[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Series you regret wasting time on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13

File: crappy series.jpg (91KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
crappy series.jpg
91KB, 500x706px
I wasted 5 years on this crappy series, watching it change from a guy getting bullied slowly get stronger and build a harem to a sappy melodramatic romance.
>multiple characters left in the dust
>no fighting for the last 100 chapters
>jaegu was a shitty protag
>DalDal didn't win the jaegu bowl
I don't know why I followed it
>>
glad its over and didnt follow after the first 100 chapters
>>
>>149182278
Oh shit. I'm glad I dropped it when they started to get all angsty with the rich girl's spaghetti.
>>
>>149182278
wouldn't say its a total loss but the last arc was unnecessary, could had trimmed a few plot lines here and there and focus more on his character and be an actual battle manga
>>
>>149182278
dropped this years ago, but im happy daldal moved on.
>>
>>149182458
Wish I had followed your example
>>149182594
What they really needed was another tournament to shift the momentum back to fighting. Honestly I was most upset by the way he completely ignored daldal. I was on her side from day one. She was the first to openly admit she genuinely liked him and that autistic motherfucker ignored her.
>>149182648
I wasn't ecstatic, but I was glad at least her character got a proper ending in all this.
>>
>>149182278
>Part 1
>Jaegu made progress not getting bullied anymore and standing up for himself.
>Jaegu was helping other people getting bullied, move on.
>Moon and Daldal were best girls of the harem, Green haired girl look like she join it and Jaegu mother looked like an interesting plot point for him to investigate with his friends.
>A lot of action and slice of life stuff with no drama.

Part 1 was top tier.

>Part 2
>Drama
>Jaegu regresses as a character like a mother fucker.
>Rejects, Daldal

Moon & Daldal should've won Part 1, Jaegu.
>>
>>149182677
>I wasn't ecstatic, but I was glad at least her character got a proper ending in all this.
I would check up on it every once in a blue moon to see what was going on with her character and I felt so awful when she was crying over Jaegu. I really am happy that she moved on since she was always my favorite.
>>
>Author forgot all the characters they introduced in the first 100 chapters and that tournament.
It could've gone better overall. The author tried shifting genres on it, didn't know where to go, and bringing in unnecessary drama which caused its ratings to plummit and it getting axed like fuck.
>>
queen fans got their ending, but at what fucking cost
>>
>>149182691
Oh yeah, I'm surprised they did nothing with his mom. It would've been interesting if they had investigated what happened to her. I wasn't the biggest fan of moon, but daldal should've won jaegu when he was worth anything. In all actuality this series should've ended years ago.

>read the comments section of the final chapter
>people genuinely want the series to continue
Ugh
>>
>following korean comics
>>
What a fucking travesty. It was interesting in the beginning, but the forced drama ruined it. Daldal moving on was the best thing for her since Jaegu regressed as a character.
>>
>>149182786
What killed me is she got kidnapped, stupid arc, and jaegu fights tooth and nail to save her and he's still awkward towards her. Fuck that series
>>
>>149182809
>People want the series to continue.
For what more drama? The author fucked up destroying what good thing they made in the first 100 chapters. Why would they want more chapters of Jaegu being an indecisive bitch who will regress any character development he gets?

>I wasn't the biggest fan of Moon.
>Daldal should've won.
Moon was top tier. Daldal could've won too. Harem ending be fine too since all the girls weren't bad, and Jaegu in Part 1 after he stood up for himself was pretty good.

>Mother issue
It was completely thrown out despite being mentioned multiple times throughout part 1. It could've lead to Jaegu's ultimate passing: seeing his mother, talking etc, and hopefully making up. Oh well.
>>
>>149182902
>he's still awkward towards her
He's just a shitty character who was always too wrapped up with Queen for whatever reason.
>>
>>149182927
>Moon was top tier. Daldal could've won too.
BEST GIRLS BY FAR
>>
>>149182902
Jaegu put his foot through a car window to save her. Nah college boy gets that pussy, we gonna be friends, Queen is my waifu.

