[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went, dare I say it, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: sgsgk.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sgsgk.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
What went, dare I say it, right?
>>
>>149181475
animation, soundtrack, character development. was a bretty gud show desu shame /a/ is full of elitists who hate good anime
>>
>>149181545
is it a shame or is it the point
>>
>>149181545
>character development
Aside from Rem, who?
The next closest is probably Subaru, who didn't really seem to grow or learn from anything whatsoever. He only got the next most development simply because he's the main goddamn character.

Everyone else just disappears from the show.

If you're going to pull some shit out of the WN/LN to justify yourself, then fuck off.
>>
>>149181475
The shock factor in all the gruesome ways in which Honda dies drew in the normalfag GoT crowd. It still didn't do shit for sales.
>>
>>149182045
>Aside from Rem, who?
Wait, are you implying Rem got good character development? Unless you're referring to the 'development' of her into one dimensional waifubait who's existence revolves around Subaru. Ahh, it was nice when she had some personality.
>>
>>149182590
I never said it was good, I just said it was development.
Nobody else really had any development at all.

I really didn't like this show
>>
>>149182590
This.
>>
>>149182590
>i wub subaru-kun xd
>mfw that was rem entire character

As expected of twitter normalfag first waifubait
>>
>>149181545
There's no way it was a good anime.
>>
>>149182998

Anyone who says so is fucking delusional. How come this shit became popular it's dragonar tier of boring tbqh
>>
This show was popular for the same reason Oregairu was:

1. Loser power fantasy: You have this guy, who regularly was a good for nothing, but suddenly became the coolest guy around for plot-related reasons and through plot-related contrivances.

2. Melodrama: Japanese love this (be it otaku or mainstream).

Then, in /a/, you had the crowd that glorified it from the get-go simply for not being SAO. The MC not being OP, and being an actual loser, was enough for many to get into this, even though the actual plot was as good as Gundam SEED Destiny's.
>>
Foreshadowing
>>
>>149181475
Betelgeuse desu
>>
>>149181475

Waifus were 9/10, story was 1/10.
The part that made me lose all hope was in episode 7 where the loli goes something like "Ram is dead and you ran away instead of confronting your problems. What is done is done. What matters is how you move forward.", then there's a pregnant pause, after which Subaru goes "NOPE I'LL JUST KILL MYSELF AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FIXED LOL"
Is that really the kind of morale they wanted to convey? In a Japanese show of all things?
>>
>>149181475
the battle in the bar
>>
I'm watching through this show right now. Is it just me or does every episode have the same shitty speech from the shitty MC about persevering and living life with a smile and not looking back?
>>
>>149183434
>waifus were 9/10
Which waifus? Rem was the only female character who ever fucking showed up.

Emilia has basically no discernible personality and disappeared.
Ram just stopped showing up unless she was on Roswaal's cock.
Felt only came back once after the beginning.
Ferris is a boy.
>>
>>149183523

I liked Emilia, not being a stereotype =/= no character.

Ram and Rem's banter with Subaru was pretty good too, but I'm only at Ep. 14. I figured the whole mabeast thing would fuck that up too, though.
>>
>>149183434
>Waifus were 9/10

Only waifu was Rem though
>>
File: afrosamuraiconsidersyouropinion.jpg (160KB, 1436x1078px) Image search: [Google]
afrosamuraiconsidersyouropinion.jpg
160KB, 1436x1078px
>>149183639
>>
>>149183605
You've gotten pretty much the entire characterization of Emilia by that point.

I'm not looking for a stereotype, I just have very little to go on with her.
What all did she do?
Bring the kid home. Anything else?
>>
>>149183733

She was a pretty good straight man to Subaru and the maids' memeing, plus she was cute.
>>
>>149183707
I could go for some bread, actually
>>
>>149183141
>You have this guy, who regularly was a good for nothing, but suddenly became the coolest guy around
>Oregairu

Did we watch the same show, or was there a secret protagonist other than 8man that had this happen to them
>>
>>149181475
Soundtrack is the only thing that went right with this anime.
>>
>>149183141
It's simpler than that, it's a shounen without going down the powerup route, Subaru doesn't cling to his loser status and actually wants friends instead of an ideal.
>>
>>149183639
>Not Felix
How do you sleep at night?
>>
>>149181475
I like that sound effect that played whenever he reset.
>>
The plot was interesting and unpredictable.
There's a huge cast of characters.
Subaru is a genuinely engaging MC.
>>
>>149181475
>right
Rem
>>
I don't know why /a/ shits on this. I liked the "restart from death" concept. It was a nice change from the normal fantasy / parallel shit. It let the show take interesting turns, and it showed Subarus development. Yes, he developed as a character.
>>
>>149186079

Except it completely sucks all suspense right out of any tense situation.
It makes for very boring drama when you know Subaru's just going to die/kill himself and redo anything he fucks up.

