpost!
Isn't it just so nice.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.