>Stands her up because his sister randomly become sick.
Author didn't know where to go with the series mate.

>>149182950
Any of the girls except Queen were best.

Even the girl who bullied her older brother for becoming a shut-in after getting bullied too hard. Even the green haired Wu-Shu girl who taught Jaegu how to one hit a guy, but fucked off towards the ending. Including that one chinese girl who was friend of the fat chinese girl that hung around Daldal, and gave Jaegu advice was best.
>>
Berserk
>>
Finally this shit is over. Agreed with pretty much all the complaints I see here.

Also remember when that weapons girl seemed like she was going to be relevant? I guess that got scrapped too.
>>
>>149182278
>gookshit

That was all the warning you needed to avoid it.
>>
>>149183075
For real though, she got left behind so bad
>>149183120
technically all manga and anime is gookshit
>>
>>149183075
>>149183139
>Weapon girl seemed relevant.
She had hand to hand combat hacks. I thought Jaegu was going to learn what she did and fall for her.

A lot of stuff got scrapped.
>>
I knew Queen would be the endgame girl, but their love story or whatever you could call it was just awful. Too much fucking drama.
>>
>>149183139
>For real though, she got left behind so bad

And then she gets a reappearance in the last chapter. What the fuck for?

Also there were a whole lot of touched up photos (or in the case of the bikes, untouched) in that chapter. I guess even the artist doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>149182278
This and The Breaker
>>
>>149183139
>technically all manga and anime is gookshit
No they aren't.
Anime is the only case that you could possibly make that argument, but even then they have 0 influence on the creative process and are just animation slaves.
>>
>>149182278
>>DalDal didn't win the jaegu bowl
Thank god. His character became such shit.
>>
>>149182278
Never before has this clip been so relevant. My reaction to this series as it went on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE
>>
>>149183214
>She gets a reappearance
Because the author demanded it. Lets not forget the Mob Boss son. Also what the fuck happened to the boxer guy who beat the shit out Jaegu's bro of a car wash guy back when he was edgy?
>>
File: 1471460493111.png (59KB, 197x439px) Image search: [Google]
1471460493111.png
59KB, 197x439px
>tfw worst girl wins, but she wins shit boy in a shit ending in shitty series

poetic justice
>>
File: manhwa in one image.jpg (46KB, 553x511px) Image search: [Google]
manhwa in one image.jpg
46KB, 553x511px
>>149183337
The really sad thing is, as other anons have pointed out, Jaegu didn't even start off as the total shit he ended up being. That bit where he told Queen to fuck off early on was great.
>>
>>149183311
lee mi nam I think he name was? Yeah that guy was a badass, pretty sure he was in a chapter a couple weeks back. But I wanted to see a rematch between him and jaegu, such a wasted character
>>
>>149182278
>approaching someone who you haven't seen a couple of years as if they are guaranteed to lust after your cock all this time

Jaegu is a fucking asshole and needed a reality check, this resolution and the whole last arc are complete garbage like what the fuck.
>>
>>149183382
>rematch
I thought Season 2 would continue what was going on with Season 1, and Jaegu would get go through the Wild tournament thing they had going on every year.

They also throw out the school security force with the blond woman, and other stuff introduced in the original 100 chapters.
>>
Getting to be this way with Gundam. I got through most of the good shit and have been stuck on G Gundam for ages. Don't care much for super robot.
>>
>>149183497
>Jaegu would get go through the Wild tournament thing they had going on every year.