Steins Gate did it better, since when the MC there jumped back in time there were actual repercussions to it.
>>
>>149186208
I disagree, not him but I disliked the idea of resetting and I didn't like the show for the first few episodes because he could just die and have another go, but then the ending of episode 4 is spooky as hell and it was became fun to watch him fuck up and learn.
>>
>>149186208
There were repercussions though, every loop gets progressively worse. Even when it looks like its starting to get better it gets much worse.
>>
>>149186208
I actually liked the dying/resetting aspect because of how tortuous it is for the protagonist.
>>
>>149181475
it really enjoyed the aspects of him coming back from death and trying to use what he learned while at the same time hide that he had the knowledge from other people. I would really like a season 2 but idk how the jap gods decide on that.
>>
It had well directed first set of episodes, Subaru seemed like he would break the trend of dumbass over-powered-for-no-reason issekai protagonists. Time loops are interesting and Rem/Ram seemed like good waifus.

Then they completely dropped all the plot threads presented in the first few eps, Subaru turned out to be an even bigger manchild than could ever be expected, and every character either disappeared or had its personality replaced by garbage.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (19KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
19KB, 1024x768px
All the delicious Suffering
>>
File: 1443608841689.png (278KB, 495x526px) Image search: [Google]
1443608841689.png
278KB, 495x526px
Episode 15.

That episode outshone it self it's too bad the rest of the show couldn't follow suit to that glorious episode.
>>
>>149181475
Nothing, nothing at all.
>>
>>149183141

>1. Loser power fantasy: You have this guy, who regularly was a good for nothing, but suddenly became the coolest guy around for plot-related reasons and through plot-related contrivances.

This was the most disappointing part of watching this. I can't believe I got baited by people on /a/ saying this was different from the above. I went in expecting a "NEET discovers he is a useless coward no one wants to be around even when transported to a fantasy world" story for some reason.

I still had fun though
>>
>>149183141
>but suddenly became the coolest guy around
Except he didn't. He's still a complete loser and basically sucks at everything. His one "ability" being able to come back if he dies and do it all over, is a mixed blessing.
>>
>>149181475
Not much really
>>
>>149186406

But it isn't, at all. The only time he ever emulates any kind of reaction to dying it's something like "I don't want to redo because... dying hurts!" and it seems more like a handwave to explain why he doesn't just flip Emilia's skirt and then slit his throat fifty times over.
To compare, in Stein's Gate there was some actual, tangible effect to rewinding.
Every time he went back, he had to watch Tuturu get killed, over and over again, and he left the rest of his friends in the previous dimension behind, to be trapped in the worst timeline, forever. It actually broke him down.
Re:Zero's rewind is really weak by contrast.

Another problem I had with it was the explanation for why he doesn't tell Emilia and friends about his power.
Like, when he does and that eeeeevil hand grabs him, it feels more like it really tingles his nipples or something. Can he not just talk through that? But whatever.
Even if he can't talk about it directly, can he at least not explain why he can't talk about it? Or just say that's he's physically not able to? Does he even try? So many of the dilemmas he face are the result of not being able to explain himself, but he doesn't even try.
What about him being from a different dimension altogether? It's never shown that he can't talk about that, but for some reason he blinks into fantasyland and just goes "welp, guess I'm an MC now, better not figure out why!"
And noone even asks.

Really, the plot just seems half-baked. I think Re:Zero is actually pretty strong IMO when Subaru and the various waifus interact, but it feels like they left the overarcing plot to an intern.
>>
>>149186798
>Can he not just talk through that?