For once a tournament arc would have actually improved a series.
>>
>tfw youll never see part 1 jaegu and daldal date

feels fucking bad man
>>
File: Winner.jpg (31KB, 628x424px) Image search: [Google]
Winner.jpg
31KB, 628x424px
>mfw DalDal-fags are being salty to the bitter end
>>
File: 1469388850838.jpg (64KB, 660x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469388850838.jpg
64KB, 660x614px
I dropped this shit around the time they were dealing with the underground fight club thing. It was for the best. now if only I had dropped Sekirei, Brynhildr, Wolf rape, TWGOK, and other shit I can't remember
>>
>>149183678
congrats on winning someone like jaegu i guess in a series that fell so fucking hard
>>
>>149183678
Are you seriously happy with the it wrapped up?
>>
>>149182278
Not realizing from expiernce they'd fuck up is your fault. Only decent series to follow that are manwha can be counted on one hand, no the numbers deserving attention in /a/
>>
>>149183760

not really, Schadenfreude is the only thing I have left from this shitty manga.
>>
>>149183704
>if only I had dropped Sekirei, Brynhildr, Wolf rape, TWGOK

Fuck, I've read every single one of those too. At least Sekirei and Brynhildr are ending (translations) real soon too.

Still, I'm not sure I would put any of them on the same level as Bleach, Gantz, or Cage of Eden in terms of pure shit that I read all the way to the end. Probably my biggest shame is that I stuck with Freezing for something like 130 chapters. What the fuck did I do that for?
>>
>>149183580
But they did on a date. The picnic that was ruined by Chad college brother and Moon's shota she aimed for, who was made for the sole purpose of getting Moon out of the harem.

When, Jegu was helping that Loli middle schooler I really thought the series was going to get better with a fresh new start, and girls.

>>149183567
Yes it would.
>>
>>149183841
>The picnic that was ruined by Chad college brother
Exactly. It was ruined.
>>
>>149182278
What the fuck happened to the author to derail part 2 so hard? He rejected the queen for no reason at all. They tried to play up the whole "forbidden love, she's too rich and her family would reject him" angle EXCEPT EVERYONE IN HER FAMILY LIKES HIM. Literally nothing interesting happened in part 2. The only scene of interest was when spinkicked the fucking window in. The only fights of note were him trying his best to not cripple a bunch of middleschoolers. Hell, they had a great opportunity with him growing as a leader since he was becoming popular and basically running the gym but kept acting like a beta male who didn't deserve his success.

Are Koreans literally incapable of writing good endings to shit? I haven't read a single Manwha that had a satisfying ending. Maybe it's better that The Breaker never gets finished. At least that MC grew as a person.
>>
>>149183949
>What the fuck happened to the author.
They had no idea where to go with the series. Jaegu never even met Queen's parents who were pushing her life around.
>>
>>149182278
Dropped it at the end of first arc, when Jaegu started to blatantly choose Queen over Daldal and I realized Moon wasn't really interested in Jaegu.

I would've preferred Daldal or Moon a hundred times over Queen.
Her character's so empty and bland.
>>
girls und panzer
>>
FUCK YOU I STILL HAVENT MOVED ON FROM THE SUDDEN "NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST" LAST WEEK THIS FUCKING MANHWA FOUR FUCKING YEARS OF WASTED TIME ALL THESE FUCKING TIME I THOUGHT THE BOTCHED AMUSEMENT PARK WOULD BE THE PUSH TO HEAL THEIR BROKEN RELATIONSHIP. ALL THE TIME IN THAT BEACH RESORT. THEIR ACCIDENTAL KISS. EVERYTHING FUCKING FAST FORWARDED AND ALL IT TOOK FOR JAEGU TO REALIZE IS DALDAL SLUT TO TELL HIM HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING THEN SUDDENLY IT IS ENDING. NOT EVEN A DATE. NOT EVEN A MENDING AMUSEMENT PARK DATE. NOT EVEN ANYTHING BUT JUST ONE REALIZATION. EVEN NISEKOI DID IT BETTER FOR GOD FUCKING DAMNS SAKE KOREA FUCK YOU CANCELLING A MANHWA BECAUSE 4TH IS A DRASTIC DROP IN RATINGS WHILE JAPAN ALLOWS TORIKO AMD BLEACH AND OTHER LOW RATING SHIT TO END PROPERLY FUCKING GAY

[Spoiler] chapter where? [/spoiler]
>>
>>149183801
I havent read Sekirea in years but water sekirea a best. Who won/looks likely to win?
>>
>>149184388
>Who won/looks likely to win?