He did though, it killed Emilia because of it
>>
>>149186867

Welp, guess I need to watch some more. Why doesn't he just go "I'd love to tell you everything, but I literally, physically can't, please don't cuck me with that pretty boy knight" then?
>>
>>149186798
Well I guess that's the problem with trying to adapt a series as big and ongoing as Re:Zero is, since a majority of that gets dressed later on in arc 4. Sadly we will never get a season 2. As him going "welp, I guess I'm the MC now" is what he scums himself for, as he isn't the "hero" of the story he's set in, with him not giving a shit about his old world being major spoiler territory so I won't go there. He has also tried multiple times to talk about RbD actually, finally being able to talk about his respawn with a witch named Echidna in arc 4. But after asking a series of questions there really isn't no loophole when it comes to talking about the origin of his power or but him talking about coming from another world is a different problem entirely as there are some odd things regarding that. Plus Subaru to him is on a pretty bad timeline itself, considering Rem has been basically dead for over a year and him constantly blaming himself for it.

Also in the anime he did force his way through it, it killed Emilia.
>>
>>149187020
He did that in episode 13. Also constantly keeps doing it even though it causes him pain.
>>
>>149186798
>Another problem I had with it was the explanation for why he doesn't tell Emilia and friends about his power.
>Like, when he does and that eeeeevil hand grabs him, it feels more like it really tingles his nipples or something. Can he not just talk through that? But whatever.
>nipples tingling
If you haven't even watched the anime, why are you discussing it?
>>
>>149181475
That's a good question.
Probably doesn't have an answer since for all intents and purposes, nothing in this abomination of a show went right.
>>
>>149187066

He didn't though, he just sperged out over her and went all "YOU OWE ME SEX"
>>
>>149187308
I said he tried, I didn't say he tried it well.
>>
>>149182045
Learning more about a mysterious character isn't character development. Subaru had the most character development, as his character actually did change (he viewed himself as an MC at first, then became a baby, then became kind of ok).
I'll admit, there wasn't really any depth to the character development, but it was still pretty enjoyable.
Anime's for kids and perverts, anon... Don't expect complexity.
>>
>>149187422

>Anime's for kids and perverts, anon... Don't expect complexity.

Clearly you haven't seen K-On!, the Re:Zero of anime.
>>
>>149184198
Shounen is demographics not a genre, it doesn't specify anything about the plot.
>>
>>149187024

I understand that being a hikiNEET makes a fantasy world seem pretty compelling, but he literally wonders aloud why he was summoned there once in like episode 1 and then never again, and Emilia asks him once in the first timeline and then just accepts the vague answer he gives.
>>
>>149187619
Well he doesn't literally wonder outloud, not to mention nobody will listen to a ramblings of a mad-man, since the curse is sentient. The reason she accepts the vauge answer in the first time-line is due to not having presumably on the line on her side.
>>
>>149187732
I also forgot to add that his excuse that he's from Kararagi is working pretty well for himself, since nobody touches on that subject after putting that excuse up.
>>
>>149187884
Not everyone anon Echidna touches on that subject a number of times its one of her things
>>
File: subarupose.png.jpg (74KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
subarupose.png.jpg
74KB, 640x360px
>>149181475
They did a good job portraying of much of a shitty person Subaru was. When everyone from the audience, to the other characters, to Toyota himself acknowledge how much of an insufferable faggot he is, then you know it was intentional and that it was done properly.
>>
>>149188261

I think that was meant to be quirky and endearing, Anon...
>>
Betty best girl
>>
Rem.

The only reason i watch this show honestly.
>>
File: 1329622006773.jpg (60KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
1329622006773.jpg
60KB, 447x400px
>>149189138
>He fell for the waifubait
>>
File: ReZero-ep18.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ReZero-ep18.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>149188803
Think to how he talked about himself in episode 18. "All I do is talk a big game, and make myself sounds like a big shot when I can't do anything." He knows this and so does everyone else. It's why they constantly get mad at him because he's always putting on an act. Even without Crusch's blessing, it's easy to see through his bullshit. And this is why people distanced themselves from him all the time, because he's always forcing himself more than necessary, and it gets annoying.
>>
>>149182045
Rem just changed her obsession with her sister as being best to falling in love with Subaru and obsessing with him now.

Her character didn't change at all.
>>
Felt.
>>
File: 1470862501591.jpg (358KB, 681x594px) Image search: [Google]
1470862501591.jpg
358KB, 681x594px
>>149189248
>he sees any other qualities in the show
>>
File: 143456543465.jpg (122KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
143456543465.jpg
122KB, 1000x1000px
>>149189264
Thank god he's no longer a flaming faggot after Rem fixed him. Being "Rem's Hero" really gave him something to towards.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.