Harem ending, although first girl is main girl.
>>
>>149183801
Gantz isn't good but I thought it was enjoyable up to the end of the Osaka arc and only really went to shit during phase 3. I recently re-read it because of Gantz:G and I still think phase 1 holds up better than everything listed so I don't really regret it as much as others.
Fuck Freezing, I think I went up to 50 or 60. Koreans love their stupid senpai-kouhai dynamic and stressing over respecting elders.
>>
>>149182278
Gantz. Won't even bother getting an image off Google.
>>
>>149182278
I mean I started following it and enjoyed it. But when I thought the series was maybe 50% done the author slapped that "lul next time last episode" in my face. There was still so much shit that could've be done, like Jaegu resolving his mother problem, or him showing that he's become a strong motherfucker after training autistically during his depression. (He could've hold his own again the girls right now)
If he wanted to finish his series he should've atleast put a big tournament as last arc after resolving his queen problem.
>>
Karin was the most massive waste of time I've ever experienced

Aldnoah Zero and Freezing/Freezing Vibration take close seconds
>>
>>149184484
Nigga you wanted 264 more fucking chapters?
>>
>>149184520
Literally any series by Dall-young. Considering half of them never get finished and the ones that do always fucking implode into idiocy halfway in.
UxU is the only one I dont regret in any way despite the last few chapters being shit. Biggest regret is Legend of Maian cuz I fucking loved the first 50 or so chapters then neverending hiatus after a shit plot twist then learning what happened in the fucking novel its based off of. Fuck Dall so hard
>>
>>149182278
Thank god it's over.
>>
Man I forgot I even followed this series.

So did anyone win the MC bowl or was that copped out?
>>
>>149184720
Cop out.

Queen won, Moon was paired with a shota who is going after a loli Jaegu saved, Daldal got with a boring college student who LITERALLY DID NOTHING to save her. Jaegu drops everything to go to Japan.

Majority of characters were forgotten and plot points were thrown out for Drama which dropped the ratings and caused it to become axed early.
>>
>>149184520
karin manga was good though and one of few series with a good/proper bittersweet ending
>>
>>149184856
I dunno, a lot of it for me was just the premise, which is that vampires feed on human emotions or some crap and don't actually pose a real threat, which then begs the question: Why the fuck are the vampire hunters even a thing?
The ending wasn't bittersweet though, I thought it was one of those "errybody happy ending" things, although it has been a while so maybe I forgot
>>
>>149183678
Daldal was on a one way affection / taken for granted streak, no matter how hard she tried there was going to be no payoff in a future relationship. This kills the romance one holds in their life though. Even Queen knows there is no payoff with Jaegu because guys that don't chase after the girl, figuring out how he wants to live his life with them in a year from now at the least, is doomed to fail.

That's the normalfag perspective / what women want, and what koreboo shit follows through on. Might as well not even make it a webtoon, series was a waste of time, and blacklisted for me.

Even Knights Run got boring and terrible as fuck, the only saving grave is Tower of God and The Breaker which is on hiatus, hopefully they don't do a slow as ass plot again.
>>
>>149182278
The mother thing went nowhere and the super powerful twin-tails-glasses girl was tossed aside.

It was nice that when Jae got strong he stayed strong, but his character flipped at odd moments just for drama.

Also, this "mean bullies" shit went on and on and on. Like GTO and Freudian excuses.
>>
>>149182278
Did best girl Queen win? Otherwise I really don't care.
Haven't read past chapter 140.
>>
>>149186196
>Best girl queen
>He didn't read the thread.
Oh, Anon.
>>
>>149182278
It went from an amazing weak to strong battle series that was looking to fill the void left by Veritas.
But then the last 200 chapters of inane bullshit happened.
>>
>>149185089
>The ending wasn't bittersweet though
from what I recall karin lost memories of her vampire family and will never see them again
>>
>>149182278
Denpa Onna, what a pointless waste of time.
>>
>>149182278
I dropped it at chapter 230 but when I heard it was finished I read the rest of it for the sake of finishing.

What a piece of shit.
>>
>>149182278
I was honestly expecting some typical gook ending where the MC finds her overseas but she's already moved on and is pregnant/has a kid with a new guy.
>>
File: back when it was good.jpg (159KB, 690x1390px) Image search: [Google]
back when it was good.jpg
159KB, 690x1390px
>>149182278
>>149182278
Am actually mad how awful this series became.

Remember pic related. How the fuck did we go from this to "muh feelings". Man, so much potential to be a good underdog-ish story.

Think about it:
>more tournament practice
>more rivals
>more super secret special technique stuff
>bully rematch
>bully btfo v.2

Also, remember when that cocky guy fought the boxer and took a hit only to start feeling the buzz from a boxer's hook? How about when Jeagu literally kicked a moving car window only to be completely ignored by everyone?
This stuff had good potential but decided to take the lazy drama route.

I usually like haremshit but this became something else.
>>
>>149187114
I think that was what the author was kind of planning. Some new guy appears and starts getting close to Queen kind of like the college guy and Dal Dal. MC goes overseas to find her after doing nothing for months and arrives just in time to see them kiss. Cue another 100 chapters of misunderstanding and drama.

>>149187435
It wasn't even haremshit by the last few arcs. It was just straight up shitty and forced drama. The fighting aspect that drew people to this series completely disappeared.
>>
>>149187588
>The fighting aspect that drew people to this series completely disappeared.

they even mentioned the tournament a few chapters ago and how Jae Gu didn't participate just because he didn't feel like it.
>>
File: girlsofthewastedpotential.jpg (263KB, 711x560px) Image search: [Google]
girlsofthewastedpotential.jpg
263KB, 711x560px
>another good webtoon
No thank you
>>
>>149182278
What a fucking joke, so much left unfinished and then BAM "next week is last chapter" very unsatisfactory ending fucking hell i'm so mad

what was with that almost kiss, would it have been really that hard to make them kiss, it's not like anything else was redeemable towards the end
>>
>>149184600
>Literally any series by Dall-young
This
>>
>>149182278
FUCKING THIS KILL ME
>>
>>149182278
>DalDal didn't win the jaegu bowl

>queen is a bitch for the first third of series
>makes zero effort towards jaegu because kuudere ojou

>jaegu still all muh queen for no reason
Moon young and even glasses girl made more sense.
>>
>>149183075
A lot shit got dropped in favor of shitty romance. Weapons girl got lost the moment the action died off.
>>
File: k010 copy.jpg (102KB, 694x878px) Image search: [Google]
k010 copy.jpg
102KB, 694x878px
>>149189166
Is the author not aware of how much negative feedback they got? After this shitfest, who would want to read anything that this author puts out?
>>
Bleach
>>
>>149189166
Maybe if he goes full lewd, like sweet guy lewd.
>>
File: 0-1-800x1200.jpg (389KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0-1-800x1200.jpg
389KB, 800x1200px
I read this bullshit for so long. All the way post 7 years im a succker for medieval stuff but fuck its so bad with its bullshit powerups. I almost dropped it when laxus magically beat of the saints and then finally executed with the chapter when Erza got chained up butt naked like a bdsm hentai. Hiros a fucking hack im so glad the series is slowly dying.
>>
Atm Tokyo ghoul
>>
>>149189864
Doubtful. It was originally in Korean and I think Webtoon translated it into different languages, so they probably didn't hear too much feedback and just waited for their payment.
>>
>>149185089
Bro the Karin ending was a sad as fuck ending. She get's mind wiped and never see's her family again.
>>
File: nisekoi.jpg (97KB, 630x375px) Image search: [Google]
nisekoi.jpg
97KB, 630x375px
>>149182278
I was really fucking stupid to think this would break the generic romcom mold, when in fact, this was as generic as it could have gotten.
The only thing I liked about it was that it was funny half of the time and best girl Tsugumi.

Fuck I even bought like 7 volumes when I started reading it, when the series ended, I managed to sell off 5.

The only good thing to come out of this series was the doujins especially Nisenisekoi
>>
>>149182809
>people genuinely want the series to continue
only if it went back to action, make another tournament arc, i don't care, don't fucking end it on "he suddenly went to japan and they lived happily ever after"
>>
>>149183704
>TWGOK,
this
>>
>new chapter
>dull as fuck, the same shit
>get to the last page
>"author note: The next chapter will be the last of the series"

WTF, out of nowhere.
>>
>>149193301
>>149183704
>TWGOK
I could have forgiven everything that happened towards the end if he had gotten with the teacher or haku (can't remember how to spell the flat demons name). But no, he settles on the blandest girl chihiro. Reminds me that the mangaka hasn't done a serious series since then.
>>149183801
>cage of eden
Why did I have to remember that crappy ending? So many questions left unanswered. The worst part is the mangaka of that one currently has an ongoing shounen right now and it's worse than CoE.
>>149184388
>>149184415
Reminds me that I dropped sekirei a few years back as well, I enjoyed it though I hated that they killed off the veiled girl.

>>149187435
>that statement
GAR as fuck, this is the jaegu we needed
>>
>>149182278

>Japan
>getting robbed

author confirmed for never being in Japan
>>
>>149193701
>koreans shit japan
What did you expect?
>>
>>149189894
Stopped reading that one around chapter 400, about the only thing that could get me to reread it is to see kenpachi's bankai
>>149190198
I'll never forgive him for what he did to laxus, how do you take a badass character and turn him into a passive-aggressive teenager? The only good thing that came out of that fight was elfman vs bacchus. That was the only believable fight in the entire series.
>>149191241
It'd never happen and the shitty thing is the author would probably break up jaegu and queen and have dal dal's relationship with the college student fail to try and stir up the non-existent romantic conflict.
>>
File: 14706022585531.jpg (113KB, 700x918px) Image search: [Google]
14706022585531.jpg
113KB, 700x918px
What an excellent ending to a series that went so shit in the last year or so, fucking travesty.
It wouldn't hurt as much if the series wasn't so good for the first 200 or so chapters.
When Jaegu rejected Queen and Daldal for the dumbest reason there was no saving the series, no clue what would prompt the author to do so.
>>
>>149190334
THIS. I dropped re this week. Can't handle more bullshit from ishita.
>>
I got up to Chapter 150, is this worth finishing or am I better off just leaving it?
>>
>>149182278
Hellsing ultimate ,tokyo ghoul season 2 and all seasons of SAO plus readong ibitsu
>>
>>149194604
Why don't you take a peek at the things said in this thread and come up with a conclusion for yourself.
>>
>>149184388
>sekrei about to end

what? I fell off that ride years ago and i thought it was about overwith.
>>
>>149184388
Tsukumi was a fantastic tsundere, honestly the only one I didn't like was the main one motsubi, she was so damn stupid.
>>
File: LoGH WEG.jpg (78KB, 1318x588px) Image search: [Google]
LoGH WEG.jpg
78KB, 1318x588px
>>149182278
Pretty much pic motherfucking related
>>
Man why did it end like this?
Author could at least do some more chapters to show about the future how all the characters progressed and all.

And really absolutely nothing about the Mother who abandod Jaegu and kids? Kinda expected at some point that Queen would search for her and she would show up on her own at some point. Ok.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.